On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats on a nice win!

This doesn't really surprise me. You were really hitting them good at times in Indy. I learned some things just watching you shoot.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there Chris.........

Congrats on a nice win!

This doesn't really surprise me. You were really hitting them good at times in Indy. I learned some things just watching you shoot.

Hi Chris,

I really enjoyed meeting you at that State tourny there in Indy. it was kind of funny but when we were in that ring game the first day I felt like I knew you already.

As far as the playing I finally got to where I was talking about getting. Getting to that place in your mind where there isn't even a thought about the ball not going. Or about the shape that your getting. it is just going to get done.

This is the place in my mind where I've been trying to get. it's easier to get there once you've been there but this time after quitting for 9 years between 1999 to almost 2009 it's been a real tough journy.

Getting crushed a little with a motorhome and right shoulder surgery kind of slowed me down also.

Now I need to get in another tourny or gamble a little and practice getting there. To this place in my mind where it's just me, the table and the task at hand. Failure isn't even a thought. This is when all players are dangerous.

Thanks for the comments on here.

In some of my matches I had that one shot to win or lose. I made the shots. The difference between missing or making the shot is how i aim. There is no guess work.

I sure wish we would have had more time at the end to share with you what i teach. That would have been even cooler.

I'm sure we will meet up again.

Good Luck and shoot'em in straight my friend.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sending me a little reminder.....

Yeah, only a couple hours to Beloit, WI and the $1,000 added tourney this weekend! You can do it Geno!

Thanks Dwane for sending me the little notice of the tourny.

When you said , You can do it I was wondering if you meant I could win this thing.

The thought popped into my head, i'm playing pretty good right now and Duane says this, How funny if i win it?

You can do it was stuck in my head.........

You've been the guy behind the scenes and in front of the scenes there in beloit for a long time.

I know that when i come to Beloit I'll always see Dave, Carlos and yourself each and everytime taking care of business.

You play well and it's reall tough to play each time and do what you do.

keep up the good work.

Everyone should come to your events up there. This is so good for pool.

3 things you can count on in this pool world of ours.

It's gonna snow in the winter and rain in the summer.

And there is always a great tourny coming up in Beloit Wisconsin.

Home to one of the best pool halls in the country ran and owned buy one of the best players in the country, Dave Coles. Yes he can play too.

Sometimes this big prize money doesn't get out of the building. Dave takes it down.

And then again there is Duane, Making sure that everyone everywhere knows what's happening.

Thanks again. If not for your email the day before the tourny i would have just been sleeping or something.

I can't say enough about you guys.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see why the Chinese are so big on coaches......

In the tourny in Beloit I had 2 friends of mine, Beaky and Hank.

When the chips were down Hank was always there in my corner. He had half of the calcutta but he would have been cheering me on anyway.

The only difference was I gave him a lesson after the tourny.

But to have these guys in my corner was huge.

If some how pool gets big enough to afford coaches the game in the US will sky rocket.

Now if they can teach you something and be in the corner that would be so huge.

Thanks Hank and Beak.

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the tourny in Beloit I had 2 friends of mine, Beaky and Hank.

When the chips were down Hank was always there in my corner. He had half of the calcutta but he would have been cheering me on anyway.

The only difference was I gave him a lesson after the tourny.

But to have these guys in my corner was huge.

If some how pool gets big enough to afford coaches the game in the US will sky rocket.

Now if they can teach you something and be in the corner that would be so huge.

Thanks Hank and Beak.

Gene you would be a good coach for Bartram. :thumbup:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perfect Aim heading to Eau Claire, Wi for 1 week.......

I'll be heading to Eau Claire, Wi tomorrow to stay with mom for a week.

She's been real dizzy for about 2 or 3 months and they did a heart procedure and the bottom of her heart was not hardly working. They put in a stint to fix the problem i think.

I'm in Davenport now. Can't wait to get up there. You only got one mom and this one is a good one for sure. I know first hand.

Anyone that reads this in the Eau Claire area can take advantage of my unplanned trip. I won't have to be with mom all the time so I will be doing some lessons while I'm there.

I have a brother and sister that will fill in while I'm gone.

Just give me a call.

715-563-8712

One man a van and the road...........

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be heading to Eau Claire, Wi tomorrow to stay with mom for a week.

She's been real dizzy for about 2 or 3 months and they did a heart procedure and the bottom of her heart was not hardly working. They put in a stint to fix the problem i think.

I'm in Davenport now. Can't wait to get up there. You only got one mom and this one is a good one for sure. I know first hand.

Anyone that reads this in the Eau Claire area can take advantage of my unplanned trip. I won't have to be with mom all the time so I will be doing some lessons while I'm there.

I have a brother and sister that will fill in while I'm gone.

Just give me a call.

715-563-8712

One man a van and the road...........

Best wishes to your mother for a full and speedy recovery !!!
Have a safe trip my friend !

Larry

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks there Mr Larry.......

Best wishes to your mother for a full and speedy recovery !!!
Have a safe trip my friend !

Larry

We got her out of the hospital but she's pretty weak. I'm sure she's going to get stronger but she was in pretty rough shape when she went in about a week ago.

I'm glad I'm here until she can get her wings back again. She'll bounce back for sure. At 84 it might take a few days.

In the meantime there is a great little tourny tomorrow at the Happy Hollow. 9 ball race to 7 winner breaks. This is a tough tourny. The tables are valleys and the rails all play pretty tough. A case of the vendor interchanging rails when the tables are recovered I'm pretty sure. Some are slow and others are like superballs.

You have to be real careful and sometimes your just doomed from the conditions.

Anyway it will be allot of fun.

See Ya all there at the Happy Hollow in Eau Claire, Wi.

I'm going to spend about 5 days here with Mom and then it will be back down to Davenport.

One man a van and the road..........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great treat last night and today..........

The Happy Hollow tournys were great. My playing carried over from Beloit and continued at the Hollow.

Friday night I won the hot set in the smaller tourny. Ended up chopping the money for first and second because we ran out of time.

Sat I won the bigger tourny. Race to 7 nine ball, winner breaks, rack your own.

I'm down to 188 lbs now and still going. All the players were commenting on how healthier I'm looking and the way I was playing.

I still havn't taken any diabetic meds for almost 2 months now. I know I'm on the right track and can't wait to get to another tourny.

I made a commitment to work for 4 months to get me that motorhome but the call from the pool gods is pretty strong.

I feel like i did when I played so well in the 80's and 90's. it's not if I'm going to get there. I'm just going to get there whether it be shape or making the shot.

It's a good feeling that we all strive for. My work is paying off. I need to see how I fare in anothe big tourny.

I'm going to look for one this next weekend.

Moms doing just fine also. I stopped in to check on her about 5 times during the tourny today. She only lives about 3 minutes from the Hollow.

one man a van and the road............

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hope to see you in Tunica Geno for 2 solid weeks of Pool!

Ultimate 10 Ball starts on June 16th end on June 20

Southern Classic starts June 21st ens on June 29th

I will be running bar table tournaments on 10 Tables throughout the Southern Classic too.

Ray

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there Ray.......

Hi there Ray and great job up there in Four Bears country.

I sure wish I could have gone up there but it just wasn't in the cards. Not ready and too much to do with getting my health in order. I'm on the right track though. My energy is off the charts.

All my friends at the tourny this weekend were all asking me what I was doing to play so good and look so healthy.

I shared what I was doing with everyone but in order to nake it work it takes allot of dedication.

Once someone gets where I'm at now though there is no stopping.

We might have to redo that whole video that we shot in Texas 4 months ago. Nobody will recognize me now. :tongue::rolleyes:

Just kidding Ray. We did allot of hard work already. I can't wait to finish it.

Trying to find another tourny this weekend to play in. Got to keep this thing going and make sure it is for real. It seems to be. It's like i need to pinch myself to make sure it's really happening but the balls just keep going in the hole. It's like when I do miss a shot it's like,,,,,,WHAT.......?
I can't believe it.

That's a good thing.

I got the workbook done and I'm working on the Perfect Aim hypnosis recording.

It looks like a winner all the way around.

Another thing with feeling good. i'm getting so much stuff done.

Like I said the energy is off the charts. I do get wore out but I dare someone to keep up with me right now and it's going to get better.

Great job there Mr ray. Keep up the good work out there...........

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I sure wish I could have gone up there but it just wasn't in the cards. Not ready and too much to do with getting my health in order. I'm on the right track though. My energy is off the charts.

All my friends at the tourny this weekend were all asking me what I was doing to play so good and look so healthy.

I shared what I was doing with everyone but in order to nake it work it takes allot of dedication.

We might have to redo that whole video that we shot in Texas 4 months ago. Nobody will recognize me now. :tongue::rolleyes:

Trying to find another tourny this weekend to play in. Got to keep this thing going and make sure it is for real. It seems to be. It's like i need to pinch myself to make sure it's really happening but the balls just keep going in the hole. It's like when I do miss a shot it's like,,,,,,WHAT.......?
I can't believe it.

That's a good thing.

Like I said the energy is off the charts. I do get wore out but I dare someone to keep up with me right now and it's going to get better.

Gene the TRAVELIN MAN...Coming through your town with just himself and his VAN!

Keep that thing rollin GENO! There is always a tournament at Brickyard your home away from home! Keep up the good work on the diet too! Maybe next time I see you we can run a foot race?!?!

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Special Thanks....

Gene the TRAVELIN MAN...Coming through your town with just himself and his VAN!

Keep that thing rollin GENO! There is always a tournament at Brickyard your home away from home! Keep up the good work on the diet too! Maybe next time I see you we can run a foot race?!?!

To you and your dad for pushing me a little during my stay in Indy.

There are many places during my travels that are hard to leave. Indy was definitely one of them.

I'll be back......

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope to see you in Tunica Geno for 2 solid weeks of Pool!

Ultimate 10 Ball starts on June 16th end on June 20

Southern Classic starts June 21st ens on June 29th

I will be running bar table tournaments on 10 Tables throughout the Southern Classic too.

Ray

You got a going on, Mr. Ray! Keep on pushing.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I can't believe it.

That's a good thing.

Mr. Geno,
I am glad to hear all of your good news. Keep well, my friend!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here we go again...........

Back to the smoke.........

I went to Davenport to go to work and make a quick $40,000 as a contractor with the cable company. I want to do this to get a nice motorhome and continue my pool teaching journey and playing. This is what I did back in 2008 before I got sick, finding out I was diabetic.

The contractor that I am going to work with has an apartment rented for the other guys. 4 of them. 2 of them smoke. My nephew and a guy named Bob.

When I first got there the place smelled like an ashtray. They had a cup right by the sink that they were using to put out their cigs as they walked into the apartment. Once i got rid of that cup the smell was allot better.

Then I walked into the bedroom I would be sharing with my Nephew and the bathroom smelled like an ashtray. Rather than go outside in the cold my nephew has the MO of just turning on the fan in the bathroom and smoking in there. He did this when i was working with him before. Same crap different place.

As I was standing in the livingroom in walks Bob with a lit cig. Came right in the apartment next to me. This is the first time we have met. I looked right at him and said, I can't believe your smoking that cig in here right next to me.

He walks over to the balcony, opens the door, keeping it open and figures he's going to smoke it with the door open letting all the smoke come right back in.

I said to him, how do you think that is much better. Close that door please.

These 2 guys have the place stunk up. I stayed there 3 nights, spent about $500 on equipment that I needed for work with and was feeling pretty bad the third day. I went out to work but had no energy at all.

I was happy I had to come up to Wisconsin and take care of my mother after her heart procedure.

Then they have a tournament at the Happy Hollow only 3 miles from my mothers house a few days later. She was doing pretty good so we decided i could play and just keep stopping back and check on her. She's a little shaky and 84 years old. She's feeling pretty good but needs to get her wings back after sitting in the hospital for a week. They put in a stint. She had a huge blockage on the heart and was lucky she didn't have a stroke.

At the Hollow they have a smoking room built on that is almost half as big as the whole bar. The problem is that when they open the door to go in and out the smoke comes gushing into the no smoking part. It's not real terrible like some of the places I have been on the road but if your were drinking poison would you like drinking allot or would you like drinking a little bit. both are bad for you.

When I first got to my mothers and went to sleep the first night I put my mask from my sleep apnea machine on. It smelled like I was wearing an ashtray. This was from the apartment. Now it was evident why i was feeling kind of bad at the apartment. That smoke gets in everywhere. now it's in my breathing machine. There's no way to clean the inside of this. I called the supplier.

After being in the Hollow for 2 days with second hand smoke drifting into my lungs, I was toast on Sunday. My nostriles were caked with mucus and burned and i felt like I got drunk the night before and I had a hangover. Today is Monday and it's the same but not quite as bad. My eyes burned when I woke up each day.

Someday they are going to make these places have an outside entrance to these smoking additions that they put on. To have the door connected right to the main part that is non smoking is almost kind of a joke. When the door opens and closes it's like sending a smoke signal like the Indians did in the old cowboy movies.

A place that was just terrible was in Louisville. This place built on a deck and have made it so nice with a bar and big screen that people come there to drink and hang out. It's like having a smoking bar and non smoking. But after an hour or so it doesn't matter where you are. they open the door inbetween the 2 and you get the smoke full force.

I'm still feeling pretty good but it just took a little wind out of my sails. I played some with my son and played pretty bad. With everything going on with my body from the smoke I just didn't care if I focused or not. Kind of like I was playing before.

The Brickyard In Indy was a great place for me to be for a month. Truly a non smoking environment. great job guys, and some great competiton on the pool table. This is what helped me get back to top form but the smoke can quickly rob me of everything in a quick hurry including my life.

I have the lump back in my throat and I can really tell the difference today when i take a deep breath. That smoke has done some dirty work to my lungs.

Plus. I hit a deer on the way up here. Patched up my van. it cost me about $500. did the work myself.

And had some drunk slam into my van in the parking lot and then speed off as quickly as possible. Some people got the plate number. Called the police and they said there is nothing they could do. Less than $1000 damage maybe and it's their word against mine. The people that got the plate numbers had been drinking also.

How screwed up is that. hit and run. Private property and the police just tell me there is nothing they can do.

Good thing I won both tournaments at the Hollow. If i fix the van completely I'm at about a $700 loser for the trip.

Cigerette smoke and drunk drivers. Something we have had to fade in this pool world for a long time. it's better than it was years ago for sure.

It only takes one drunk driver to ruin your life and just a little smoke to make you sick or maybe sick enough to kill you.

50 years from now pool players are going to look back and say. Do you believe that the players back then had to put up with this and that.

With the second hand smoke thing goin on they might as well be putting poison right in your water or your drink. It's the same thing pretty much.

So the problem is that we are still getting a dose of the smoke even in the non smoking rooms. It's better than it was for sure but it's still bad.

I called a friend of mine In LaCrosse. Lenny Dapole, and didn't get an answer. He's another player that doesn't smoke and is fighting cancer right now. I need to try and call again today. I hope he's still around. He's one of those special player we have in this pool world of ours.

As I'm typing this post I am trying to breath in and out. In the last week I have taken a big step backwards with my health.

Second hand smoke.

One man a van and the road..........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More fun today at Shooters in Burnsville.....

Mom's doing much better.

I'm heading up to the Twin Cities to play in the Monday night tourny at Shooters in Burnsville. This is a great 9 ball tourny that Craig has kept going for years.

It will be great to say hi to the old gang and friends.

If any AZers around Burnsville see this stop in, play some 9 ball and have some fun.

It will be great to see you.

See ya all there...........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gave 2 lessons today..........

Worked with Dick and Carl today.

The lessons went well as usual. Both players improved allot and Dick gives some lessons himself. He was amazed that pretty much everything that I showed him he had never seen before.

It's such a treat for me to show some of the home town area players what i do and why.

Tomorrow i take mom to physical therapy. That should go well I hope.

It looks like I will be out of here in the next day or 2.

I might head down to Texas to wrap up the new video with Ray (Big truck) Hansen if he has time or I will head back down to davenport.

Either way, no moss growing under these feet.

One man a van and the road.......

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gene get to the gym...it will help the smoke leave your lungs and nostrils. Anytime fitness is calling you...GEeeeeeeeernnnnnooo! You'll be back in shape so fast you will forget smoke even exists!!