My fargo rate is not accurate

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At derby city 9ball I beat orcollo 9-6, melling 9-8 and Bergman 9-8. These matches were on video. But because the tournament director didn’t take match scores the scores will not be used towards Fargo Ratings. But meanwhile a shit tournament in my hometown played on gaffed up buckets (one match on a Robertson and the next match on a gold crown) will be used towards Fargo. This is a joke.

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WHY NOT USE THE SCORES from these matches. They are on video which is better than word of mouth!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WHY NOT USE THE SCORES from these matches. They are on video which is better than word of mouth!

Won't that fall on the tournament director to report the scores? And for an event like DCC it is a bit odd that the matches are not recorded in Fargo.

Besides, your ratings looks about inline with others in your skill range, a match here or there will not affect your score much.

And there is a Donnie Mills that is 200 points lower LOL

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
You seem to make a good point. As long as the match results are verifiable, I would think that the results should be able to be used. But I don't know what the "official" rule for where the results need to come from are.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At derby city 9ball I beat orcollo 9-6, melling 9-8 and Bergman 9-8. These matches were on video. But because the tournament director didn’t take match scores the scores will not be used towards Fargo Ratings. But meanwhile a shit tournament in my hometown played on gaffed up buckets (one match on a Robertson and the next match on a gold crown) will be used towards Fargo. This is a joke.

Donny, your Fargo is 747 with almost 2,000 games in the system. Even if these games are added, I doubt you go up more than 1 or 2 points. But I do see your point. The tournament director should have all the games from the DCC added. It's a big, once a year tourney.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Hey buddy, if you need some lessons let me know. We'll get that fargo rating up.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Donny don't feel bad...

I've beaten Rodrigo Geronimo 7-5, Gone hill-hill with Ernesto Dominguez and Rueben Bautista and beaten other players ranked above 730.

None of those counted towards my fargo.

My fargo is like 560 currently...lol..

If anyone thinks that's accurate, they haven't played me...

Jaden

p.s. granted it still doesn't have a robust rating, but it's still inaccurate.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
If the derby results were not included in Fargo rate, then it is indeed a shame. I'm pretty sure that more recent matches weigh more heavily in the system than old matches, so these new DCC results really should be included.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I've beaten Rodrigo Geronimo 7-5, Gone hill-hill with Ernesto Dominguez and Rueben Bautista and beaten other players ranked above 730.

None of those counted towards my fargo.

My fargo is like 560 currently...lol..

If anyone thinks that's accurate, they haven't played me...

Jaden

p.s. granted it still doesn't have a robust rating, but it's still inaccurate.

If you haven't logged 300 games in the system, then the rating is known not to be accurate. Are you saying that you are a pro ranked player, implying a Fargo rating of 730 or north of that? Just curious. Forgive me, I don't know of the players you mentioned, but I see that Fargo rates the top 100 starting at 759

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beat some of the best players, tied for 5th and no Fargo credit.
Do they pick and chose who gets rated. Sounds like a flaw.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is what I wrote on facebook concerning the issue

What is the deal when we know some but not all match scores? This is subtle, but I think people who work with statistics will understand the problem. Suppose a tournament doesn't record match scores for the first half of a tournament and then starts recording them. Is it OK for us to enter half a tournament? Yes, it is OK in this situation because there is no sampling bias. The process for us getting data has nothing to do with the content of the data.

Here is another situation. Match scores are not generally recorded or we don't get them. But a player brings us his match scores after the fact. To make it simple, let's suppose those match scores are verified by video and there is no question about their accuracy. Is this OK to enter? No it is not. Such data comes tainted with a point of view. There is a bias filter even if the person reporting is on the up and up and has the best of intentions. In this particular case, with Donny beating Orcullo 9 - 6, Donny is more likely to have contacted us after the event with that result than if Donny had lost 6 - 9. This is no criticism. It is just that Donny is more likely to be compelled to contact us with one result than another. Had Donny contacted me at the start of his match and said, "this is on video. Can the result go in?" The answer --aside from practical concerns about our time with requests like this--is yes.

Basically we need to decide whether data does in before the results are known to the decision makers--us and those reporting the data.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
If you haven't logged 300 games in the system, then the rating is known not to be accurate. Are you saying that you are a pro ranked player, implying a Fargo rating of 730 or north of that? Just curious. Forgive me, I don't know of the players you mentioned, but I see that Fargo rates the top 100 starting at 759

Edgie Geronimo is a 763 last I checked. What are the odds of a sub 600 beating him 7 to 5?

I'm not implying anything other than that my Fargo rating as it stands is not accurate or even close to accurate. In competition I'm probably high 6s to low 7s.

Jaden

OK he's currently 98th in the world at 760

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Edgie Geronimo is a 763 last I checked. What are the odds of a sub 600 beating him 7 to 5?

Jaden

If you had to take your best guess, what would you say your true Fargo rating would be?