Open invitation to all for pool at my place.

Pjaze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an open invitation for anyone on these forums to come play pool at my house.

Only catch is I live in Perth, Western Australia. I am pretty sure I have one of the only home American Style tables in Western Australia. And I only know of 3 pool halls that have one, two places with 1 table, and one place with 3 tables.

I want to learn from better players, but it seems there is no one in my state to play (Better or worse), so if anyone is in Perth for a holiday and thinks they can teach me a thing or two, drop me a pm.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
This is an open invitation for anyone on these forums to come play pool at my house.

Only catch is I live in Perth, Western Australia. I am pretty sure I have one of the only home American Style tables in Western Australia. And I only know of 3 pool halls that have one, two places with 1 table, and one place with 3 tables.

I want to learn from better players, but it seems there is no one in my state to play (Better or worse), so if anyone is in Perth for a holiday and thinks they can teach me a thing or two, drop me a pm.

I'm going to bookmark this link for future reference as the wife is dreaming about an Australian vacation.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
i played pool in perth.

I found a pool hall in perth that had n american style pool table in it when i was there in 2002. That was the year the brothel was shut down for the first time in its history and they blame it on our carrier group. If im ever back there I'll take you up on that offer.

Jaden

Pjaze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to bookmark this link for future reference as the wife is dreaming about an Australian vacation.

It is a great place for a holiday, miles of beautiful beaches, great weather, good restaurants and cafes, very relaxed atmosphere.

Only downsides are that it is pretty expensive, and in the height of summer it is not unusual for weeks of +35°c (95f).

I have a 9 foot table, with simonis cloth, fairly tight pockets, super aramith pro balls, and 2 predator z² cues.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

This would be a great experience for Americans but Perth is usually off the beaten American tourist path which is mainly Melbourne, Sydney, Cairns, and Ayers Rock. Don't be surprised if somebody shows up - I once played a gentleman from AZ in Shanghai on a challenge match!

I noticed the lack of pool in Australia - I found some English 8 ball tables in Sydney a few years ago, blacklights and all. We were there during the Melbourne Cup - what a wild party! I think \Sydney is right up there with Paris as far as world's greatest cities to visit. Just loved it.

I really enjoyed Australia - my favorite part was my wife and I rented a 4 wheel drive and went through the outback between Uluru and Alice Springs - on the aboriginal land unpaved roads. We did not see another vehicle for hours and hours. It is so deserted, there is very little here in the US to compare but maybe Arizona and New Mexico. The wildlife and natural sights are amazing, 2nd to none really.

Great offer!

Chris

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member

Hell Pjaze, I live right in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, an area teeming with poolplayers, and I can't get anyone on here to come to my house and play some pool with me either :(. I'll even set out my bottle of Crown Royal for anyone that comes over!!!

Maniac (maybe I need a shower?)

DA\/E

G'Day Pjaze.

Don't stress, your not the only Aussie that drops by this forum. I'm on the east coast, so even for me dropping by for a couple of racks is a bit of a hike.

Out of interest, I have had a 9' Brunswick at home since the mid 90s, and have been building my own pool cues since around the turn of the century (lol) cause in days before everyone had internet and e-bay etc it was virtually impossible to get pool cues / 2.25" balls here.

Cheers - DA\/E.

Pjaze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hell Pjaze, I live right in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, an area teeming with poolplayers, and I can't get anyone on here to come to my house and play some pool with me either :(. I'll even set out my bottle of Crown Royal for anyone that comes over!!!

Maniac (maybe I need a shower?)

This actually makes me feel a bit better haha

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I'm in Canada. Maybe I'll drop in some weekend.
Thanks for the invite.

As long as you don't keep any of those nasty King Browns as pets.

Me don't likes snakes all that much.