One Piece Slate Diamonds

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go back into the thread. Good insight into that previously.

My previous table was a 3 piece. Needed it because of where I installed it. When you set up a 3 piece, you are trying to replicate a one piece anyway.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The 1pc on a Professional. Does it come from the factory with the cloth on it?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
The 1pc on a Professional. Does it come from the factory with the cloth on it?
YES, it comes. The installers will hopefully be in an out of your house before you could blink your eyes or say a word to them! We all know they will be hearing from you no matter what AHAHAHHHAHAHHAHHA!!

TFT

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is the 1 piece truly better than 3? I just can’t see me ever buying a 1 piece slate unless it’s a bar box which I’ll never buy. When I get ready to get a table I’ll call you for more info
This is probably best asked in the Mechanics forum, but RKC and Trent are already responding, and you probably can't beat that.

In May 2020 when I ordered my Paragon, we had a conversation regarding slate. They assured me the one-piece and the three-piece slate would both play the same. I was dealing with Heath Manning, and he has the exact Paragon in his home with three piece slate.

My wife and I had just finished building and moved in March 2019. We have brand new hardwoods everywhere except the kitchen, pantry and bathrooms. I told Heath I wanted assurances that nothing would damage the new floors.

Heath said a one-piece, 9' slate weighs 650 pounds. While they have a special purpose dolly with larger wheels to move it, he could not guarantee there would not be any damage to the flooring. So, if I ordered the one-piece, it would be me taking that chance.

I ultimately went with the three-piece, and Mike (Diamond mechanic from the factory) and his helper installed it perfectly. It did take a while, though.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is probably best asked in the Mechanics forum, but RKC and Trent are already responding, and you probably can't beat that.

In May 2020 when I ordered my Paragon, we had a conversation regarding slate. They assured me the one-piece and the three-piece slate would both play the same. I was dealing with Heath Manning, and he has the exact Paragon in his home with three piece slate.

My wife and I had just finished building and moved in March 2019. We have brand new hardwoods everywhere except the kitchen, pantry and bathrooms. I told Heath I wanted assurances that nothing would damage the new floors.

Heath said a one-piece, 9' slate weighs 650 pounds. While they have a special purpose dolly with larger wheels to move it, he could not guarantee there would not be any damage to the flooring. So, if I ordered the one-piece, it would be me taking that chance.

I ultimately went with the three-piece, and Mike (Diamond mechanic from the factory) and his helper installed it perfectly. It did take a while, though.
My wife and I also love hardwood floors. Our basement had engineered bamboo. I loved that floor

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

MIKE IS A TRU PROFESSIONAL! You got one of the best. I KNOW your table is playing right, enjoy!
TFT

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Good point. We’re at the mercy of the handlers. The 1 piece is going into through a double door onto a cement foundation/floor with a rug. The room is 18x15. If the installers are professional and sober it should be ok

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Good point. We’re at the mercy of the handlers. The 1 piece is going into through a double door onto a cement foundation/floor with a rug. The room is 18x15. If the installers are professional and sober it should be ok
Just so you know, I can put that 1 piece slate on that table frame from the cart it's coming on....by myself, because I know how to. Tell them to call me if needed, I'll tell them how to as well.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just so you know, I can put that 1 piece slate on that table frame from the cart it's coming on....by myself, because I know how to. Tell them to call me if needed, I'll tell them how to as well.
Thanks a million. Appreciate your help and the feedback you alway provide here. You give us the confidence to buy a Diamond. Diamond seems to be the perfect table...from construction to set up. I know I made the right choice. The clubhouse where I lived has 4 9ft ProAms played on mostly by bangers. The top rails and side skirts show no signs of wear. Aside from being great tables to play on they are tanks.

Last edited:

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well now, here we go with you.

You: "third one piece slat is just not practical for in home use, and furthermore to the overwhelming majority of people who play pool in the world today wouldn’t want a diamond because the pockets play to tight for the recreational player"

Comment: Let me ask you something. Can you name me one billiards manufacturing company that offers a choice of pocket openings when selling someone a pool table? See, you just did it again, stuck your foot in your mouth. Are you even aware that Diamond offers pocket openings for the "recreational players" of the world, as well as pro pocket openings for those who want and like the tight pro pockets? And you know what, they don't have to shim up their pockets to make them tighter, they're MADE that way from the get go when the rails are being built. Hmmmm, I wonder, does the company that makes your pool tables that you sell offer the choice of pocket openings to the buying customer, or is that something you have to fabricate a change to in order to fulfill the customers request? Personally I don't like shimming up pockets to make them play tighter, I do it at the customers request because they're paying for it...but I still don't like doing it because in my opinion the pockets start playing dead.

You: "well first off I can make a statement like that because I have played on both types of tables and it is true"

Comment: I believe my comment was about setting up the one piece slates and your not having done both to compare the two, not about playing on the two types of tables...wasn't it?

You: "second one piece slate was used around the turn of the century"

Comment: Name the manufacture and the model of the table that used a 57" x 107" full size 9ft slate?

You: "and yes I have my sh*it together pal, I’ll sell around 100-150 pool tables this year, and I am one of about 30 salesman. I really don’t think that many other retailers can make a legitimate claim like that"

Comment: Sorry pal, my brothers got you beat by more than 200 tables! And besides that, the number of tables sold does not speak about the quality of the tables being sold...now does it?

"There's a lot more Volkswagens sold in the world than Rolls Royce's, but no matter what you do, you just can't turn that Volkswagen you have into a Rolls Royce just by putting Rolls Royce tires on it!"

And you know what's funny...I don't even work for Diamond...LOL I'm just a humble master billiards technician, that's all...who just happens to have the highest regards for the Diamond built pool tables. My hats off to Diamond for doing what no other billiards manufacturing company today is trying to do..."improve the industry standards, not just selling pool tables"

Glen
Selling 150 tables and actually delivering 150 tables are 2 entirely different things. How are those rails doing, shyster?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More challenge!

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks a million. Appreciate your help and the feedback you alway provide here. You give us the confidence to buy a Diamond. Diamond seems to be the perfect table...from construction to set up. I know I made the right choice. The clubhouse where I lived has 4 9ft ProAms played on mostly by bangers. The top rails and side skirts show no signs of wear. Aside from being great tables to play on they are tanks.

It’s a Diamond. Diamonds will always be liked but, they will never be truly loved.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It’s a Diamond. Diamonds will always be liked but, they will never be truly loved.

You see my screen name...It's not changing to DeCrowned. But I think Diamonds are lovable tables. They are all business. Every aspect of it. What is there not to like other than it's bling less

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You see my screen name...It's not changing to DeCrowned. But I think Diamonds are lovable tables. They are all business. Every aspect of it. What is there not to like other than it's bling less

They lack style. Not necessarily bling. They play artificially fast and still to this day bank short. The pro which is the better looking of all the tables has no ball return. Just a couple of things. I think they are good tables. They just lack soul.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They lack style. Not necessarily bling. They play artificially fast and still to this day bank short. The pro which is the better looking of all the tables has no ball return. Just a couple of things. I think they are good tables. They just lack soul.

Sorry.... but $10000.00 for a new Gold Crown VI is not going to happen.... no matter how stylish it is. Diamond is still a better table for the money. And I cant believe the VI is better then any GC of the past.