New Gold Crown VI

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am excited about this new GC! I dont think it will sell well, but, it aint like Brunswick needs the money right? The GC5 did not do great numbers, maybe they might be trying to stir up the business, who knows??!!]

Trent
Coming off that 10grand retail price would be a good place to start.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I agree.

Mid century modern is very popular right now. They could have taken some chances are really made a beautiful table.

Completely agree with this and agree with those that said they should have taken inspiration from the anniversary and centennial tables, both great looking tables for sure.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once more for those that don't know; the billiards division of Brunswick is only an ode to years gone by. It's just for heritage or whatever you would like to call it. Brunswick is a marine ( boat ) company . Their portfolio of brands is most impressive, with their boats and motors selling for outrageous prices. I'm just shooting off the cuff without looking anything up but I'd bet their average unit price is at least $250,000. I do know they basically start around $100,000, going into the millions and their market share is impressive to say the least.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Once more for those that don't know; the billiards division of Brunswick is only an ode to years gone by. It's just for heritage or whatever you would like to call it. Brunswick is a marine ( boat ) company . Their portfolio of brands is most impressive, with their boats and motors selling for outrageous prices. I'm just shooting off the cuff without looking anything up but I'd bet their average unit price is at least $250,000. I do know they basically start around $100,000, going into the millions and their market share is impressive to say the least.

You're kind of right, but way off on the number $$$$ where Brunswick makes there money in the boating industry. Sea Ray Boston Whaler Bayliner Hatteras, are nust a few big name boats they build and sell, Mercury Marine is another manufacturing company they own, as well as Lund boats sold all ober the country through outlets like Dicks, Cabela's, and Bass Pro Shops.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ever seen the camouflage netting that the Army Airforce and Marines use to disperse radar detection? Brunswick makes and sells that to the military service as well.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
But Diamond introduced the biggest bug, when they put a carom cushion on a pool table. 30 years later, its still not right. They should have copied the GC cushion rubber material, angles, and wood rail angles, exactly. End rant.

Actually, they did come with Superspeed first ( I was told ). Then those Superspeed went bad. Went with Championship. Then Artemis.

Whoever makes the Olhausen rubber should make rubber in the K55 profile imo.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did we decide that this is indeed the new gold crown?

The legs look like the same shape

I hope this works out to be a big winner for brunswick

I personally prefer Brunswick

All of the talk about problems has me confused

I thought the only problem was the new rubber was about 1/8 of an inch
difference
something the Cobra and Mark Gregory could fix in the sub rail

then again ,i really don't know

Here is the flyer that was passed on to me. The differences I see are obviously the legs which I am not a huge fan of styling wise and the tear drop pocket castings.

9e751d0a2ab81323bf49d08cc4c1d4e4.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Personally I still think the V is a better looking table. They are both available in roll down models

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
The GC6 looks good to me.
I like the throwback accents.
I agree Diamond makes a better table, and when they make one with rails that rebound the ball off the cushions at the same degree as they go in, I'll probably buy one.
I'd rather change the rubber every three years on rails that play correctly than to have rails that play short but last a lifetime.
Just my preference.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP link does not work for me, and searching for the match on youtube I'm only finding 2016 matches. Does anyone have a working link to see the new table? That brunswick flyer you can't make out any details, imo.

Thank you.

The OP link does not work for me, and searching for the match on youtube I'm only finding 2016 matches. Does anyone have a working link to see the new table? That brunswick flyer you can't make out any details, imo.

Thank you.

The flyer is the only thing I have. I have also tried the link and it doesn’t work. I even tried searching you tube. Nothing. So this is pretty much all the info I can come across.

The GC6 looks good to me.
I like the throwback accents.
I agree Diamond makes a better table, and when they make one with rails that rebound the ball off the cushions at the same degree as they go in, I'll probably buy one.
I'd rather change the rubber every three years on rails that play correctly than to have rails that play short but last a lifetime.
Just my preference.

Brunswick GC tables are the best made and playing table today.....none other come close.
The Brunswick super speed cushions have not gone bad in yrs....I have not seen a set of Brunswick cushions go bad...and I do rails every week with them.
The Diamond black cushion goes bad but no one says anything about that.....I just changed 5 sets that had crumbled.
Diamond tables are plywood....how on earth could that be made better....than a hardwood blocked.

There's no better made table than a GC 5.........Brunswick has not sent me a GC 6 yet....but I'm looking to have one sent to me so we can set it up at my house and judge the table.
I don't think there's was any table better than the GC5......and not because I had a lot of my design in the table.....play on one set up correctly and you'll see for yourself.

Mark Gregory