New Gold Crown VI

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Word on the streets is superspeed quality has returned.

I have yet to play on a GCV....I’ll give it a try.
We have some GCIs in our room...the tables are maybe a half to three quarters of a
length slower but still very playable....with the original rubber.

We tightened one of them up to 4.5 with rebuilt rails and new Superspeed.....
...we’re on our third set of rubber in ten years...:angry:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
But Diamond introduced the biggest bug, when they put a carom cushion on a pool table. 30 years later, its still not right. They should have copied the GC cushion rubber material, angles, and wood rail angles, exactly. End rant.

30 years later???...Diamond started in 1988, and not with a carom cushion....get your facts straight!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I like to keep you on your toes:)

Diamond rail reaction is wrong. Both red and blue labels. See you on the next thread. Carry on:)

You're entitled to your opinion, and your opinion don't mean nothing to the public who's opening their wallets and buying Diamond tables all over the world,so why don't you stop running your mouth, and show Diamond how to build better pool tables by building your own line of tables and challenging them in sales!!!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just wondering, you think Brunswick installed their shitty Superspeed cushions on that GCVI....knowing the know-it-alls would be knocking their new GC?

Now, glen...you know nobody could touch brunswick in that market segment, so the r&d minds didn't give it a third thought.

Then came diamond and a big ***** slap.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Now, glen...you know nobody could touch brunswick in that market segment, so the r&d minds didn't give it a third thought.

Then came diamond and a big ***** slap.

I just know that if i were thinking about buying a new GC, i might have second thoughts about that after hearing all these experts talking about Superspeed cushions going bad within the first 3 years, that might be enough to make me consider buying a Diamond instead right there:eek:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have yet to play on a GCV....I’ll give it a try.
We have some GCIs in our room...the tables are maybe a half to three quarters of a
length slower but still very playable....with the original rubber

We tightened one of them up to 4.5 with rebuilt rails and new Superspeed.....
...we’re on our third set of rubber in ten years...:angry:

What would you consider normal out of curiosity? I have a GCI but I dont have another around for comparisons sake. There are a couple 9' Diamonds around that play about the same as mine, maybe a touch slower. My GCI is going 4 3/4- 5 lengths not clobbering the ball as hard as I can ( which isnt very hard anyway, I can only break 21-22MPH on my RADAR).

I kinda like the look of the GCVI, it still has the Art Deco styling, I would probably like it in gloss black better than wood grain though. The wood grain seems almost grayish in tint instead of a nice rick darker dark wood grain look. I think my favorite table color is the 7' Diamond barboxes in Rosewood? Dymondwood.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
What would you consider normal out of curiosity? I have a GCI but I dont have another around for comparisons sake. There are a couple 9' Diamonds around that play about the same as mine, maybe a touch slower. My GCI is going 4 3/4- 5 lengths not clobbering the ball as hard as I can ( which isnt very hard anyway, I can only break 21-22MPH on my RADAR).

I kinda like the look of the GCVI, it still has the Art Deco styling, I would probably like it in gloss black better than wood grain though. The wood grain seems almost grayish in tint instead of a nice rick darker dark wood grain look. I think my favorite table color is the 7' Diamond barboxes in Rosewood? Dymondwood.

I throw the ball backhand....about the same speed as I can lag it.
Around five lengths is normal to me....although I prefer a little slower.
A couple of our GCIs are 4.25 lengths.

We have some Diamondwood 7 and 9 footers...I like them the best....
....they look good....and solid as hell

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Bca expo

I saw this table in person at the BCA Expo in Las Vegas this past summer. I tried to take a picture but was told not to. There was a Chinese company there and I guess they were not ready to have it duplicated. I am a huge fan of Gold Crowns in general. This table I did not like the leg design. They look funny in my opinion. The table was covered so I only saw parts of it. The rails appeared to be similar to the V. I wish them the best with the VI,:thumbup: But I would rather have me a restored older Crown!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just know that if i were thinking about buying a new GC, i might have second thoughts about that after hearing all these experts talking about Superspeed cushions going bad within the first 3 years, that might be enough to make me consider buying a Diamond instead right there:eek:

I usually stop thinking after I compare their prices.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish they'd use GC5 guts and bring back the Centennial and the Anniversary style. Give people the choice of modern/current or retro. Never happen but a modern old-school looking table would sell based on what i read here.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I am excited about this new GC! I dont think it will sell well, but, it aint like Brunswick needs the money right? The GC5 did not do great numbers, maybe they might be trying to stir up the business, who knows??!!]

Trent

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I wish they'd use GC5 guts and bring back the Centennial and the Anniversary style. Give people the choice of modern/current or retro. Never happen but a modern old-school looking table would sell based on what i read here.

I’m also in for this...especially the Anniversary.
...but take away the knuckle-skinning accessories.....
....Diamond showed the way on that one.