My 2 cents on aiming systems

phreaticus

Of course that was the comparison. It wasn’t a stretch to see that. And I’m not surprised by your reply.
He nuked my posts just because I called you & Spiderwuss wonder-twins & posted some silly gifs. Just how much censoring do you ladies require to get through a day without having an emotional meltdown?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course that was the comparison. It wasn’t a stretch to see that. And I’m not surprised by your reply.
Mike - this is as good a place as any to air this out. For YEARS now cookie thinks I know you from somewhere and that you give me special treatment because of that. I keep telling him I wouldn't know you if I tripped over you, but he can't give it up. He just called you dishonest by letting me slide when you shouldn't. Would you please straighten him out?

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The “we “ in your post was clearly referencing your side talking to the aiming system users or in your mind “ jhadists “. There’s no mistaking your intent and it was in severely bad taste. But you just make it worse by laughing off.
How does it even make sense that I would compare you to a jihadist? It makes NO SENSE. You don't seem to understand the concept of metaphor. When in the past have I ever called a CTE user a jihadist??? The analogy I used to use is that you are all cultists. That makes far more sense. I stopped doing that because we're not supposed to call each other names and I've tried to be more circumspect.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
With all due respect, I think cookie or whoever reported my post is trying to play gotcha. I didn't call ANY AIMING PEOPLE jihadists.
It was surely put out there to be interpreted in different ways and somewhat implied regarding a specific group who do AIM a certain way. A way you've bad mouthed for years without being able to duplicate at the table.
I picked what I believe to be the most extreme example of people who cannot be reasoned with (terrorists) and presented them as one to reason with. It's a parody and has nothing to do with the aiming people. It points out that the aiming and non aiming people are never going to agree, hence the wink.
These last two sentences contradict each other. First it has nothing to do with aiming people, then it points out that aiming and non aiming people are never going to agree. You can't have it both ways. We CAN read.
It's my fault. If I have to explain it then it wasn't a very good joke. Or, maybe it was a good joke told to the wrong audience.
Or maybe you don't care one way or the other. You said what you said and that's it.
Let me rephrase my original statement: Getting aimers and non aimers to agree is as likely as making cute fuzzy little puppies and kittens look ugly. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! ;)
It's not about aimers and non aimers. It's about HOW the aiming takes place and is done. Non aimers are beginner bangers because they don't know how to aim and what to look for.
Every pool player who plays regularly, AIMS either with the cue or linking the CB and OB together to make the OB go in a certain direction so it goes into a pocket.
Does that work for you, cookie?
Does that work for you, Danny?

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
He nuked my posts just because I called you & Spiderwuss wonder-twins & posted some silly gifs. Just how much censoring do you ladies require to get through a day without having an emotional meltdown?
Mike acted on his own. I don't know who you think you are but here you are doing it all over again. A real tough guy. If anyone should be banned, it would be you for thumbing your nose at Mike.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you crying right now. Sure seems like you are crying right now.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike - this is as good a place as any to air this out. For YEARS now cookie thinks I know you from somewhere and that you give me special treatment because of that. I keep telling him I wouldn't know you if I tripped over you, but he can't give it up. He just called you dishonest by letting me slide when you shouldn't. Would you please straighten him out?
Good try but I never said Mike was dishonest. I said I wasn’t surprised by his response. He’s taken that same road and let you guys get away with everything for a long time now. It’s why the aiming forum is a shit show and everyone knows it.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I nuked those posts because they were just more attempts to derail posts and turn them into arguments. It was just stirring the pot. Yes, it was just a little, but a little tends to turn into a lot around here pretty quickly.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Tough guy? Doing it again? Because I make fun of your & cookiemuffs never ending petulant, didactic gibberish?
It's called stalking! You're so brazen that you even admit to it with pride.
Yes, definitely censor, ban - do whatever is necessary to protect the safety & sanctity of this here congenial aiming thread. I’m such a disruptive, disrespectful bully.
There are far better names that would apply.
As far as I’m concerned, every post you clowns offer up is an offensive waste of human energy & time, and a collective dark stain on the aiming forum - but I’m not whining about it.
Did you ever consider not coming into the aiming forum to save all the angst? Not that bright, huh? Yes, you are a stalker and trying to create a SHIT SHOW every chance you can get. You're successful at that!

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Good try but I never said Mike was dishonest. I said I wasn’t surprised by his response. He’s taken that same road and let you guys get away with everything for a long time now. It’s why the aiming forum is a shit show and everyone knows it.
You have your opinion on how things should be moderated, and I have mine.

Let's agree to disagree.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best thoughtful and on the money post ever about HAMB.
I didn't think I said anything particularly notable, but I'll take it.

Nobody does ignore the pocket. I think you misunderstood what that means.
Nope, don't even go there.

As a long time player which you are and I am, if all that you see is the CB/OB orientation on the table and the distance between them along with other pockets, you know where the target pocket is. And yes, it could be blocked by a screen.
I made a curtain video of my own to show that using a curtain does not necessarily validate any particular aiming system. Long time users know pretty much where the pocket is. CTEers mocked and chided, and intentionally misrepresented that video, but I'm glad at least one of you has come around to a more reasonable position.

Many times, there's more than one option for pocketing the OB to get better position for running the table by getting proper angles so the easiest shot might not be the way to go for one ball in order to get to all balls.

Once you see the layout of the CB/OB to the desired pocket, focus is no longer on the pocket. It's only on the CB, the OB and the tip of the cue. The pocket doesn't have to be double checked, triple checked, or quadruple checked with alignment. But I also know that's not how many players see it, learned to see it, or are willing to change seeing it that way. Not that it doesn't work effectively, but just different and another way.
I agree that the pocket is not important once the aiming decision has been made. It's about execution of the shot at that point.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I made a curtain video of my own to show that using a curtain does not necessarily validate any particular aiming system. Long time users know pretty much where the pocket is. CTEers mocked and chided, and intentionally misrepresented that video, but I'm glad at least one of you has come around to a more reasonable position.
The difference still is how the two balls are aligned to each other. The anti-CTEers (you for one) continue to claim it can't possibly work as stated.
I agree that the pocket is not important once the aiming decision has been made. It's about execution of the shot at that point.
The aiming method has always been the sticking point and controversy. Why? Because Hal Houle and Stan Shuffett created them, and it was jumped on since day one of Hal posting it on RSB and never let up for 25 years. Will it all end tomorrow...next week...next month...next year...next decade? Hell NO! Not until the main perpetrator and a few minions' croak. It could be
reaching that point though with age.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
@phreaticus will be missed here in the aiming forum.
i hope i dont get banned for this
azhousepro
you must understand for the guys that havent argued over the same thing for 25 years
we find the banter amusing
and occasionally from time time enter in
speaking for myself and maybe phreaticus
for amusement
although me personally have tried many times to get a peace accord with no success
you banning phreaticus who has only had a few posts and maybe provocative
is nothing like what goes on between dan white/patrick johnson/ cookie man/and spidey
yet you let them do the same sh*t to each other all the time
if you want the aiming section to be an educational part of your site
you need to stop them from interacting
its the same crap over and over
and does not teach anyone a thing
jmho
icbw
and i hope you take this as a constructive post and not an attack