After seeing the two butt repairs I did on my cues, I had a couple people ask me to do something similar to their cues.
The first was an Adam cue that had a cracked butt and an odd pine extension added on. View attachment 694078
The original rings were cracked and unsalvageable. After turning down the butt to a tenon I saw that the crack made it all the way though. I filled in the crack with Gorilla glue. I wanted the design to be simple like the original. I decided to have similar thick rings, but I would use the phenolic material for the ring and have one on each end to hopefully help support and contain the crack from widening. The back ring also had a flange to support the original butt plate. The butt sleeve is Yucatán Rosewood and I finished it off with some accent rings.
View attachment 694082
The cue has sentimental value so he is very happy it has new extended life.
View attachment 694083
I’ll make another post for the other cue.