Open-Letter to AZB

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
An open-letter in response to an e-mail to me by AZB Moderator...

Dear AZB@azbilliards.com

I have been cut from my side and I can not say anything anymore pertaining to an affiliation I no longer have. I kept quiet as I have decided to resolve things offline than join this word war. There are things that you do not know, specially those promises "I" supposedly have made 100%. But making my rebuttal will not resolve anything as it will just be an unending he says I says and unnecessary and uncivilized exchange of mud. That is why I have decided to do resolution quietly, diplomatically while the whole world burn me at the stake. More words, more mistake, I believe in that. Resolution is the best way. This was an internal matter and I am resolving it internally. For the record, I am already in the process, almost done and the result would be zero accountability for the cuemaker whom I used to be affiliated with. If I missed out somebody, please let us settle internally.

As for the scamming accusation, everyone has freewill to believe what he wants to believe. I have consulted legal experts already and the reason why there are so many scammers in the internet is because, legally there is no hold. And the amount involved would never warrant inter-country litigation. Simply, they could just disappear and get away. But I didn't. I was resolving issues even if it cost me much. Scamming means taking money WITHOUT the intention of reciprocating its value at the time payment was received. For the record, I have shipped more than a hundred cues overseas, that does not count my local shipments. To be exact that is 137 cues in all overseas. I have all the documents to prove it.

Photo0126.jpg
Photo0129.jpg

A scammer wouldn't boast such a record of successful deliveries in just a span of 2 years - in just 2 years so to speak. Let's talk about money. I would say that yes, there were a few cues above $500 but mostly are below $500. Shipping I shoulder of around US$80-100 as I only ship by the best courier available. I shoulder also some incremental expenses like the 3x5 Universal Cases I have given, the other free cases I provide as marketing bonuses, the expenses I incur in shipping the cues, the packaging, gasoline and parking fees going to DHL and FedEx, internet and manpower cost to maintain/update website, etc. This is business and not charity, I need to cover my expenses too. Going back, I could safely say that the average selling price would be US$450, which is rational as you could see all the prices I have posted. US$450 x 137 cues is US$61,650. In Philippine money that is Php2,712,600 at the exchange rate of US$1:php44. This is business, not charity. We all have to make money somehow. But even if I had 30-35% cut to cover my expenses and of course a bit something for myself to compensate my efforts, did I gain advantageously? You do the math. I should be driving a new BMW now if I wished to scam.

You may believe what you want to believe and anybody can say what they want to say, but numbers do not lie. 137 successful cue shipments overseas in just 2 years is no joke and not a simple feat to accomplish. It takes a lot of heart and character and trustworthiness to do such a thing.

Yes, people have shortcomings, but doesn't everybody? I have always admitted faults whenever. My priority and course of action was to resolve diplomatically. This was an internal matter and it should have been left at that.

I do very well understand that it would be difficult for me to rebound on this, but I have been receiving also sentiments and support, specially from those whom I have serviced in good faith, yes, more than a hundred of them and more. And it would be unfair for them for me to stop servicing and not continue to provide them with good quality cues for a better value for your money. In time I will be back, but not as a cuemaker supporter, but as an individual trader. That way there is only one channel: You as a customer and ME as the seller. I will never involve any other person anymore and I won't take the heat for anyone anymore and I won't cover for anyone anymore. I will also take a hard lesson from this incident and will make a major change in payment policies. This time, it will just be finished cues for the meantime as I have a 100% NO DELAY record in finished cues deliveries. Then most importantly, all customers will not pay upfront the cost of the cue. Buyers will just send US$80 flat rate to cover shipping - I ship the cue. When customer receives the cue, they pay. Simple. It is a very high risk for me, but if it is a good way to protect the customers, it has to be done. 137 times they have trusted me, 137 times and more i will trust them back. Also, I will be registering my trading company in the Securities & Exchange Commission so my business would be legal and legit. I will be issuing Government-Issued Invoices and Official Receipts, so all of you may have at least a legal hold on any untoward incident. No more undocumented transactions.

For AZB, I wish to extend my sincere apologies as this was supposed to be an internal matter. This ruckus has no room in this prestigious forum.

This has been a business issue and never a product issue. I ask of you all to continue patronizing products which you feel are a good value for your money. The products I carry are those whom I believe in, and for more than 2 years I believed in a product which has international quality and one of the best, maybe if not the best, in marquetry and craftsmanship. Products has nothing to do with this issue. Whatever differences we still have to settle, we will do it internally and please let us be in that aspect.

Business world is harsh, but it is part of the game. Even big companies close, big companies split, some go bankrupt, some do mergers. But at the end of the day, how you get over the hurdles is what makes you continue and be stronger.

Sgd.

Les Lacson

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
An open-letter in response to an e-mail to me by AZB Moderator...

Dear AZB@azbilliards.com

I have been cut from my side and I can not say anything anymore pertaining to an affiliation I no longer have. I kept quiet as I have decided to resolve things offline than join this word war. There are things that you do not know, specially those promises "I" supposedly have made 100%. But making my rebuttal will not resolve anything as it will just be an unending he says I says and unnecessary and uncivilized exchange of mud. That is why I have decided to do resolution quietly, diplomatically while the whole world burn me at the stake. More words, more mistake, I believe in that. Resolution is the best way. This was an internal matter and I am resolving it internally. For the record, I am already in the process, almost done and the result would be zero accountability for the cuemaker whom I used to be affiliated with. If I missed out somebody, please let us settle internally.

As for the scamming accusation, everyone has freewill to believe what he wants to believe. I have consulted legal experts already and the reason why there are so many scammers in the internet is because, legally there is no hold. And the amount involved would never warrant inter-country litigation. Simply, they could just disappear and get away. But I didn't. I was resolving issues even if it cost me much. Scamming means taking money WITHOUT the intention of reciprocating its value at the time payment was received. For the record, I have shipped more than a hundred cues overseas, that does not count my local shipments. To be exact that is 137 cues in all overseas. I have all the documents to prove it.

Photo0126.jpg
Photo0129.jpg

A scammer wouldn't boast such a record of successful deliveries in just a span of 2 years - in just 2 years so to speak. Let's talk about money. I would say that yes, there were a few cues above $500 but mostly are below $500. Shipping I shoulder of around US$80-100 as I only ship by the best courier available. I shoulder also some incremental expenses like the 3x5 Universal Cases I have given, the other free cases I provide as marketing bonuses, the expenses I incur in shipping the cues, the packaging, gasoline and parking fees going to DHL and FedEx, internet and manpower cost to maintain/update website, etc. This is business and not charity, I need to cover my expenses too. Going back, I could safely say that the average selling price would be US$450, which is rational as you could see all the prices I have posted. US$450 x 137 cues is US$61,650. In Philippine money that is Php2,712,600 at the exchange rate of US$1:php44. This is business, not charity. We all have to make money somehow. But even if I had 30-35% cut to cover my expenses and of course a bit something for myself to compensate my efforts, did I gain advantageously? You do the math. I should be driving a new BMW now if I wished to scam.

You may believe what you want to believe and anybody can say what they want to say, but numbers do not lie. 137 successful cue shipments overseas in just 2 years is no joke and not a simple feat to accomplish. It takes a lot of heart and character and trustworthiness to do such a thing.

Yes, people have shortcomings, but doesn't everybody? I have always admitted faults whenever. My priority and course of action was to resolve diplomatically. This was an internal matter and it should have been left at that.

I do very well understand that it would be difficult for me to rebound on this, but I have been receiving also sentiments and support, specially from those whom I have serviced in good faith, yes, more than a hundred of them and more. And it would be unfair for them for me to stop servicing and not continue to provide them with good quality cues for a better value for your money. In time I will be back, but not as a cuemaker supporter, but as an individual trader. That way there is only one channel: You as a customer and ME as the seller. I will never involve any other person anymore and I won't take the heat for anyone anymore and I won't cover for anyone anymore. I will also take a hard lesson from this incident and will make a major change in payment policies. This time, it will just be finished cues for the meantime as I have a 100% NO DELAY record in finished cues deliveries. Then most importantly, all customers will not pay upfront the cost of the cue. Buyers will just send US$80 flat rate to cover shipping - I ship the cue. When customer receives the cue, they pay. Simple. It is a very high risk for me, but if it is a good way to protect the customers, it has to be done. 137 times they have trusted me, 137 times and more i will trust them back. Also, I will be registering my trading company in the Securities & Exchange Commission so my business would be legal and legit. I will be issuing Government-Issued Invoices and Official Receipts, so all of you may have at least a legal hold on any untoward incident. No more undocumented transactions.

For AZB, I wish to extend my sincere apologies as this was supposed to be an internal matter. This ruckus has no room in this prestigious forum.

This has been a business issue and never a product issue. I ask of you all to continue patronizing products which you feel are a good value for your money. The products I carry are those whom I believe in, and for more than 2 years I believed in a product which has international quality and one of the best, maybe if not the best, in marquetry and craftsmanship. Products has nothing to do with this issue. Whatever differences we still have to settle, we will do it internally and please let us be in that aspect.

Business world is harsh, but it is part of the game. Even big companies close, big companies split, some go bankrupt, some do mergers. But at the end of the day, how you get over the hurdles is what makes you continue and be stronger.

Sgd.

Les Lacson

Les,

You received money and orders from AZ Billiards members.

- What do you plan to do about refunding them, or delivering their cues?

- Do you currently have the funds available to pay for their cues or refunds?

I agree that your expenses should be covered in your arrangement with Bautista. However, whatever your fee arrangement is with Bautista Cues, it's should not involve withholding the funds or orders from AZ Billiards members.

Chris

Last edited:

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
Chris,

All of those customers (which are around 5-6 only, not so many as insinuated) I have already spoken personally and made arrangements wherein both parties agreed positively. What I was prioritizing during my silence was resolving the pendings, customer-wise. At the end of the day, what I was aiming for is that there will be nobody who will be chasing the cuemaker who I was previously affiliated with. Simple to say, who will chase you when there are no more pending orders supposedly under your responsibility? I hope you get what I mean. I have pulled out the orders which I am accountable for so in simple terms, the cuemaker has no more responsibility nor any concern for them. The customer has no more business with them and vise-versa. I am doing everything I can to resolve the issue offline. Whatever my arrangements with my customers whom I came to an agreement with, I am sure you will understand it is our own private business already sir. Again, whatever differences there is left for me with the former cuemaker, I am settling internally.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have agreed to have my cue built by the new cuemaker as les promised that he is as good as bautista and it will be finished within 3 months from now. i will wait for updates and might post em here too if les doesnt do it himself.

would be interesting to hear the other guys opinions though....

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Chris,

All of those customers (which are around 5-6 only, not so many as insinuated) I have already spoken personally and made arrangements wherein both parties agreed positively. What I was prioritizing during my silence was resolving the pendings, customer-wise. At the end of the day, what I was aiming for is that there will be nobody who will be chasing the cuemaker who I was previously affiliated with. Simple to say, who will chase you when there are no more pending orders supposedly under your responsibility? I hope you get what I mean. I have pulled out the orders which I am accountable for so in simple terms, the cuemaker has no more responsibility nor any concern for them. The customer has no more business with them and vise-versa. I am doing everything I can to resolve the issue offline. Whatever my arrangements with my customers whom I came to an agreement with, I am sure you will understand it is our own private business already sir. Again, whatever differences there is left for me with the former cuemaker, I am settling internally.

Thank you for the reply. Please do everything you can to resolve these issues with AZ Billiards members.

Chris

Last edited:

sengkun108

sengkun108
Silver Member
OK Les...please let me make it simple about your letter and below i will comment your point with a word on "Bold". I hope everyone can understand my language.

Your point is :

1. You want to settle your problem with your customer privately and you promise to responsibilty with your action.

That's a good thing for everyone

2. You have a 137 HAPPY CUSTOMER.

i'm sorry.. Yes you have 137 customer and you can prove it with the all that paper. But the question is does the 137 your customer happy with your work? does the 137 your customer happy with your time line. That's a different thing i guess..I for sure is NOT YOUR HAPPY CUSTOMER.

3. You are not a scam. and you put a logical thought about the 61000 $..

Ok, i can understand your point...but, there are many kind of scam..
A. thief, the one who ripped the customer money and never deliver a cue.
B. The one who is missed every deadline he promises and put the money on invesment..I don't know how to spell it in english. so i will make an example.
Jack is a representative for a bob cue. Jack require a customer to pay upfront or at least 50% Down payment (let say 50% is $ 50,000 . Jack promise the customer 5 month delivered time. Jack put the $ 50,000 on deposit for 8 month. After 8 month Jack gain a profit for 5% from 50,000 $ ($2,500) and start to order the cue to Bob. Bob finish for 6 month. the customer receive the cue after 9 month late. What do you american call this kind of man.

I hope you are not that kind of man Les.. i really hope so. please forgive my "negative mind"...i really mean it.. but i have to write it here in this forum for every one to analysis.

3. You said you got fee 30-35% from selling bebot product (if i'm wrong please correct me)

But, i believe you told me that "You are not working to bebot and you don't get any profit from selling bebot cue" that you just help bebot as your friend and you admire bebot work and want help the poor cuemaker. that is what you said to me in the email you sent. That you want me to understand your jobless situation, that you can not reply my message fast because you are in position to find a job for you to make a living, that you got nothing profit from bebot and just help the old man. so, what is exactly going on. i confuse.

4. that in the future, you want to sell cue and not taking order and you need the customer pay shipping cost 80-100$ upfront.

well.....i don't know what to say.. good luck maybe

PS : i need to write this comment, just because i think that, we (a future customer) need to clear about the situation and have to know exactly what is happen between Les and bebot.

Best
Dedy:)

DeHouser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris,

You haven't contacted me...

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I have agreed to have my cue built by the new cuemaker as les promised that he is as good as bautista

So, you took the cue orders on Bebot's behalf, then when the s hit hits the fan, you are referring the remaining orders to a new cue maker?

And Bebot gets screwed, is this correct?

What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

Good luck with your new venture. I like Bebot and his work is outstanding as far as I am concerned.
Someday I will own one of his cues.

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least he is responding and seems to be trying to resolve the situation.

Hopefully everything gets resolved quickly as possible.

Russ........

skidrow

Registered
Hi Les, Zac here. Can I then request for a refund for the cue I ordered? Plan to use the money for my studies instead. Hope to resolve this peacefully as gentlemen. Looking forward to your response.

vicieyem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry to hear this sad story..:(

i admire bebot's work and i hope his cues will continue success internationally.

as for les, i dont know him personally but i had a little chat with him inquiring about bebot's cue before, and have seen him countless times in pool halls. He seemed to be a nice guy and I hope he can straighten things out asap.

I wish this will turn out favorably to everyone involved.

sengkun108

sengkun108
Silver Member
Hi les...

can you comment my post above..

and last question? where is exactly the customer money? are the money in your pocket or you already sent the money to bebot. i believe this is a simple question?

If the money is in your pocket...well, i guess you the one who responsible with this mess. please refund it to your customer. it's never good to hold someone money.

but, if you can prove that you already sent it to bebot and order the cue. then bebot is the one who responsible with this mess. i believe many member here won't make it difficult for you.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know the whole story obviously. But it just reminds me of how weird people can get when money is involved. I've lost a couple of "friends" after I loaned them money. Integrity can go out the window when money is involved. Why that is I will never figure out. As for me, I'm kind of funny. If I owe someone money, I will go looking for them to pay them. And I have. :thumbup:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know the whole story obviously. But it just reminds me of how weird people can get when money is involved. I've lost a couple of "friends" after I loaned them money. Integrity can go out the window when money is involved. Why that is I will never figure out. As for me, I'm kind of funny. If I owe someone money, I will go looking for them to pay them. And I have. :thumbup:

jay, it all depends on how responsible a person you are dealing with. I used to loan money to "friends" to help them out. I will not loan any longer unless I get collateral. Like you, I pay my debts!!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I have agreed to have my cue built by the new cuemaker as les promised that he is as good as bautista

Hey, maybe you'll get lucky and get a cue from Worx or Audrick.

Genuine snake skin wraps and all. 1000 plus inlays.
You be pimp daddy blingin out at the hall wit yo homies bro.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
jay, it all depends on how responsible a person you are dealing with. I used to loan money to "friends" to help them out. I will not loan any longer unless I get collateral. Like you, I pay my debts!!

LoL reminds me of someone I know. He was scraping by and asked if I could loan him a little money. I handed him $150 which I thought would hold him while I was visiting him in Ohio. I about blew my top the very next day when he asked me for more money.

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
Just to clear things about my setup with the cuemaker I have previous affiliation with, our relationship was never an employee-employer relationship. I did not receive a salary and it was all based on trust and confidence. I take orders and I submit them. 137 shipments, I submitted, paid in full. For a reason, I failed to submit an order and the cuemaker definitely didn't know that order. It was a hard decision I made and I have to live with it. Cuemaker has no responsibility on orders he didn't know of. Jim Murphy was my responsibility. It was not the cuemaker's responsibility. So it is my responsibility and I took steps in resolving the issue. As I have said, I have resolved most of it and I have taken full accountability on all my customers. Whatever differences I still have left, I am settling internally.

Also, please understand I have mentioned that I never discounted the product. I have put effort and believed in Bebot Custom Cues for years and I will never discount the quality and craftsmanship. I was a personal witness to its greatness. I must admit, there might never be better in terms of design execution at least in my time. But as I move on, in time, I hope to at least introduce other hidden talents also, but bringing with me all the lessons I have learned from this incident. Success can never be achieved, nor failure can never be realized, if one does not try. I will try again. This will be the last I will say on this issue and I will focus my efforts in my resolutions and in making changes for the better so I won't make the same mistake.

Sgd.

Les

Last edited:

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

hello Jay

just lend me the money :wink:

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, maybe you'll get lucky and get a cue from Worx or Audrick.

Genuine snake skin wraps and all. 1000 plus inlays.
You be pimp daddy blingin out at the hall wit yo homies bro.

I don´t think it will be that low of quality. If it would be les can be sure to have it sent right back to him and i am sure he knows that too.