My friend, road partner and brother is gone

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I lost a brother about ten years ago and not a day goes by that I don't think of him. I can feel your pain, it doesn't go away but it does get easier. Remember all the good times and know that he would want you to.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry for your loss, Alf.

After reading your book I feel I know you a little bit more than just an internet acquaintance now. My deepest condolences to you, your entire family and friends. RIP Jack.

Dave

jonesy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for your loss Alfie. RIP Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jack would have liked that, he always seemed happy when others were smiling

I appreciated the call, Alfie, it's always good to hear from you, although this news was not pleasant. The last time Jack was in Dallas we toured around and reminisced about the "road days," with JR, yourself, and many others in our mutual circle.

Jack actually left a pair of reading glasses in my car and when I called him about them he simply said "hold on to em tell you see me again, cuz I won't be able to see you without em"....we both got a laugh out of that - Jack always had a way with words, wit and wisdom.

I did hold on to those glasses for him and occasionally I'd see them in my drawer and pull them out and smile. I think Jack would have liked that, he always seemed happiest when others were smiling around him......this is how I will cherish Jack's memory, with a smile.

RIP Jack Taylor - thanks for your wit, wisdom and stories, they will be remembered.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear this news Alfie. Jack's reputation went far and wide. I think everyone in gambling circles knew about Jack Taylor. The story on him was that he was a good gambler and no one to mess with either. I'm sure you know all about that.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In case anyone is naive enough, not to takes Alfies word..Jack's exploits and adventures, are very easily verified !

SJD..Try me, for one...There are many, many more ! :cool:

Last edited: