Now I'm pissed

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Danny Harriman, front and center, young man. I just got the DVD in the mail, literally less than 2 minutes ago. Do you think it would have been too much trouble to have made a decent looking cover and label for this DVD? Look, I paid you 35.00 for your DVD and then you send a message after payment was sent requesting 6 bucks more to cover shipping. The shipping label that the post office puts on with the dollar amount for shipping says "$0.00" I highly doubt the post office charges money for shipping and then puts a label on saying it didn't cost anything.

I am extremely pissed off right now. Had this DVD looked like any effort had been taken to make the package reflect what was inside I wouldn't say anything. But this damn thing is just a flat out burned copy with a simple thank you hand written on the cover. I feel ripped off. $41.00 for this shit? You gotta be kidding me.

No, I haven't seen the video yet. That's not the point. The point is that you're charging 35.00 to take a burned DVD and toss it into an envelope and then mass mail it. I'm going to contact the post office and see exactly how much shipping was. If it was in fact "$0.00" you and I are going to have problems.

All of this could have been avoided if you had just taken 5 minutes on your computer to make a cover for the damn package.
MULLY
not a happy camper

Last edited:

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
And, for what it's worth, I didn't mind paying the extra 6 bucks for shipping since I'm overseas. I totally understood that and was more than willing to pay it. My entire problem with this is that no effort was taken to package this. The DVD doesn't even have anything written on it, it's just a plain white disc. I could lay it on my desk and it would get lost.

disc001zt5.jpg

disc002ef3.jpg

How many of you would pay $41.00 for this?
MULLY

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mullyman said:
And, for what it's worth, I didn't mind paying the extra 6 bucks for shipping since I'm overseas. I totally understood that and was more than willing to pay it. My entire problem with this is that no effort was taken to package this. The DVD doesn't even have anything written on it, it's just a plain white disc. I could lay it on my desk and it would get lost.

disc001zt5.jpg

disc002ef3.jpg

How many of you would pay $41.00 for this?
MULLY

let us know how the quality is!

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
mullyman said:
Danny Harriman, front and center, young man. I just got the DVD in the mail, literally less than 2 minutes ago. Do you think it would have been too much trouble to have made a decent looking cover and label for this DVD? Look, I paid you 35.00 for your DVD and then you actually had the nerve to send a message after payment was sent requesting 6 bucks more to cover shipping. The shipping label that the post office puts on with the dollar amount for shipping says "$0.00" I highly doubt the post office charges money for shipping and then puts a label on saying it didn't cost anything.

I am extremely pissed off right now. Had this DVD looked like any effort had been taken to make the package reflect what was inside I wouldn't say anything. But this damn thing is just a flat out burned copy with a simple thank you hand written on the cover. I feel ripped off. $41.00 for this shit? You gotta be kidding me.

No, I haven't seen the video yet. That's not the point. The point is that you're charging 35.00 to take a burned DVD and toss it into an envelope and then mass mail it. I'm going to contact the post office and see exactly how much shipping was. If it was in fact "$0.00" you and I are going to have problems.

All of this could have been avoided if you had just taken 5 minutes on your computer to make a cover for the damn package.
MULLY
not a happy camper

You are way out of line young man. :angry:

Why don't you just chase Danny off the forum with your bs, "mullyman"?

The effort was in the run and in him getting it produced. Nice intro. Broken down into chapters. The video itself is produced fairly well.

Who gives a **** what the label looks like? Labels are cheap.

It's the content that counts. Why don't you take a look at it?

All of what could have been avoided??
Your childish rant??

For what it's worth, I've watched about 9 racks in and it's very good.

JMO

Dennis

o2bacs

oh to be ACS
Silver Member
Hey no disrepect but I agree with Mully. If he was charging a lot less I would understand but come on, for that much he should have had a nicer presentation.

Title - Thank You

Date - Danny Harriman

Seriously that's pretty weak

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
dmgwalsh said:
You are way out of line young man. :angry:

Why don't you just chase Danny off the forum with your bs, "mullyman"?

The effort was in the run and in him getting it produced. Nice intro. Broken down into chapters. The video itself is produced fairly well.

Who gives a **** what the label looks like? Labels are cheap.

It's the content that counts. Why don't you take a look at it?

All of what could have been avoided??
Your childish rant??

For what it's worth, I've watched about 9 racks in and it's very good.

JMO

Dennis

Sorry we're going to have to disagree on this. I paid 41.00 and no effort was taken to even make a label for the disc. Sorry, I don't like things like that. It may not bother you but it bothers me a lot. And Danny isn't going to be run off this board because of me.
MULLY

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
o2bacs said:
Hey no disrepect but I agree with Mully. If he was charging a lot less I would understand but come on, for that much he should have had a nicer presentation.

Title - Thank You

Date - Danny Harriman

Exactly. If this was a 10 dollar disc I wouldn't say anything. John Schmidt didn't charge this much and his was done up to the teeth. And no, I don't think another hundred balls in the run deserves 15 more bucks.
MULLY

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Wow

o2bacs said:

Title - Thank You

Date - Danny Harriman

I agree that a little more effort would have avoided the dissatisfaction with the product. After having seen this product I am having second thoughts about my purchase.

Kevin

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he should take a look at john schmidts dvd granted it was a grainy label but at least its something that looks like there was some effort put in.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Mullyman, this post is totally out of line. Danny paid someone to edit and dub in the narration, and spent a lot of time doing this for all of us to enjoy and learn, he didn't have to do this at all. Most all these videos from the pros were taken on a home camera and then burned to disk one by one on a PC. You think for $35 you are getting a professional package too? Its the content that is important. The shipping is correct I am sure as I have mailed many things overseas and light items are always between 12 and 15 bucks when I mail something.

If anything, you could have talked to Danny about it and not start a rant about it.

Kev

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You paid your money for what's on that burnt DVD... not the stupid label. Danny is a pool player, not a production company--- he did this on his own.

Do you ACTUALLY believe it cost him $0 to ship that thing to Japan?

Dude, I can't even believe some of the shit I've been reading lately from this board.

Presentation!?!?! Jesus. Mully, I really try to like you and give you a chance, but you're a nit moron sometimes. Here you might have the highest run ever recorded on dvd and you post how you're "pissed" about the label.

moron.

poolfire

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sooo....

mullyman said:
Danny Harriman, front and center, young man. I just got the DVD in the mail, literally less than 2 minutes ago. Do you think it would have been too much trouble to have made a decent looking cover and label for this DVD? Look, I paid you 35.00 for your DVD and then you send a message after payment was sent requesting 6 bucks more to cover shipping. The shipping label that the post office puts on with the dollar amount for shipping says "$0.00" I highly doubt the post office charges money for shipping and then puts a label on saying it didn't cost anything.

MULLY
not a happy camper

you bought this for what? some stickers? who give a flying rats ass if the dvd has a nice looking sticker on it, hopefully you bought it for the straight pool not the package...please tell me your not that dumb.

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Here, this literally took me less than 5 minutes to make. It wouldn't have killed whoever put this package together to do something like this.
MULLY

harrimanvd6.jpg

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
SpiderWebComm said:
You paid your money for what's on that burnt DVD... not the stupid label. Danny is a pool player, not a production company--- he did this on his own.

Do you ACTUALLY believe it cost him $0 to ship that thing to Japan?

Dude, I can't even believe some of the shit I've been reading lately from this board.

Presentation!?!?! Jesus. Mully, I really try to like you and give you a chance, but you're a nit moron sometimes. Here you might have the highest run ever recorded on dvd and you post how you're "pissed" about the label.

moron.

Wow, calling me a moron is uncalled for.
MULLY

poolfire

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:crying: :crying: :crying:
mullyman said:
Here, this literally took me less than 5 minutes to make. It wouldn't have killed whoever put this package together to do something like this.
MULLY

harrimanvd6.jpg

:sad: :sad: :sad:

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mullyman said:
Sorry we're going to have to disagree on this. I paid 41.00 and no effort was taken to even make a label for the disc. Sorry, I don't like things like that. It may not bother you but it bothers me a lot. And Danny isn't going to be run off this board because of me.
MULLY

Any bright 10th grader with a LightScribe DVD burner can copy
your disk onto 99 cent blank media producing any label you can
dream up, but how many of them can run 280 balls with commentary?:)

Seriously guys. Perhaps Mr Harriman is not the speediest PC geek amongst us, but john schmidt seems to think the space bar is where they drank beer in star wars,
the enter key is what you use to unlock the door to your house,
and capitalization is something your accountant does with equipment investment.

But don't you just wish you had his stroke...

Dale

Last edited:

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
poolfire said:
you bought this for what? some stickers? who give a flying rats ass if the dvd has a nice looking sticker on it, hopefully you bought it for the straight pool not the package...please tell me your not that dumb.

I did buy it for the straight pool, just like everyone else. But 41 bucks for a burned disc? Man, you may have a lot of money to toss around but I work pretty hard for what I have.
MULLY

poolfire

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mullyman said:
I did buy it for the straight pool, just like everyone else. But 41 bucks for a burned disc? Man, you may have a lot of money to toss around but I work pretty hard for what I have.
MULLY

why did you buy it then.......does a package make the cd ? are you going to frame it? or watch it? and no i dont have lots of money to throw around, but if i bought a dvd about straight pool, i would not give a sh it about what stickers it had on it or if he wrote me a little note saying thanks...i bought it for one reason and one reason only,,,to learn... not to see if he put a scratch and sniff sticker on it...

Last edited:

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
poolfire said:
why did you buy it then.......does a package make the cd ? are you going to frame it? or watch it?

You know, even a simple white cover that said what was inside would suffice. I'm not saying this has to be in the highest quality jewel case with contents printed down the back and all done up like Hollywood, but the effort of a simple label would have been nice. I wouldn't have thought anything about it.
MULLY