MOSCONI CUP LIVE (Score Updates)

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a positive: Tomorrow the team should feel no pressure. They are expected to lose. So they might get into "Give-up Stroke"

Billy Incardona had some great comments about Give-Up Stroke, in his AccuStats commentary. He said something like "Hey, you are down big, nobody expects you to win, so you just start shooting at everything and running out. Then as soon as you get within reach of winning, Bang! You dog it again."

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Europe could send their B team to the event and still win

Mika, Toasty, Melling, Boyes and Nick the Greek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A "C" team of Alcaide, Vandenberg, Kazakis, Peach and Souquet would likely be favored to win, as well.

The European talent pool is deep indeed.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A "C" team of Alcaide, Vandenberg, Kazakis, Peach and Souquet would likely be favored to win, as well.

Lol
With Euro on hill and 8 match points/ chances to win the cup, a team of Alison Fisher,Kelly Fisher, Jasmin,Steve Davis , Jimmy White is enough to get the job done:thumbup:

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm watching the Justin/Rodney match. I'm amazed about how rock solid Mark Gray's stance and fundamentals are. A rampaging buffalo couldn't knock him over. Reminds me of Kim Davenport.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom website teeing up first matches for Day 4 as:
Jayson v Dechaine
Niels v SVB

Jayson v Dechaine will be megacracker considering their past bust ups.
Cannot imagine the immense pressure Dechaine is under- has not won any point and now plays a match he cannot lose or his team loses

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think playing the 'D' team would make it a contest.

Marcus Chamat (c)
Tony Drago
Imran Majid
Konstantin Stepanov
Mario He

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cannot imagine the immense pressure Dechaine is under- has not won any point and now plays a match he cannot lose or his team loses

I disagree. We are expected to lose and lose soon. The pressure is off.

And you know, that UUUUUUUU-EP thing they used to repeat every 5 seconds a few years ago is maddening. But I can almost imagine myself getting into these songs and chants the Euro fans are doing.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Matchroom website teeing up first matches for Day 4 as:
Jayson v Dechaine
Niels v SVB

Jayson v Dechaine will be megacracker considering their past bust ups.

Jayson in the first match is what I would have done, too. He's the only Euro without a singles win so far, so you know he's champing at the bit. A rookie wrapped it up for Team EUR last year.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree. We are expected to lose and lose soon. The pressure is off.

And you know, that UUUUUUUU-EP thing they used to repeat every 5 seconds a few years ago is maddening. But I can almost imagine myself getting into these songs and chants the Euro fans are doing.

It would be even better if Mike D could pull off the win, and then did a mocking English accent in the post interview. You know, really get the crowd upset :thumbup:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Jayson in the first match is what I would have done, too. He's the only Euro without a singles win so far, so you know he's champing at the bit. A rookie wrapped it up for Team EUR last year.

Even ignoring the ill feelings between them, Mikand Jayson have probably met in a dozen different Joss tour finals, with the tally about even in those matches.

This has been a great rivalry for a long time. Might be a fun match.

Player of the Year vs a guy who has beaten him on many occasions. Edge to Jayson but Mike will feel comfortable against his long-time rival.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Europe could send their B team to the event and still win

Mika, Toasty, Melling, Boyes and Nick the Greek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness, Europe's B team would nearly be even money against the A team. Those guys are no joke. You could throw Souqet and Alcade amongst others in there too

swirly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even ignoring the ill feelings between them, Mikand Jayson have probably met in a dozen different Joss tour finals, with the tally about even in those matches.

Player of the Year vs a guy who has beaten him on many occasions. Edge to Jayson but Mike will feel comfortable against his long-time rival.

They've def played some world class joss finals matches. I think Mike will play fine but could get rattled if he makes an early mistake and hears it from the crowd...

Arete

Registered

Another element that makes this a fun match to watch, besides the fact of their rivalry, is that both want to prove that they have what it takes to perform in the Cup. It will be a fun match to watch for sure.

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You just saw the mentality and hustling tactics that are in the mindset of the USA players.
After Sky kicked and hit the 2, he walked slowly back to his chair walking in front of both European players sizing up their shot.
He whispers to Rodney, did you see me slow walk back and Rodney laughs and says oh you slow walked or something to that effect.

Interesting that nobody else mentioned this.

If it had been somebody like Boyes there would have been about four separate threads on it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The American traitors' words in this thread are eye-opening. It's always the same people too.

SakuJack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The American traitors' words in this thread are eye-opening. It's always the same people too.

Tiresome nonsense as per usual. How is anybody in this thread being treacherous? Honest criticism is not in itself disloyal.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In fairness, Europe's B team would nearly be even money against the A team. Those guys are no joke. You could throw Souqet and Alcade amongst others in there too

Yup, but not only Europes B team but also C, D and even E team would be superstrong. For example like this:

B team: Hohmann, Immonen, Boyes, Alcaide, Souquet
C team: Filler, He, Kazakis, Van Den Berg, Chinakov
D team: Fortunski, Szewczyk, Juszczyszyn, Sanches Ruiz, Teutscher
E team: Peach, Ekonomopoulos, Grabe, Makkonen, Majid