u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
There has been a lot of posts from years ago bumped by people who join in whatever month we happen to be in.

Most recently a post about Shane from FL, bumped by someone with 2 posts joining in Oct 2020.

Are they banned people, bots, other?

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
There has been a lot of posts from years ago bumped by people who join in whatever month we happen to be in.

Most recently a post about Shane from FL, bumped by someone with 2 posts joining in Oct 2020.

Was a member doing it, and then deleting their comments last year. Don’t think you can do it anymore.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this is an issue and the admins do not like it they can make it so after a month of no new posts the threads get locked. Not sure why this is an issue. So what if people post on old threads. If I click on an old thread and start reading then I look at the date I stop.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just new people that don't know how to use the internet well. They likely do a web search, click on a link and make an account to post something without checking the dates.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like to see some old posts being resurrected.
Justin Collett said AZ will become the Wikipedia of billiards...
...old posts are great assets

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
I recently ran into an old thread that contained some old publications by Paradise describing how to construct cues. I went back later to bump it, but could not find it. Anyone?

The information to be found in old threads is incredible. This type of material should be archived separately by AZB.

Search "Help Identify" and 1000s of mystery cue posts are found (A total of 1000 pages of results but a lot of NPR, etc., mixed in.)

bb9ball

Registered

I'm with you. I particularly like the old threads with knowledge and stories from members who are no longer around to share that information with those of us who weren't here the first time around. And, even if we have seen or heard it before, sometimes it's nice to bring back a memory of an old friend.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
gold

I recently ran into an old thread that contained some old publications by Paradise describing how to construct cues. I went back later to bump it, but could not find it. Anyone?

The information to be found in old threads is incredible. This type of material should be archived separately by AZB.

Search "Help Identify" and 1000s of mystery cue posts are found (A total of 1000 pages of results but a lot of NPR, etc., mixed in.)

Some of the older stuff or archived stuff needs a gold membership to see. I don't know if this does or not.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/threadloom.php

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Some people snivel 'cuz newbs don't search before posting. Others whimper because they do.

Pass out the band-aids. The big ones with the wings.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoy many older threads.

As long as the main page isn’t cluttered, then no issue.

I’d rather get rid of pinned threads.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree.

If the subject of the post is interesting and still relavent, what's the problem?

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know but it took me about 5 years to learn, to look at the original post date, before I answer threads any more.
Man I'm thick.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree.

If the subject of the post is interesting and still relavent, what's the problem?
I agree, I don’t understand the problem. Sometimes I’ll do a search for a topic and then I may provide an updated opinion/information on this topic/thread. Personally, I feel that’s a better option than to restart a new thread with a topic that has already been covered on here way too many times before.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
New threads with old ideas are still old.

Sent from the future.

Socrates showed a shepherd boy how to make a square one half the size of another one...
...that was many centuries ago...but it still works

F32D3A8F-A2D1-440A-92D1-77287243DD79.png

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I bump an old thread I get bashed by a few people on here. That crap is old. I mean its WAY old.

Glad to see there are others that understand about bumping old threads.

r/DCP