Mr. CJ Wiley, questions and answers thread, ask what you want to know?

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any questions for Mr. CJ Wiley will be answered in this thread. Pool related, and other questions will be answered by Mr. CJ, himself! the captain of the USA Mosconi cup pool team. He teaches pool good too. thanks.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me first.
Who is the best player he personally ever played ?
And who is the best he ever saw?
And to make it easy lets limit this to 9 ball only.
This may be a little hard for him as I know hes never seen me play.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me first.

CJ has played everyone over 37 years old i'd guess that is a champion, and elite champions. I see it myself in Vegas a couple times once for big $. CJ is real as they get in pool.

I think he wont like this thread, he asked that no more like this be posted on his behalf, just sayin'

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ has played everyone over 37 years old i'd guess that is a champion, and elite champions. I see it myself in Vegas a couple times once for big $. CJ is real as they get in pool.

I think he wont like this thread, he asked that no more like this be posted on his behalf, just sayin'

Hello Mr. Fatboy,
I trust that you are doing OK! I talked to Mr. CJ for 45 minutes before posting this thread. He said OK, go for it Lock N Load. We talked about a lot pool too. CJ, has a lot going for himself and he likes to teach pool to people that want to improve their pool game Thanks.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since C J has spent quite a bit of time in Dallas, I was wondering if he had met, played, or have any stories about, Bob Vanover, Dick Lane, UJ Puckett. Thanks.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
CJ,

seems like not to long ago you were looking for a place to open your new poolroom, have you found any suitable locations yet?, I would like to make a trip to Dallas with Calvin, that would be fun!

David

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member

No Eric, that was the Joey A Thread where Lock got a dressing down for posting it.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Mr. Fatboy,
I trust that you are doing OK! I talked to Mr. CJ for 45 minutes before posting this thread. He said OK, go for it Lock N Load. We talked about a lot pool too. CJ, has a lot going for himself and he likes to teach pool to people that want to improve their pool game Thanks.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

I took a lesson at his home for 4 1/2 hours last Sat. Great stuff. Good teacher; has already helped me immensely and that was just with the basic stuff. He also gave me his number and said call anytime I have a question. He is the real deal and is great for the game !

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i got a question for cj. well 2 of them.

he has said that sometimes he used disguises when on the road. i was wondering if he ever dyed his hair black. also did you play in a pool hall in port st. lucie fla around 1986 or 1987 ?

the reason i asked those 2 questions is because i played a guy that looked like you back then except he had black hair. i found out real quick like i was not in his league. if it was him i gotta tell him he did not get all my money, just most of it.:grin:

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he is taking questions, I have about a million. Would be honored if he answered one of them, here are three.

1. When does he plan on starting a pro mens tour and what game would he like to feature?

2. What practice routine or drill helped him the most?

3. Accuracy seems to be my biggest struggle. When I think of all my misses I would say it is from not hitting the cue ball precise enough. What drill do you think would help the most?

jaysmith850

certified banger
it may be just me but i wish cj would record him telling some of his road stories, weather it be video or just audio. kinda like the ronnie allen stories on youtube. im sure he can tell the stories himself even better than we can imagine them.

RRfireblade

Grammer Are For Stupids
Silver Member
Seems like if CJ wanted yet another thread hounding him with endless questions.....he would start one himself.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
CJ,

What took you so long to teach ME the truth about TOI?

Don't answer. I don't really care. All I care about is that I finally got it.

Thanks Again,

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was living in Florida in 86/87, so we played all down that east coast quite a bit

i got a question for cj. well 2 of them.

he has said that sometimes he used disguises when on the road. i was wondering if he ever dyed his hair black. also did you play in a pool hall in port st. lucie fla around 1986 or 1987 ?

the reason i asked those 2 questions is because i played a guy that looked like you back then except he had black hair. i found out real quick like i was not in his league. if it was him i gotta tell him he did not get all my money, just most of it.:grin:

I was living in Florida in 86/87, so we played all down that east coast quite a bit. The thing is I don't remember having black hair, if anything it was usually bleached blond. I traveled during that time with Strong Arm John and we spent a lot of time on the beach during the day, then we'd go into the pool room mode at night.

We played for a lot of money in Melbourne against Dave Favor, and it seems like we did gamble in St. Lucie, just can't remember the details of who we played or the pool room. Maybe if you described the pool room or circumstances I would remember better. Florida was a "hot bed" of action back then and we played close to a hundred matches though out the state.

I've heard someone has the money match on video where I played Mario Cruz giving him the 7/8/9 in Miami. Maybe I can track that down, I believe Hunter Lombardo is the one that told me about it.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The gambling match with Efren Reyes in Seattle was the toughest one I ever played

Me first.

It's difficult to say there was just one player that was "the best". All the great champions had areas of brilliance - It was brutal facing the "perfect stoke and position play" of Buddy Hall, The awesome overall game of Steve Mizerak, the shot making offense of Earl Strickland, the devastating break and run packages of Johnny Archer and Tony Ellin, the tenacity and consistency of Nick Varner, the strategic mastery of Allen Hopkins, the natural talent of Rodney Morris, the kicking ability and overall games of the Filipino players, there were SO MANY great players in that era.

The gambling match with Efren Reyes (at the all filipino pool room) in Seattle was the toughest game I ever played for a long period of time. We played nearly 14 hours and I had already played Rudolpho Luat over 10 hours that same day. We were betting tens of thousands per set as well.

I would say it's a tie between Buddy, Earl, Johnny, and Efren with honor able mentions to Bustemante, Varner, Hopkins, Sigel, Mizerak, Rempe, D. Howard, McCready, W. Crane, R. Morris, Hatch, Ellin and Parica.
189b-06l.gif

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....I would say it's a tie between Buddy, Earl, Johnny, and Efren with honor able mentions to Bustemante, Varner, Hopkins, Sigel, Mizerak, Rempe, D. Howard, McCready, W. Crane, R. Morris, Hatch, Ellin and Parica.

I always knew you had good taste! :cool:

thebighurt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's difficult to say there was just one player that was "the best". All the great champions had areas of brilliance - It was brutal facing the "perfect stoke and position play" of Buddy Hall, The awesome overall game of Steve Mizerak, the shot making offense of Earl Strickland, the devastating break and run packages of Johnny Archer and Tony Ellin, the tenacity and consistency of Nick Varner, the strategic mastery of Allen Hopkins, the natural talent of Rodney Morris, the kicking ability and overall games of the Filipino players, there were SO MANY great players in that era.

The gambling match with Efren Reyes (at the all filipino pool room) in Seattle was the toughest game I ever played for a long period of time. We played nearly 14 hours and I had already played Rudolpho Luat over 10 hours that same day. We were betting tens of thousands per set as well.

I would say it's a tie between Buddy, Earl, Johnny, and Efren with honor able mentions to Bustemante, Varner, Hopkins, Sigel, Mizerak, Rempe, D. Howard, McCready, W. Crane, R. Morris, Hatch, Ellin and Parica.
189b-06l.gif

Hi CJ, I missed you talking about the details of the match with efren and Luat. How did you play these guys? Talk about a one two punch..

billf59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cj did you ever play Joe Salazar aka Mexican Joe he marred a childhood friend of mine from Alabama if you did do you have any stories of the match thanks