More Videos from AZ Room at the DCC

mthornto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cross posting this for those not still checking the DCC forum.

Here is the complete list of the individual match videos I took in the AZ Room. This is all I managed to get. Next year I will try to get a few more.

However, don't despair. I still have videos from the Williebetmore vs Breakup and the first 5 racks of a 70 something ball run by John Schmidt. I will get all these uploaded as I can this week.


deadstroke88 vs williebetmore :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_jSd_rU4qo

cornerman vs hal :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqWwAu42fWY

sure scratch vs bora driver :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEaYKnt2Zxs

eight ball art vs boradriver :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs8upv_h4aA

Dr Cue in AZ Room :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYPSCrypZ8Q

timberly vs cornerman :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkAHVo0BGwU

ummagumma vs deadstroke87 :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0tECzvodx4

scott lee vs bankonit :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LijY7gO3XoU
Edit/Delete Message
 
hemicudas said:
OK, Williebetmore, you can come off the stall now. I don't play any more, LOL.

Hemi-,
Well, if you think THAT was ugly; wait until you see the grudge match vid.

Not to criticize the great and famous cinematographer mthornto; but there are NO VIDEO'S OF ME PLAYING WITH LESS THAN 3 BEERS in me (one beer is enough to make me have difficulty standing up). I do NOT generally imbibe while playing pool - this is definitely a new experience for me.

P.S. - and another thing, those tables are TOUGH (and the sun was in my eyes).
 
Thanks for posting the vids. I thoroughly enjoyed watching them. Nice to be able to put faces to names & it looked like you all were having a blast!

Definitely looking forward to the grudge match video!!:D
 
Did I miss something here in the Scott Lee vs Bank On it video? Why does Scott take ball in hand after the break?

Incidentally, nice videos! It's good to see the members on here hooking up and playing some pool / having fun etc..
I wish I could've made it out!

DJ
 
Last edited:
Williebetmore said:
Hemi-,
Well, if you think THAT was ugly; wait until you see the grudge match vid.

Not to criticize the great and famous cinematographer mthornto; but there are NO VIDEO'S OF ME PLAYING WITH LESS THAN 3 BEERS in me (one beer is enough to make me have difficulty standing up). I do NOT generally imbibe while playing pool - this is definitely a new experience for me.

P.S. - and another thing, those tables are TOUGH (and the sun was in my eyes).

Now that's funny. Can't attest to the sun part but I know how tight those pockets are. Virtually like playing 9 ball on a snooker table.
 
No, no "A" games caught on tape.

Keep in mind that:

1. The tables are very tough.
2. Before most tapes matches the players *had no* warm up.
3. The players *had no* sleep.
4. The players *had* beer.
5. Most importantly, the games were more about having fun than focusing on playing.

All that said, for those that can do better, show up next year and teach us all how! You teach us how to play pool and we will teach you how to drink and have a good time. :)

Seriously, every pool fan should make it to the DCC at least once. Of course, once you go once you will go back every year.
 
mthornto said:
No, no "A" games caught on tape.

Keep in mind that:

1. The tables are very tough.
2. Before most tapes matches the players *had no* warm up.
3. The players *had no* sleep.
4. The players *had* beer.
5. Most importantly, the games were more about having fun than focusing on playing.

All that said, for those that can do better, show up next year and teach us all how! You teach us how to play pool and we will teach you how to drink and have a good time. :)

Seriously, every pool fan should make it to the DCC at least once. Of course, once you go once you will go back every year.

I'd love to come out next year! I don't think I can teach anyone to shoot pool.. That's Scott Lee's job, but I might have a thing or two I can show ya on the drinking and having a good time. :D

Nice video work, and especially nice commentating! :) :D
 
PlynSets said:
I'd love to come out next year! I don't think I can teach anyone to shoot pool.. That's Scott Lee's job, but I might have a thing or two I can show ya on the drinking and having a good time. :D

Nice video work, and especially nice commentating! :) :D

Scott Lee often stopped in the room and would help out players that asked.

This actually brings up something that I don't think has been mentioned. There are several good instructors at the DCC. You can contact and book many of them for lessons at the DCC. So, if you are interested in lessons from a top instructor like Scott but he does not get by your neck of the woods, then come to DCC next year and book some time with him!

michael <- has his camera ready and looking forward to meeting new folks next year
 
henho said:
I certainly hope thats not anyone's A game!


mthornto said:
No, no "A" games caught on tape.

Keep in mind that:

1. The tables are very tough.
2. Before most tapes matches the players *had no* warm up.
3. The players *had no* sleep.
4. The players *had* beer.
5. Most importantly, the games were more about having fun than focusing on playing.

All that said, for those that can do better, show up next year and teach us all how! You teach us how to play pool and we will teach you how to drink and have a good time. :)
Aside from the things that I've put in bold print, I'd like to point out that I was playing with a fractured thumb. ;)

All excuses aside.... I still can't play pool! :p

Call it Murphy's law or whatever, but Fred & I played another game after that... I'm pretty sure he won that one too (can't remember for sure) but I do know that I played much, much better that game. Of course the camera was no longer rolling. :rolleyes:

Timberly <--- doesn't recall hitting a single ball while sober. LOL, I stayed sober to work the booth and would drink afterwards.
 
I am STILL waiting to hear the results/story on the one handed challenge shot I sponsored. I heard the results on the one handed last pocket 8 ball tourney I co-sponsored.

I kinda thought putting up the money for the challenge shot kinda entitled me to a few words about how it went, but considering I asked twice on here and no answer... I guess I was wrong..

Russ
 
I enjoyed the videos, now I can put a face to the AZ posters. And, I found out that if I wait until everybody gets drunk I might be able to win a few games.:)
 
Russ Chewning said:
I am STILL waiting to hear the results/story on the one handed challenge shot I sponsored. I heard the results on the one handed last pocket 8 ball tourney I co-sponsored.

I kinda thought putting up the money for the challenge shot kinda entitled me to a few words about how it went, but considering I asked twice on here and no answer... I guess I was wrong..

Russ

Russ,
You were answered in some thread or other (?by Jay?).

I believe satman won the one-handed back pocket 8-ball event ($100), and mthornto was second ($50).

It was too difficult for me to even consider, so I went drinking in the action room - saw some great matches. I hope you are able to join the festivities next year.
 
Back
Top