Niel's vs SVB Race to 100?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The race to 100 match is a dinosaur in our sport, nearing extinction.

I'd be happy if it disappeared altogether. If Shane and Niels play a race to 100, I probably wouldn't watch.

When titles aren't on the line, it's far less interesting and amounts to an exhibition. Greatness is measured in titles.

UpMySleeves

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a correction, 2014 Bigfoot, Shane defeated Neils in the final 11-7

The Video I posted clearly reads: Shane Van Boening vs Niels Feijen Bigfoot 10-Ball 2013 Derby City Classic

Are you saying they made a rematch this year and Shane won? That's cool, so I guess it's 1-1. Is there any video of this years match? I'm always looking for cool matches to view on youtube.

I watched the video I posted until the end and the score seems 11-8 for Neils. Anyways, who cares lol

bounoun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+++1

What an insult to the newly crowned world 9 ball champion.

+++++

Couldn't agree more. Niels was dedicated the whole tournament. Had some struggles but never gave up.

A true dutch champion, one to be proud of.

niels-feijen-header_1a666k7i9c4mo1litd10zipes7.jpg

Such a shame people always must say something negative after a great win. Who cares about races to a hunderd ? Niels beat top players and won the tournament. Ignoring the shane fanboys he has nothing to prove to anyone.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
PS: Playing 10 ball winner breaks.

PS: Shane wins.

Neils cannot break well enough to win that match.

There are about 3 guys on the planet who break well enough AND shoot well enough that they might have a chance. Ko Pin Yi, Wu Chia Ching, and Bustamante who beat SVB in TAR 24 playing race to 25 winner breaks 10-ball. Archer also beat SVB in TAR 26, same format but I do not think he could get there anymore as SVB has gotten stronger and Archer has all but quit playing pool it would seem. Busta is also probably getting too old now to have as much of a chance, but it is not SVB getting better that makes Busta the underdog, Busta circa 2003-2006 would be even money at the worst against SVB of today.

There are guys that "shoot" better then SVB like Alex, Dennis, and a few others, but those guys cannot win in winner breaks long 10-ball sets against SVB as they simply cannot put up the packages SVB can due to dry breaks. Neils probably shoots better then SVB as well (although I would give SVB a slight edge on safety play and kicking) but he cannot win a race to 100 in 10-ball against SVB because he would get packaged to death.

RioSevario

Rivers
Silver Member
Why not make it a real match and play 8-ball race to 21, 9-ball Race to 21, 10-ball race to 21, Straight pool race to 400, and One pocket Race to 7. Determine who is the best pool player, not just the best 10-ball long distance player.

sonnymanila

Registered
Congratz Niels.

I sure hope this madness will stop. SVB nuthuggers should stop bragging about race to 100 and SVB-hasnt-won-a-world-championship should stop he can't win outside the US soil. You guys are not giving respect to tournament champions. Everybody wants to win one. It's a legacy thing.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With Shane having the world's greatest break, you'd think he wouldn't struggle so much with the alternate break format.

After all, he gets to put that skill to use every other rack.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about playing 10 ball race to 100 and 14-1 race to 1500? Why play Shane's favorite game and not Niel's ?
Or Shane plays Li He Wen or Gareth Potts chinese 8-ball.
Or plays the russian guy ( forgot his name lol) some Russian Pyramid ?
Or plays Alex or Chris some snooker ?
Or plays me badminton ? I gonna bet whatever he wants lol.

Give those champions some credits, Shane is just one of them.

Gosh I love that post and boy I love this thread "as an American and a fan of Shane" (because they seem to think that anyone who says Shane is not Zeus must but from some other country)

I will agree with them on one thing though and that's that this should really all stop, they insist on only viewing things one way and taking every comment super personal. I don't think a single person said that they flat out don't like Shane or don't think he's a skilled player but I'll be dame if they heard anything else.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+++++

Couldn't agree more. Niels was dedicated the whole tournament. Had some struggles but never gave up.

A true dutch champion, one to be proud of.

niels-feijen-header_1a666k7i9c4mo1litd10zipes7.jpg

Such a shame people always must say something negative after a great win. Who cares about races to a hunderd ? Niels beat top players and won the tournament. Ignoring the shane fanboys he has nothing to prove to anyone.

Did I miss something here? Who posted something negative? I read the OP as saying that Niels would (or could) beat SVB in the race to 100. It seems to me that would be paying the man a compliment. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think this is disrespectful to Niels at all, actually the opposite. Neils is a proven mega monster.... and that's what we do with the worlds best (put 'em head to head.) The way I see it is that he has earned the right to be put in the box with SVB. You can call me an SVB nuthugger if you want but Shane is the king of the hill & the nature of our game is to knock him off. And if you don't think he is you're living in denial.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Did I miss something here? Who posted something negative? I read the OP as saying that Niels would (or could) beat SVB in the race to 100. It seems to me that would be paying the man a compliment. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you. Johnnyt

playdoubles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Long races...

I know I'm jumping on "the next big thing" (after Niels just won world) but I believe if they played right now SVB would have all he could handle and maybe more. Johnnyt

PS: Playing 10 ball winner breaks.

... these discussions with all ifs and whens - puh!

Why don't you think about a race to 1000 straight pool...
... what would Niels do with Shane?!

Shane (I love his game) is definitely one of the few best players on the planet, but Niels came out the best one THIS WEEK. So he deserves it!

jaycast16

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sound like bitter after Shane not winning the world again.well i guess i have to get used to it.everytime shane lose someone will come up with some thread like this.i thought this is very disrespectful to whoever wins the world.and it becomes an insult if Shane wins the challenge.i also thought it is very disrespectful to Shane because someone has to make a game for him to prove he is better and belongs to worlds class.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a pointless thread.

He does that often.

Shane vs... Shane vs... Shane vs....
I don't care who plays who. Shane and Neil are both great players. Shane congratulated Neils on the win and on being ranked #1 in the world. That shows a lot from Shane, unlike most players that have fanboys. Neils, like Shane, is a great ambassador for the sport and he has no need to play a race to 100 so some old farts on AzB can argue.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Congrats to Niels. Well deserved tourney win.

Shane would destroy him in a lengthy 9 or 10 ball match though, race to 100 or best of 7, races to 25. Everyone knows this.

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to Niels. Well deserved tourney win.

Shane would destroy him in a lengthy 9 or 10 ball match though, race to 100 or best of 7, races to 25. Everyone knows this.

How about a marathon straight pool match instead of a marathon match consisting of short games of 9 ball where the break emphasized as much as the pool shooting itself?

Who would win then, and who would be the considered the better pool player?

Are people talking about who is the better pool player or the better 9 ball player?

I'm seriously asking.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
How about a marathon straight pool match instead of a marathon match consisting of short games of 9 ball where the break emphasized as much as the pool shooting itself?

Are people talking about who is the better pool player or the better 9 ball player?

I'm seriously asking.

I don't know about straight pool, I was only answering the OP's question about rotation games.

If you had them play a set of 9 ball, a set of 10 ball, a set of 8-ball, a set of one pocket, a set of banks, and a set of straight pool, Shane would come out on top for sure.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm seriously asking.

If Niels is only the favorite at straight pool, I think it's pretty clear who the better pool player is.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree that a long race in 14.1 would show who the better overall player is, instead of who has the best break wins.

mmktierney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Niels is a great player and has earned his titles. He's a fierce competitor in all games. He has little or no holes in his game. Like all players he does not always win. He has beaten and lost to Shane on the Bigfoot challenge table. They both have lost to lesser players. I am sure there would be no runaway for either player in long races in 9 or 10 ball. More likely a closer finish than most posters here are willing to accept. A professional better would shy away from this match altogether, I know I would ....they both play so good. I love watching Shane in long races..opps..ya another one who prefers gambling to tournaments. I don't think Niels is into gambling like Shane and most Pinoys, so this thread is just another one of those ..."Lets change it so it comes out my way" kind of threads. ..... "Niels; I watched it all, you played a near flawless match. You are a true champion"