Mosconi "Snakes" ?

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
Watching the press conference, and they call out Shaw for the recent social media 'snakes' comments, but he won't say what it's about. Then he doubles down that the entire team are snakes, including Chris Robinson...

Any ideas what he is talking about? Did Shane chop the rail with Dennis?

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. This doesn't seem like manufactured drama from matchroom either. I too am curious about the snake in the grass reference.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know if this is real life or not. This could be real, however, this also has the feel of reality TV/pro wrestling to where it is scripted drama.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I wish I was a millionaire. I would put up the cash with Shane. Chinese 8 ball table one pocket. Jayson would go down fast and hard.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
What struck me during the press conference was that Jayson didn't want to elaborate. He was asked multiple times and he refused. He did eventually reference that he might have also been talking about Tyler Styer. :oops:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
brilliant, instinctive pool player. but sticking a microphone under his nose is generally not a good idea

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
George Jones
Answered October 20, 2018 · Author has 95 answers and 78.1K answer views

A “snake”, also known as “a snake in a grass” or “snake in long grass” refers to the reptile that cannot be easily seen because of the long grass.
When someone calls you a snake, they imply that you are being sneaky and that you are hiding something. Perhaps not hiding, but you are concealing something, like a snake in long grass.
Snakes (the reptile) are known for being slippery and difficult to handle. When someone is calling you a snake, they are calling you a slippery character. That means that you are well aware of your intentions, and ready to escape/slither away when it suits you, whilst keeping such ideas secret from others. Perhaps you are about to cause some trouble, then sneak out the way hoping not to be detected.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
If you listen, SVB says "you do it... we all do it" during the press conference stuff... That's why I thought of rack mechanics or chopping

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
If you listen, SVB says "you do it... we all do it" during the press conference stuff... That's why I thought of rack mechanics or chopping
Don't know what chopping is but Shane said everybody does it and you (Jason) do it too. Probably does mean rack mechanics.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always have a distaste for the decorum of the USA team with the exception of SVB who is a class act from what I see. The USA team seem more selfish and more of individuals than a team.

Regardless what you think about masks but look how the Euro's have their mask on and everyone from the USA doesn't. I mean you are in another country and that should mean more caution.
128781701_10158763085050115_3643316284414002543_o-1.jpg

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
For what it's worth, the answer to Jayson's question about who won the last major international event is .... Jayson himself at the 2019 International 9-ball Open last autumn.

What difference do rack mechanics make at the Mosconi, an event in which the referee racks the balls? This all sounds like hot air to me. Trash talk just for the sake of it, hoping to get a few of the fans to get more revved up about the upcoming event.

Let the games begin.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Chopping....also know as a saver...it makes second prize worth more than the sheet says..and first prize less.
....I think it doesn’t hurt the integrity of the game...it allows more players to make a living.
Grass or grasses...Shaw is from the UK...this is a much harsher word...our equivalent is rat or stool pigeon.
Snake is self evident...so there is some legitimate bad feelings here.

Seems the Styer story is tied in here somehow...be interesting when it comes out..
Styer was the obvious fifth pick....so there’s some deep feelings.

Jerry R

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always have a distaste for the decorum of the USA team with the exception of SVB who is a class act from what I see. The USA team seem more selfish and more of individuals than a team.

Regardless what you think about masks but look how the Euro's have their mask on and everyone from the USA doesn't. I mean you are in another country and that should mean more caution.
128781701_10158763085050115_3643316284414002543_o-1.jpg

Wearing a mask when you have been in a “bubble” with a small group of people who all tested negative multiple times seems a bit silly doesn’t it?
And the all pulled them off to talk while literally rubbing shoulders with each other anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums