Moderation Change and Rules Clarification

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Some of you may have noticed a small change, as far as moderation goes, here on the forums. @MajorMiscue and @j2pac are new moderators and with their stepping in as moderators, now is a good time to clarify some of the rules here. This will not affect many of you, but those who like to post in the NPR area are asked to read over these rule clarifications.

Be respectful

This forum is for civil discussion. Consider this forum as your local pool room. Post with the same respect you would show someone at your local pool room. Disagreement is ok, but disrespectful insults are not.

In general, be courteous to others. Debate/discuss/argue the merits of ideas, don't attack people. Personal insults, troll accusations, hate speech, any suggestion or support of harm, violence, or death, and other rule violations can result in a permanent ban.

Personal attacks of any kind, directed towards members or non-members, will not be tolerated. Treat others with basic decency. Name calling, ad-hominem, demeaning, inflammatory, or other uncivil comments are not allowed

Where is my Freedom of Speech?

Although the constitution of the US guarantees that “Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech”, AzBilliards forum is not Congress. Freedom of speech rights do not extend to this privately owned website. The guidelines of this website govern the behavior and activities of the members. If you choose not to follow the guidelines, you will be banned.

Public Disagreements with Administration/Staff or Guidelines

Do not argue on the board with a moderator or admin. Do not attempt to petition the owner/administration to change policy through posts, polls, petitions, or any other service. If you disagree with AZB policy or have suggestions for improvements you may respectfully post your comments via private message.

Complaints

Complaints about products, services or organizations require accountability (your entire real name signed on the post).

Privacy

Keep private correspondences private. Do not share private information regarding other users. Names, emails, street addresses, employers of other users are not to be shared.

If you see comments in violation of our rules, please report them.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thank you for this thread clarifying the new rules and modifications and moderators

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we get some further clarification regarding "Complaints"? I often complain about things, respectfully I'd like to think, but I don't sign my name on my posts. Will this no longer be allowed?

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
Thumbs up here! I tip my hat to both @MajorMiscue and @j2pac for their selfless act & headache invoking task known as moderator. I am no stranger to this kind of hassle....it requires a lot of grit, thick skin, and the ability to be very objective; even in the face of making enemies within your own ranks! Stay strong, gentlemen!!

Debate on!!

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I've made a couple small updates to these rules.

Personal attacks of any kind, directed towards members or non-members, will not be tolerated. Treat others with basic decency. Name calling, ad-hominem, demeaning, inflammatory, or other uncivil comments are not allowed

This is basically referring to public/political figures. You can disagree with someone's policies all you want, but don't stoop to just name calling. It's a bad look. Spend a little more time on the post than just throwing out a personal insult.

Do not argue on the board with a moderator or admin. Do not attempt to petition the owner/administration to change policy through posts, polls, petitions, or any other service. If you disagree with AZB policy or have suggestions for improvements you may respectfully post your comments via private message.

We get it. You don't agree with it you are moderated. If you have an issue with it, you know how to reach me. Whining about it on the forum is a good way to earn a vacation.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've made a couple small updates to these rules.

This is basically referring to public/political figures. You can disagree with someone's policies all you want, but don't stoop to just name calling. It's a bad look. Spend a little more time on the post than just throwing out a personal insult.

We get it. You don't agree with it you are moderated. If you have an issue with it, you know how to reach me. Whining about it on the forum is a good way to earn a vacation.
Can you speak about whether the rules toward politics has changed? You mention political figures above and there are numerous postes of a political nature going right now. Is it allowed again?

MajorMiscue

Demoncrat
Gold Member
Can you speak about whether the rules toward politics has changed? You mention political figures above and there are numerous postes of a political nature going right now. Is it allowed again?
Yes. No topics are verboten. The requirement is to treat each other with respect, attack the argument not the person.
No name calling. We would like civil discourse, just be nice to each other.

Oh, and do not critique, debate or defy mods/admin on the boards.
If you have a comment/complaint take it to PM. If you think a post is over the line, hit the report button. Thank you.

Merry Christmas

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. No topics are verboten. The requirement is to treat each other with respect, attack the argument not the person.

If you have a comment/complaint take it to PM. If you think a post is over the line, hit the report button. Thank you.

Merry Christmas
Sounds good. Thanks!

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
are there plans to carry this over to the "aiming " forum?
although the current bans have pretty much stopped the shenanigans

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member

Merry Christmas

When you go to the NPR forum there is an announcement at the top of the page: "A quick reminder that political posts are still not allowed here. Let this be a reminder that bans will resume for political posts."

MajorMiscue

Demoncrat
Gold Member
When you go to the NPR forum there is an announcement at the top of the page: "A quick reminder that political posts are still not allowed here. Let this be a reminder that bans will resume for political posts."
Could you report that announcement? I'm not seeing it but I'm old and slow.......

Pool Hand Luke

It's right under the forum optiions bar. However there's also an "X" on the far right side that allows one to dismiss this warning by clicking it.