onepocket.org and Steve Booth

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope this is ok here. I needed to share this. Good things do happen in pool. Got this in the mail today.I had the flu for a week and wasn't able to attend the DCC Classic in Louisville. One of my goals this year was to get a poster and have some pro players sign it to auction off for the Special Olympics at my tournament next week. Steve Booth surprised me with this poster in the mail today signed by some of the greatest pool players alive. Steve took his time and energy to go out of his way to do this for me and Special Olympics. I'm so proud to be a member of onepocket.org and to have made so many friends along the way there. My deepest thanks Steve.

Attachments

• dcc poster.jpg
    dcc poster.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 879

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And for the bonus round, can you name all the players pictured in that poster?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Steve's OneP.org is a great place for serious/dedicated OneP players. The members are sharing and caring.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Believe it or not I brought it to the pool room today where it will be auctioned for the Special Olympics next weekend. We had them all figured out today except three. Steve filled in the blanks for us. We missed Billy Thorpe, Shannon Murphy and John Schmidt. It might surprise you who a few are... Steve did well!

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12678

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I was referring to the picture itself and not the signatures. Some are a blurry but the ones in the forefront should be easy.

Believe it or not I brought it to the pool room today where it will be auctioned for the Special Olympics next weekend. We had them all figured out today except three. Steve filled in the blanks for us. We missed Billy Thorpe, Shannon Murphy and John Schmidt. It might surprise you who a few are... Steve did well!

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12678

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea

I can. Alot of people don't no who the guy in the glass is, great local player back in the day and now local business owner.

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you did the auction including people here too you might get more for it.

Not sure how i could pull that off Lenny. I do plan on building a custom frame for it. Its just stuck in a cheapo i got from wally that partially obscures some of the names.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Not sure how i could pull that off Lenny. I do plan on building a custom frame for it. Its just stuck in a cheapo i got from wally that partially obscures some of the names.

Just do a live bid in a thread and let people bid until a certain time before you close it off. Maybe give 2 minutes with no reply with a higher bid and the last guy gets it at the deadline time. I assure you that you would raise more money on here most likely over the poolroom but you could do both and let people know there that you have an online bidder for whatever it is and they can see it with their own two eyes. :)

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
its always heart warming to learn of good deeds
steve booth has done a tremedous job at 1p.org and as demonstrated in your post a great guy.........:thumbup:
i hope you raise alot of money
check your pm i would like to make a donation....:smile:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very, very nice. Good going, Steve! I think Steve Booth should be in the Hall of Fame. :cool:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why the :cool: in your post ??

If you put your cursor on that smiley face, where it says "Smiles" to the right side of the message window when posting, you can see that the definition means "cool." :)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 345

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks jam for the clarification
i always thought those blue faces were meant to be sarcastic

JAM

AzB Silver Member