In no particular order.
Kerry Zeiler
Chad McLennan
Brent Hartman

Juda4936

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan Dishaw

Dan is one of the nicest guys I've ever talked to not only including cue makers. As a cue maker he is very easy to work with and knows his stuff.
I never waited more then 12 hour to heard from him even if I wrote or left him a message on sat.

Eric Crisp, I tried to get on the list and I hope to get on it someday, he is too far out to add any more to his list (I like that), very nice guy and a great cue maker

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
Joe Blackburn

billiardshot said:
I think probably the one person we would all agree on is Joe Blackburn. Oh wait he a Cue Repairman. But haven't he made a few cue?

Joe rolled out an ebony break cue that was gorgeous at the Derby. He was not pushing the cue, but offered it when I asked about his work. Really clean. He might let you think he is a repair man but be assured, he can build a beautiful cue. And he definitely belongs in the nice guy category...thanks for the reminder

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Webb
Eric Crisp
Tony Zinzola
Joey Bautista
Richard Harris
Dustin Cookson
In no particular order and im sure i have left some out, but its early.............:)

Dak21st

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Class acts; Searing,Showman,Haley,Olney & Tascarella.These gentlemen have been very nice and curteous to deal with and are great people who happen to be cuemakers.They all have treated me with the upmost respect and in return have earned mine.True class all of them.

coastydad

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nicest Cuemaker

Without a doubt Skip Weston! A very underrated cumaker, and a great guy. I'm proud to call him not only my favorite cuemaker, but also, a friend. Running a close second would be Jerry Franklin, god rest his soul, a very nice man, showed me around his shop and was very open about how he constructed his cues. Laurie Franklin is also a saint.

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
My list: Jackson Tan of Viattorre, Eric Crips (qbilder), Dave Albrecht (nbll01), Greg Sirca (GSirca), Hadjimar Baldeviso (Hadj), Edwin Reyes (Bandido), Kelly Peterson (Kelly_Guy), Chris Abaya (EPT: Admin), Kevin Varney (Varney), Masonh (my apologies as I haven't got your name) and Joey Bautista (JoeyInCali) in no particular order.

All are great to deal with. Most where ironed out (specs and price) in an hour or 2 via PMs and emails.

All I need to do now is wait with patience and save money to pay for them. :)

Smoknum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a custom made by Bob Dzuricky from DZ cues. I must have changed my mind 6 times throughout the process and never one complaint. One of the most down to earth guys I have ever dealt with. First class all the way.

Chuck

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
I'll Be The Glass Half Empty Guy.....

Isn't It Part Of Their Job To Be Nice?

I'm Not Trying To Be A Jerk, But If I Make My Living Selling My Wares, I'm Gonna Be Damn Sure I'm Nice To People.

itmc80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
I'll Be The Glass Half Empty Guy.....

Isn't It Part Of Their Job To Be Nice?

I'm Not Trying To Be A Jerk, But If I Make My Living Selling My Wares, I'm Gonna Be Damn Sure I'm Nice To People.

I agree with you Marcus that it is part of their job to be nice to people especially when they are making something for you, but after the deal is done and are still in contact with them about what is going on I think that you get more of a sense of them as a person and not just a cue maker.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jimmyrayk said:
Thanks for posting this positive thread.

I have so many names in mind, I wouldn't know where to start. I won't make a list because I don't want to leave anybody off.

The thing that I have found is when you call, treat them with the utmost respect and 99% of the time they will do the same. Call and act like a nit and you'll get what you deserve.

Jimmy
Very-well stated!

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I think all cuemakers tend to be decent. We all have our little quirks. But the busy guys that are trying to get work done, I am sure don't appreciate the customers that call 10 times a week. Also if your time zone deficient and your in NY and you call Zyler at 8:00 AM your time, you might be getting a 6 piece cue in the mail. I cannot list the number of cuemakers that I feel comfortable with because the list is to great.

JV (--- you can set 10000 tiles straight, the one tile that is crooked is the one that sticks out...

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
cue makers

Chris Hightower ,Kevin Varney ,and Kevin Wright
I have had a few Hightower cues and they hit great and look sharp !!
Varney was really great to deal with and always answered my questions
and set me up with a curley maple shaft as a bonus.
Kevin Wright (hope I got hist last name right) does all the work on
my shafts and tips here in Marietta and everytime I get him to clean
or resize a shaft it comes back as smooth as silk .He is the cue man
at the Marietta Billiards Club here in georgia and makes cues as well.
All three of these guys are a pleasure to know and are masters at there
craft .Believe me I have called some cue makers on the phone and they
were so hard to talk to I wanted to hang up after about 30 seconds
and have met some that seem to live in ivory towers instead of being
down to earth :D Thanks for all the great cues

Last edited:

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jerry Rauenzahn.

The man has awesome talent and can pretty much do anything with his experience, craftsmanship, and wisdom. I respect the man. I also trust him. He's the kind of guy you would want as a neighbor. He'll look out for you and make sure everything is right.

John