Name the New Club and Win a Cue

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Snooki Poo' Sports Bar and Billiard Club"

Snooki = snooker
Poo' = pool

"Snooki Poo" is a classic pet name for one's significant other... I think it will appeal to females, and the females, in turn, will appeal to men.

The name "Snooki" also has crossover appeal for the reality TV viewer, more specifically, the MTV reality TV viewer, who tends to be around college-age.

Last edited:

pooljockey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blue jays sports club
Blue jays billiards
Blue jays brews and sports
Blue jays billiards and suds
Blue jays billiards club

Wags

2 pocket-one pocket table
Silver Member
There used to be a Coliseum here in Mpls. I was sorely dissappointed the 1st time I went in. It was not a big place, nor grandiose and did not have more than 20 tables. I kind of felt like it was false advertising, especially when there are rooms here that have 40+ and 60+ tables. So for me, the unwritten rule for That name is a minimum of 40 tables or 18,000 sq. feet. (Said with tongue in cheek) Good luck on the new room.
:)

Thanks a bunch Mark! Figured the only way I'd have a shot of getting you up here would be if I opened a nice club and gave you a reason to fly up. I sure hope you are well my friend. It upset me to see you were having health issues when I saw you at the Mosconi Cup and I truly miss not being able to see you as much as I did when I lived there. Get healthy Mark, the sport needs you actively involved.

Anyway I wanted to throw a quick update in to where we stand with the name the club contest. Apparently the best so far has come on the last page to date. Paul Schofield, who knows a bit about nice venues, has really gotten our attention with "The Coliseum" My partner and I just talked and we both agree this is a very marketable and identifying name for a venue.
So "The Coliseum" has jumped to the top of the list. Thank you Paul!
Still a day remaining and we waited this long for a leader so whose to say we may not get another eye opener at the 11th hour.

Freezing rain on its way for the Toronto area tonight and tomorrow so I have a feeling its going to be a few glasses of wine, a movie or two with my wife and the kids and an early night.

God Bless!

JW

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
"The Coliseum" takes you back to Rome and the gladiators.... But in modern times most cities have a civic coliseum and sell the naming rights to the highest bidder... Most of the sports fans will continue to talk about "the coliseum" even tho they change the name from time to time... Currently you have the Ricoh coliseum but Ricoh is commonly not used unless you are a sports commentator Jim =P All the kids already go to "the coliseum" to watch hockey....

Coliseum Billiards may be preferred to "The Coliseum" for the aforementioned reasoning... The closest thing I can come up with with the connotations of "The Coliseum" if you are looking for a single word name which is always a plus would be "The Gauntlet"....

Chris

Ohhh if you do go with "The Coliseum" I think the waitress staff in Togas is a no brainer.... And Saturday nights can be toga party night while school is in session.... Now about me moving up there to manage the place...... LOL

Chris

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
If they have higher end food.. I'd call the place "Scratch" Pool, Golf, Fresh food... the ad writes itself...

cashin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Entrepreneur Cue Sports Arena

Young Gun's & Old Times Cue Sports

New Breed's Cue Sports

Last edited: