More chalk talk

SSP

I was in the "no way will I ever spend X dollars on chalk" I like magnetic chalk holders, they just work for me, needed a new one and had to spend enough to get free shipping so bought the Taom V10 chalk, I bought it last January, judging by what's left I estimate I won't have to buy another piece until June, the cleanliness is like night and day, makes keeping the table clean easier, my shafts clean and my hands don't look like I am a smurf, you are a pool player or you wouldn't be here, we waste so much money on pool related stuff I came to the conclusion that it only costs me about a dollar a MONTH to play with the cleaner chalk, this might be one of the cheapest things I waste money on in pool, I guarantee I will waste more money than that by mistake on something pool related, that made me feel better about buying a $20 piece of chalk.

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No I would not,but as long as people buy it they will sell it. I don't have a miscue problem so I can't justify spending 25 bucks on a piece of chalk.
If your happy, there is no reason too, It won't make you play any better. I did get some navigator chalk to see, As some have said, its like the perfect peice of masters.
I got it for half the price. Even that is a lot to pay for a peice of chalk.

SSP

If your happy, there is no reason too, It won't make you play any better. I did get some navigator chalk to see, As some have said, its like the perfect peice of masters.
I got it for half the price. Even that is a lot to pay for a peice of chalk.
I would have had to pay $10 for shipping so I got the chalk for $10, surprised how long it has lasted, already a year, I won't think anything of spending $20 every year and a half.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Can regular masters chalk wear down the samsara break tip on a bk rush?
I just noticed mines near flat , I’ve done so much 10ball practice breaking since I got it what’s more likely the cause of that? Chalk or all the hits

Probably broke near 500 times in 2 months or so with it

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have had to pay $10 for shipping so I got the chalk for $10, surprised how long it has lasted, already a year, I won't think anything of spending $20 every year and a half.
I got mine in june, and its half gone already. It wasn't a bad deal. Alot depends how much you play. I would spend that again. Mine was 12 with free shipping.

Flakeandrun

I play between 4-7 days a week since January of this year, at least 2 hours a day, used a piece of Taom Pyro. Not even a fraction of the way through it... and I use Some random purple HeddaRo my friend gave me for my break and jump cues (it holds better to the tip, and It's not my table... so a nice little purple mark helps me gauge where I have had success breaking on the different tables in the hall). This has just under a quarter gone.

My question is, what are you people doing to your chalk in the first place? eating it? Sniffing it? :ROFLMAO: I saw one guy on social media, demolished a whole block of Taom in 6 months or so. How?

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I was in the "no way will I ever spend X dollars on chalk" I like magnetic chalk holders, they just work for me, needed a new one and had to spend enough to get free shipping so bought the Taom V10 chalk, I bought it last January, judging by what's left I estimate I won't have to buy another piece until June, the cleanliness is like night and day, makes keeping the table clean easier, my shafts clean and my hands don't look like I am a smurf, you are a pool player or you wouldn't be here, we waste so much money on pool related stuff I came to the conclusion that it only costs me about a dollar a MONTH to play with the cleaner chalk, this might be one of the cheapest things I waste money on in pool, I guarantee I will waste more money than that by mistake on something pool related, that made me feel better about buying a $20 piece of chalk.
Been playing with Taom V10 for some weeks now. The cleanliness is worth multiples of the price. That is of course, IMHO, and note I hate cleaning sh$t.

SSP

Been playing with Taom V10 for some weeks now. The cleanliness is worth multiples of the price. That is of course, IMHO, and note I hate cleaning sh$t.
Why clean when you can be working on your game? I wish I could say I was smart and choose to use it, I only tried it because I was a cheap skate and didn't want to pay for shipping.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I picked up a V10 ($20) in Feb of this year. Two months ago, a buddy had one he wasn't using so I paid $10 for that one.
The 1st piece is about 80+% gone and it is always in my case for when I play away from home.
The 2nd piece is still 90+% and is only used on my home table.
I would guess I get 10 months out of one piece of V10. I was going through a cube of Masters every 4 weeks.
I used to vacuum my home table every 2-3 weeks when using Masters, Predator, or Blue Diamond.
With the V10, I vacuum every other month. It's cleaner on my hands and equipment.
I don't have to run the vac across the cloth as often, saving that wear on the cloth as well.
I chalk up a couple times per rack as opposed to after every shot with the blue stuff.
Keeping everything clean is more than worth the extra $10-$15 extra per year I'm spending on chalk.

Reactions: SSP

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Why clean when you can be working on your game? I wish I could say I was smart and choose to use it, I only tried it because I was a cheap skate and didn't want to pay for shipping.
Please don't let my wife know I appreciate cleanliness...she will ask me to clean more and that would cause my pool game to suffer.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if you’re just remembering wrong?

The balls and cloth today (Aramith/Brunswick and Simonis 760/860) are identical to what they were 30 years ago. What era were you betting high? Unless it was before the Simonis era, I’m betting it’s just in your head:)

One definite physical difference is if you are playing on the about 15 years of Diamonds that left black marks on the balls, that could cause skids. The early Diamonds in the 90’s left no marks, as their pockets were not dyed black. The next gen were all dyed black and left tons of marks. The dye process improved about 10 years ago. Those marks were non-existent on the GC days.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Chalk papers. Teachers used to teach with chalk and chalkboards.

The Duchess of Doom teaches you how to see the ball and stroke it, bring your chalk paper with your for practicing. You will need a lot of paper for chalking your stick for necessary shots.

Scientific Research Purpose: Print chalk in fractals and see if you can stack it with interlocking mechanisms

FractalPrintingTestChalk.JPEG