Most $ you've won in one day?

Texas3cushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the most cash you've won in one day?

Not in a tournament but gambling.

For me it was $1,000 playing one pocket
We started at $20 a game and he kept doubling it šŸ˜‚

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will turn into a dick measuring contest. But I have to share mine because it was a glorious day!

Attachments

• IMG_9887.jpeg
    IMG_9887.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 141

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
In the 'Hey Days' of the 'Rack,' this wouldn't even be a public/social discussion.

BTW, is this restricted to 'cue games' gambling?

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
$1200 playing 3 ball. Started a big 3 ball game on a Sunday, playing for quarters. A group of 4 or 5 sitting together wanted to join and play with their own $5 side pot. When I said sure, they then invited me to join their side pot. That led to me getting about 250 ahead. Must have been a work crew as one of them had a bank envelope and was digging out big bills. Sponsored the whole table when the game evolved to them against me for 5. Then his crew bailed leaving me to play the boss for 50. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
I won't go into details, but here's a short excerpt from my book. "The Concise Book of Position Play."

Secrets of a 3 Cushion Billiard Hustler​

I have to confess Iā€™ve probably won more money from 1968-2000 than anyone in the US playing 3 cushion billiards. One of my first victims was a celebrity, Milton Berle, $30.00 which he promptly stiffed me, his excuse, ā€œhey kid, you think I would have taken your moneyā€, I was 19.

Though out my career Iā€™ve played for $2.00 a game up to $90,000.00 a game and Iā€™m here to tell you thereā€™s no difference. It all depends on your life style and circumstances. If youā€™re broke, the $2.00 game looks like a million. If youā€™re flush, the $90,000.00 feels like a deuce. Itā€™s all relative.

Zerksies

I won an online tournament for $4k back before the government says Americans can't play poker online.

Pool . . . do people gamble money on pool games?
I had $16k in one day during the boom. Black Monday was a crappy day $35k gone. In the end i received a check for $.71 the government called it back taxes. I cashed out for $250k+ before the feds got involved.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the late 1970s I won $300 against a guy playing eight ball at $20 a game. When he pulled up empty he put his Rolex up against what he had lost for one last race to 5. He lost and I got the watch. I really didn't know anything about Rolexes back then, but it was gold so I knew it was worth something. It didn't fit my lifestyle (sneakers, jeans and t-shirts) so I wound up selling it to a wholesale jeweler in one of the downtown Chicago high rises for $1200 bucks. I'm sure it was worth a lot more, (day-date President) so it was probably a bigger score for the jeweler than for me, but I paid 4 months rent on my apartment with it. :)

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I beat a guy out of his tax refund at a bar one night to the tune of about 2 grand back in the 90's playing 8-ball. He got angry when he realized he was out of gambling money.....I made a quick exit while his own pals held him back. Other than that, I play small stakes amongst friends....my skill level is nowhere good enough to play big....but the guy at the bar didn't take much skill to beat.