On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Olathe

Getting life back on track and getting grounded.

Many players that travel on the road get lost. By this i mean they lose their Mojo (Inner self) while playing, not sleeping enough and just dealing with everything life has to throw at you while persuing your dream.

A person just needs to slow down and smell the roses and that is exactly what I am doing right now.

I have action on Wed with a guy named Steve that plays pretty sporty. And i have a lesson with Duane today.

But the main focus in the next few days is taking care of my personal self.

Then it's up up and away again on another adventure.

One man a van and the road..............

When you coming back through KC ?

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
I won before we played
When the game is this out of line you win with the matchup
I won 1560

1 man and no aiming system

Hell, you went for more than that in the Calcutta a few days later in Beloit....bummer there wasn't more on the line!

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But on a bar table or one that has 4 1/2 inch pockets..

We should try another set or 2

If Willie mosconi saw these shimmed up tables he probably would have said. Or the tables with the enlarged rails so the pockets are tiny.

You got to be kidding.

On a table that is that difficult to pockets the balls you just can't do the things you need to do to get your shape. It takes allot away from a players game unless you are in dead stroke.

Kind of like playing golf with fairways that are 50 feet wide versus 10 feet wide.

The game was not intended for 10 foot wide fairways or 10 foot greens.

When I looked at that table the nexy day I thought about declining because i knew there would not be enough time to get ready for those pockets. Being out of stroke,hardly playing for 3 weeks, doing so many lessons here, i tried to play the week before but the lessons kept coming.

I don't know if i would ever be ready for those 4" pockets. I don't even like to practice on a table like that to be truthful.

I always tell player that if they want to practice shooting in small hole to get some pocket liners because if it's too hard to make the ball you don't work on the other parts of the game like getting shape. it just takes too much away from the other aspects

My match with Chris is by no means a direct reflection on how i play but how I play on a table with little pockets. But it does say how much better Chris plays on a table with little pockets.He plays great and is in great stroke. And he is a great player.

I don't blame him for insisting that we play there. It would have been a shame if i would have or could have beaten him but it wasn't going to happen on that table.

We will play again but it will be on a normal table that is made to play pool on. Many pool halls have a table like this that is made tight but it gets played only by a few.
Like myself many players will agree that they don't even like to practice on one like this.

I'm not whining and crying but just stating some facts.

I gave it a shot knowing the odds against me.

Had i seen the small pockets the day before i would have never agreed to play on that table or post up the money. With the winner getting all and the loser nothing there is really no reason to play if you feel like your that big of underdog.

I'm still losing the weight and still eating right and I don't take any drugs to enhance my playing ability.

Many pool players today take the drug aderall to help with their focus. I got messed up with some drugs for a couple of months back in 1985 and got myself to treatment.
Been drug free and alcohol free ever since.

I'm not accusing Chris of this but this is what we are up against in this pool world of ours. I know Chris works hard at his game and that is why he plays so well. He doesn't need any drugs.

Baseball, football and any other sport you get booted if you take drugs that enhance your ability but with pool it is almost a must if you want to compete on a higher level.

Years back i gave a player the 6 ball and beat him out of $3,000/

I went back 2 months later and after he beat me getting the 6 ball i played him even. He still beat me, in fact i hardly got to shoot.

He offered me the 6 ball and i declined. I was almost out of money. Fortunately I had only $1,000 with me.

Came back 3 months later and i looked at the guys eyes. The pupils were big as saucers. I told him i was just passing through. He was juiced up for sure. i didn't need anymore of that.

Came back 1 month later and beat him out of $5,000 with his backer there and his eyes were pretty normal.

I learned to look at a guys eye back then because most of the stuff they took back then made the pupils larger. Not so today I'm afraid.

I will be back and ready so enjoy your roast for the next few months there Mr chris.

60 years old, diabetic, and still healing from a few bad accidents over the last 4 years.

At 175 lbs i will be eliminating the diabetic part. This will be what will get me back to the heap.

We will be playing again and you might not like it as much.

I guarantee that for sure.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
Edited cliff-notes version as I read it.

We will play again but it will be on a normal table that is made to play pool on.

I will be back and ready so enjoy your roast for the next few months there Mr chris.

1 man, 44 aiming systems.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Willie mosconi saw these shimmed up tables he probably would have said. Or the tables with the enlarged rails so the pockets are tiny.

You got to be kidding.

On a table that is that difficult to pockets the balls you just can't do the things you need to do to get your shape. It takes allot away from a players game unless you are in dead stroke.

Kind of like playing golf with fairways that are 50 feet wide versus 10 feet wide.

When I looked at that table the nexy day I thought about declining because i knew there would not be enough time to get ready for those pockets. Being out of stroke,hardly playing for 3 weeks, doing so many lessons here, i tried to play the week before but the lessons kept coming.

I don't know if i would ever be ready for those 4" pockets. I don't even like to practice on a table like that to be truthful.

I always tell player that if they want to practice shooting in small hole to get some pocket liners because if it's too hard to make the ball you don't work on the other parts of the game like getting shape. it just takes too much away from the other aspects

My match with Chris is by no means a direct reflection on how i play but how I play on a table with little pockets. But it does say how much better Chris plays on a table with little pockets.He plays great and is in great stroke. And he is a great player.

I don't blame him for insisting that we play there. It would have been a shame if i would have or could have beaten him but it wasn't going to happen on that table.

We will play again but it will be on a normal table that is made to play pool on. Many pool halls have a table like this that is made tight but it gets played only by a few.
Like myself many players will agree that they don't even like to practice on one like this.

Had i seen the small pockets the day before i would have never agreed to play on that table or post up the money. With the winner getting all and the loser nothing there is really no reason to play if you feel like your that big of underdog.

I'm still losing the weight and still eating right and I don't take any drugs to enhance my playing ability.

Many pool players today take the drug aderall to help with their focus. I got messed up with some drugs for a couple of months back in 1985 and got myself to treatment.

I'm not accusing Chris of this but this is what we are up against in this pool world of ours. I know Chris works hard at his game and that is why he plays so well. He doesn't need any drugs.

Baseball, football and any other sport you get booted if you take drugs that enhance your ability but with pool it is almost a must if you want to compete on a higher level.

I went back 2 months later and after he beat me getting the 6 ball i played him even. He still beat me, in fact i hardly got to shoot.

He offered me the 6 ball and i declined. I was almost out of money. Fortunately I had only $1,000 with me.

Came back 3 months later and i looked at the guys eyes. The pupils were big as saucers. I told him i was just passing through. He was juiced up for sure. i didn't need anymore of that.

Came back 1 month later and beat him out of $5,000 with his backer there and his eyes were pretty normal.

I learned to look at a guys eye back then because most of the stuff they took back then made the pupils larger. Not so today I'm afraid.

60 years old, diabetic, and still healing from a few bad accidents over the last 4 years.

At 175 lbs i will be eliminating the diabetic part. This will be what will get me back to the heap.

So, is it the table or the little insinuations your throwing out there that made you lose? If I was Chris it wouldn't be worth the trouble to play you. Talk about a whiny sore loser. Reminds me of one of those old pool shirts with all the excuses.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
So, is it the table or the little insinuations your throwing out there that made you lose? If I was Chris it wouldn't be worth the trouble to play you. Talk about a whiny sore loser. Reminds me of one of those old pool shirts with all the excuses.

It's not worth it to play him cheap
But if we play for 3 k or more its worth it

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member

You got to be kidding.

Gene you gave it a shot which I didn't think you would ever play
Some how you think on reg pockets you have a chance wrong
Ill give you a heads up guys you play even with I give big spots to on reg pockets
If you are trying to get action you can find hundreds of players who play under me who would play you
Anytime your ready to play on the reg size pockets and you can bet some money I will play

I don't know perfect aim how can I shoot I the little pockets ?

Gene

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Possible signature lines in this thread:

1 man and no diabetes
1 man and no aderall
1 man and no chance of winning
1 man and no whining

I look forward to many years of Gene proposing scenarios which he can win, then trying it and losing, and then proposing additional scenarios.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member

You got to be kidding.

Before we played you said you were ready and I might not like it
You also said you liked your side
In this post you are saying you knew you was an underdog
Which 1 is it ?
On reg pockets i don't want to play you even ill give you the 9 playing 10 ball
On a 9 ft reg pocket table bet 5 k
And yes if you want to bet less ill play even
But 2 k min I will play you

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gene, I applaud you for playing Chris. And frankly, given the circumstances, you accounted for yourself quite well. Chris Bartram is a top level player. On any given day, he is capable of beating anybody in the world. He's proven it. More than once. Purely speculation on my part but if he were to make pool his number 1 priority, he would be a top 10 if not a top 5 player in the US.

With that said, Gene, let it go. Really. You are an excellent player. You're a good person. You have a nice gig with your Perfect Aim and are a good instructor. As good of a player as you are, you're simply not at the same level as Chris. It is really that simple. I hope I don't make you made by stating this. You accepted the challenge to play on his favorite home table or whatever. No need to even bring it up again. Here's the deal. You both were playing on the same table. On your best day and his worst, with a lot of good rolls, you might make it really close on a regular 9' table. However, 95+ out of a 100, he beats you. It is silly to attempt to buck those odds. There's no shame in that at all, as I said, Chris is a Professional Caliber player with a proven track record.