On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best way is to .............

Gene get to the gym...it will help the smoke leave your lungs and nostrils. Anytime fitness is calling you...GEeeeeeeeernnnnnooo! You'll be back in shape so fast you will forget smoke even exists!!

Stay out of the smoke.

Some of those chemicals that get into your body through the lungs take years to clean out and some never do.

My advice to anyone that wants to stay healthy.

Just never go in the smoke at all.

This is one thing that has killed the business in the poolhalls for years. Most healthy people won't go back after they get a dose of that smoke.

It's a shame that some pool halls try to hold onto the smoke thinking it will hurt their business. It might for a minute but they will build back a stronger clientel than ever before.

They just need to see what I see all over the country.

The non smoking poolhalls are cleaner and busier than ever.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still in Eau Claire...........

Had a little scare with Mom today.

She got a little sick and thought something went wrong with her stint that was put in.

I rushed her to the emergency. They checked her out for about 4 hours. 2 doctors later they sent her home. I think she just over did it a little. She's 84 and wash washing some throw rugs and doing some sweeping. Having not done too much for awhile she must have strained some muscles.

Better safe than sorry. I'm going to hang here for a few more days before I head out.

I might head down to Texas and I might just go to Davenport.

Been keeping pretty busy here though with a lesson here and there. It sure has been fun being home.

One man a van and the road............

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geno:

It's good that you are able to stay with your Mom for a while.

My favorite saying when I miss is "Pool is hard".

Last week, for a few hours, I experienced how easy it can be, then it left.

I could SEE every shot. I didn't have to aim. As soon as my bridge hand touched the table I was in line, no second guessing. When I pulled the trigger and made the ball, the cue ball was dead, no accidental sidespin.

Funny thing too, was that I was gripping the cue with my fingertips. Don't know where that came from, I always cradle it.

Peter Fisher posted a couple straight pool videos a few years ago. It felt like I was shooting like him.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCFE82C705F023EF1

I'll be out there looking for it again. Pool is an addiction.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all about the eyes there johnny.......

Geno:

It's good that you are able to stay with your Mom for a while.

My favorite saying when I miss is "Pool is hard".

Last week, for a few hours, I experienced how easy it can be, then it left.

I could SEE every shot. I didn't have to aim. As soon as my bridge hand touched the table I was in line, no second guessing. When I pulled the trigger and made the ball, the cue ball was dead, no accidental sidespin.

Funny thing too, was that I was gripping the cue with my fingertips. Don't know where that came from, I always cradle it.

Peter Fisher posted a couple straight pool videos a few years ago. It felt like I was shooting like him.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCFE82C705F023EF1

I'll be out there looking for it again. Pool is an addiction.

It's snowing here in Wisconsin today so I'm staying in.

I do these free phone lessons to teach players how to get the eyes in the most dominant position and see the shot well.

This is where you are at when the shots just seem to go in effortlessly.

But the truth of the matter is you can get there by knowing how to do it. Now the shots will look good all the time and will fly in the hole more often than not.

Just give me a call at 715-563-8712 and I'll run you through the free phone lesson.

And this goes for anyone else today.

just give me a call. 8 inches of snow right now and still counting. i ain't goin nowhere.

Talk to you and everyone else that call.

The van is still today for sure...........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gonna try to get to Peoria, Il for the 8 ball this weekend...

I just saw this on the internet. I need to get my wipers fixed in the morning. Already patched up the front end from hitting a deer on the way up to Wisconsin.

Too much snow up here and mom is doing much better.

I'll always be close by as far as mom goes. At 84 she trumps everything.
I sure am glad I could get up here to help. Like I said before you only have one mom.

Looks like a great tourny down there and it's right about straight east from the Quad Cities.

If I can get an early start I'll be on my way.

One man a van and the road........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's 2:30 and still got about an hour of packing ...

I'm getting a very late start to Peoria but it's the best I can do.

I would have liked to have been there about an hour ago so I could check out the tables and hit a few balls. Then get a really good night of sleep.

It's about a 6 hour drive and that really takes it out of me. This will really test my endurance for sure.

I've had a little trouble with the blood sugar going up but I've been bringing it down drinking water and exercise.

There will be some tough competition there and that is what I'm looking for.

If I can get a good nights rest I will be right in the hunt.

One man a van and the road...........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got banged up again.......

I was looking for a room.

I was going under the interstate in Peoria. It was kind of a down slope. I was stopped at the stop light.

All of a sudden BAM. I kind of blacked out for a second and didn't know where I was. I knew exactly what happened real quick though because i was in a real bad rear end accident in 1986 and my neck still hurts.

I have a head ache and my neck feels real bad.

I got out of my van and walked around to the back. The driver of the newer Jeep was looking also and commenting on how lucky that there was no damage to the van.

There was but it wasn't evident to me at the time.

He kept asking me if I was OK. I told him no. My neck was killing me and I had a headache.

He asked me if he should call the police and I said to wait a minute and see if I was OK.

Next thing I knew he was driving away.

I was really pissed.

I got a room and finally fell asleep. I wanted to sleep until 11:00. That would have given me about 8 1/2 hours of sleep.

The cleaning guy was knocking on my door at 9:00. I don't even know what he wanted except he asked if I was staying.

Now I'm awake and my head hurts and my neck is sore and there is no way to get back to sleep.

Needless to say, this was a little much to ask my body to do. I still tried to play in the tourny but it was touch and go all the time. I can't hardly turn my neck and when i look down to read something it feels like my head has a 20 lb weight attached to it.

I got out of the poolroom and got another room at the baymount.

I have action tomorrow with a guy from the St louis area. He was playing pretty good back then. He's in big trouble when we play tomorrow.

I think my neck will be allot better with a good 9 hours of sleep.

He told me before i left that we could bet $500 or $1000 sets.

Bedtime and sweet dreams for me.

Can't wait to get down there tomorrow.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still got a headache and the balance isn't the greatest...

I'm sure I got a case of whiplash and a little concussion but I will be fine.

I lost my balance a few times walking around in the room today.

Jimmy Everhart is the guy I want to play today down at the poolhall.

I called down there and he's playing Donny. That's all the guy at the counter at the poolhall said. The main thing in he's still there.

I'm gonna go get me some of that for sure. I hope someone quits before I get there.

Maybe I'll just play the winner.

You never know for sure what is going to happen out here for sure.

But one thing is for sure. Someone is going to win and someone is going to lose.

Winnings more fun and that's what I plan on doing.

My blood sugar is fine. The screen is a little blurry but I don't think that it will effect my pool vision or fucus.

Need to hurry before someone goes or quits.

If their not playing for enough I'll just have to bet more. maybe get jimmy to switch games.

One man a van and the road.........

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I was looking for a room.

I was going under the interstate in Peoria. It was kind of a down slope. I was stopped at the stop light.

All of a sudden BAM. I kind of blacked out for a second and didn't know where I was. I knew exactly what happened real quick though because i was in a real bad rear end accident in 1986 and my neck still hurts.

I have a head ache and my neck feels real bad.

I got out of my van and walked around to the back. The driver of the newer Jeep was looking also and commenting on how lucky that there was no damage to the van.

There was but it wasn't evident to me at the time.

He kept asking me if I was OK. I told him no. My neck was killing me and I had a headache.

He asked me if he should call the police and I said to wait a minute and see if I was OK.

Next thing I knew he was driving away.

I was really pissed.

I got a room and finally fell asleep. I wanted to sleep until 11:00. That would have given me about 8 1/2 hours of sleep.

The cleaning guy was knocking on my door at 9:00. I don't even know what he wanted except he asked if I was staying.

Now I'm awake and my head hurts and my neck is sore and there is no way to get back to sleep.

Needless to say, this was a little much to ask my body to do. I still tried to play in the tourny but it was touch and go all the time. I can't hardly turn my neck and when i look down to read something it feels like my head has a 20 lb weight attached to it.

I got out of the poolroom and got another room at the baymount.

I have action tomorrow with a guy from the St louis area. He was playing pretty good back then. He's in big trouble when we play tomorrow.

I think my neck will be allot better with a good 9 hours of sleep.

He told me before i left that we could bet $500 or $1000 sets.

Bedtime and sweet dreams for me.

Can't wait to get down there tomorrow.

I hope you got his license number Gene. What he did is considered hit and run.

Hope you feel better.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No I didn't.

I hope you got his license number Gene. What he did is considered hit and run.

Hope you feel better.

I was kind of in a daze.....not thinking very good. Today when I first got up at 6:00 PM because I couldn't sleep very good, I kept losing my balance forward. Kind of crazy.
I shook my head back and forth to see if that hurt. it feels like my brain is loose. I won't do that again.

therooko

Registered
Eau Claire

Hey Gene, if ya make it back let me know. My number is 7153797841. Was on a self imposed hiatus from the game for a few weeks due to my crappy attitude. May 11th is my day to start playing again. Don't miss the playing as much as the hanging out with friends. You shot good in the 9-ball tourney. Thanks for playing. Good luck with your ventures and cya on the rebound.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmy got away.....

I slept off and on yesterday. I didn't get back down to the pool hall and the tourny was over and I found out that Donny was the loser and Jimmy the winner.

The worst part is they were gone. I wanted to play Jimmy some.

I gave a guy a lesson and played another guy a race to 9 cheap.

When i got up to go to the poolhall the same thing happened. I got dizzy and I kept losing my balance forward. I could always catch myself because everything in the room is pretty close. It's almost impossible to fall down without falling on something.

I was having a little trouble seeing as i drove back to the room. So I went to the hospital to see if i could get something to help me sleep. Vision was blurry and the headache was still pretty bad. I have a hard time turning my neck to the left. To the right is fine.

They did some simple tests and finally told me I should do a ct scan.

After the ct scan a neurologist came in to work on why my vision was bad. I told him it's simple. I just got my bell rung.

The ct scan came back negative but they must have seen something because they wanted to do an MRI. They worked pretty hard on me to do the MRI but I declined. Then they came back and were a little more convincing on why I should do it but i still declined. That's about 7 to 8 thousand dollars for a better picture?

If I feel bad in a couple of days I'll go back and do that.

I might have saved some money by not being there in time to play Jimmy. It sounds like he ran a bunch of racks on Danny.

I might not have played very good but then again I might have. I had no problem in the one set I did play. That wasn't for any big cash but it shouldn't have mattered. i had plenty of sleep.

Maybe I'll swing through St Louis on my way to davenport. Kind of on the way.

Got the room for a couple more days. I'm not driving very well right now and don't feel safe doing it.

I must be a pool player. Can't drive but think I can still play pool.

I'm sure 3 hours bending over on the table will take a toll on this neck and sore brain of mine.

I'll head down to the pool room today and do a lesson or 2.

Sounds like good therapy to me.

One man a van and the road...............

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been a tough 3 or 4 days..........

I definitely ended up with a concusion from being rear ended in Peoria.

I can't believe i played in the tourny the next day.

I drive terrible. I get honked at allot so i must not be doing very good. Went down a couple of one ways here in Davenport. Just not too aware of what's going on.

When i first get up in the morning I want to tip forward and to the right. The first couple of days it lasted for about 1/2 hour. Today it was only a minute or 2.

The toughest part is when you have something like this wrong you think your OK. The terrible headache is gone but the neck is still hard to turn.

My eyes feel like I have a pair of glasses and one lense is missing. Everything looks a little cockeyed.

The good news is I will focus more on my work here in Davenport if I can. That was the plan before I went to Peoria.

Should be good as new in a couple of weeks.

I'm sure many of you have had concusions and have went through the same things.

No more football for Me. ;)

Or full contact pool. :rolleyes:

And I can sleep for about 12 to 13 hours. Unreal.

I was complaining to myself before that I wasn't getting enough sleep.

I guess you should be careful what you wish for.:p

I'll still be doing the Free phone lessons so keep the phone calls coming.

Talk to everyone soon. 715-563-8712......

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey gene- hope all gets better fast.

got side tracked with Leon. sorry Gene- Ill call again tommorrow. mark

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Rest up. One of the funky things about concussions is you need mental rest as well as physical. The docs don't even like you texting or reading while recovering. Pool should definitely be off the list for a while.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Wonder if Gene will ever return to the Valley of the Sun, it is just about the right time of year.

Arizona_Its_a_Dry_Heat.jpg

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love to come there again for sure..........

Phoenix is a great place to be at if your a pool player. There is something always going on everyday and weekend.

The local bars and poolhalls seem to kind of work together and have rated and unrated tournys all over.

The best time for me to be there is in the winter time. I'm sure it will be real hot there soon.

Right now I'm just trying to stay put and get this head to heal up a little.

The headaches are milder now but I still wake up from sleeping and everything looks foggy. My memory is terrible and I lose my balance a little here and there.

But if i could travel right now i would come down to Phoenix.

I'd love showing our own Cocobolo Cowboy Perfect Aim in person.

Absolutely free.

I know from the beginning you were very skeptical about how well this works.

It would be fun to show you hand and maybe even catch some lunch together.

In fact when I get down there no matter when i will make this an offer with no time limit at all.

Looking forward to it.

One man a van and the road..........