Opinion's on the OB Break cue

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am strongly considering giving one of these a try ! After watching John Morra destroy many racks with this break cue I was impressed to say the least :eek:

I would like to hear opinions on this new break cue .

Thanks ... Larry :)

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have hit with several of the OB Breaks now, even with some early prototypes and they all were fabulous cues. You CANNOT go wrong with it, especially considering they do not use a phenolic tip which is now banned by the BCA.

I highly recommend this cue and it will almost certainly be my next cue purchase. Unless I win the lottery, then I'm buying a SW. :thumbup:

Myrtle_04

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Royce had a booth while I was in vegas while I was there for BCA Nationals. The weight wasn't right for me, but the hit felt good.

RBC

Deceased
Well Myrtle, the weight is adjustable!

we can go from 17.5 up to 20.5 pretty easy.

For those that will be at the APA starting later this week, look us up. We will have them there!

We also just put up the information and flyer on the website, www.obcues.com

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
Hello Royce,

I noticed that the OB Break on the flyer that is posted on your website looks different from the model pic on Seyberts and another online retailer. It appears that the model on your flyer has the customary maple rings on the bottom butt of the cue, also found on your players. Do the new models of the OB Break indeed have these rings? I think it does make the cue look alittle more interesting or recognizable.
Royce will you be introducing a wrap option in the future? I myself would buy an OB Break for sure if a wrap option was availabe.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Royce,

I noticed that the OB Break on the flyer that is posted on your website looks different from the model pic on Seyberts and another online retailer. It appears that the model on your flyer has the customary maple rings on the bottom butt of the cue, also found on your players. Do the new models of the OB Break indeed have these rings? I think it does make the cue look alittle more interesting or recognizable.
Royce will you be introducing a wrap option in the future? I myself would buy an OB Break for sure if a wrap option was availabe.

i was thinking it'd be a good alternative for those of us who like to play with 13mm tips or just wanted a stiffer ld shaft

RBC

Deceased
Hello Royce,

Jaw,

Yes, The Break Cue has gone through a cosmetic change. The very first were gray and did not have our logo or our signature ring. Currently, they are all high gloss black with our ring in the butt cap and our logo in gold. Our dealers will be updating their websites and advertising shortly. And yes, they do look very nice!

As far as the wraps go, yes we will be offering wraps. Right now, we are busy filling back orders with the standard non wrapped models but we will also have a model with linen, and a special model with a rubber grip if all goes well. Our rubber grip is different. Instead of a proprietary grip that would be difficult to replace when it gets worn out, which will happen! Ours will be easily replaced by most competent cuesmiths! We will release more on that as it becomes available.

Go to our website, www.obcues.com to see the new look and get an explanation about the technology.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

RBC

Deceased
i was thinking it'd be a good alternative for those of us who like to play with 13mm tips or just wanted a stiffer ld shaft

Poolplayer,

Yes, the Break shaft can be a good playing shaft!

It is much stiffer, 13mm, and it does deflect the cue ball a little more, but if that is what you are after, call us. I can put our Everest playing tip on one for you.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

Pjurcia

Banned
Royce,
I have a nice break cue. I was thinking about replacing just the shaft. Will I still get the full (or most of it) benefit of the break cue in just adding the shaft to my cue?
I put an OB 1 on my mcdermott playing cue and I love it. I was wondering if I could do the same with the break cue.
Patrick

RBC

Deceased
Pjurcia,

You can certainly get most of the benefit, but it depends on the handle you put it on. A couple of the guys in our shop first put the break shaft on their current break cues and were very happy with it. But, now that they have the whole cue, they like it much better.

Suffice it to say that our Break Shaft works very well on most any decent cue, but it works better on our break cue. Take a look at our website for an explanation of the technology. www.obcues.com

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
Hello All,

I have had this break shaft for about 6 months and I'll never consider anything else. I gave it up for a Predator BK2 and never looked back. If you like a nice solid hit, get this cue. It's also made well
and the customer service is unparalleled. Believe me, you will not be disappointed with this cue!

Thanks

Dan

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
Jaw,

Yes, The Break Cue has gone through a cosmetic change. The very first were gray and did not have our logo or our signature ring. Currently, they are all high gloss black with our ring in the butt cap and our logo in gold. Our dealers will be updating their websites and advertising shortly. And yes, they do look very nice!

As far as the wraps go, yes we will be offering wraps. Right now, we are busy filling back orders with the standard non wrapped models but we will also have a model with linen, and a special model with a rubber grip if all goes well. Our rubber grip is different. Instead of a proprietary grip that would be difficult to replace when it gets worn out, which will happen! Ours will be easily replaced by most competent cuesmiths! We will release more on that as it becomes available.

Go to our website, www.obcues.com to see the new look and get an explanation about the technology.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

Thank you for the response Royce and I look forward to the wrap option as I will probably pick one up. Royce is the deflection on the low end as per the BK2 because if so, that would still make the shaft a pretty low deflection player. I currently play with a FAT shaft because I like a stiffer shaft but at 13.20mm it may be unnecessarily thick, so the OB Break shaft may be a good option if it's still low deflection. Still wish you guys did custom tapers / orders :(

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am strongly considering giving one of these a try ! After watching John Morra destroy many racks with this break cue I was impressed to say the least :eek:

I would like to hear opinions on this new break cue .

Thanks ... Larry :)

Hey Larry, I just watched Johnny destroy some racks myself at the 2009 Canadian National 9-Ball championships that just started today, he was making 3 and 4 consistantly!

OB Cues would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate Johnny on his recent win at the 2009 Canadian 8-Ball Championships. Well done Johnny!

On another note, all 85 lbs of me just made 4 on the break for the first time!

Grace Nakamura-Babcock

Last edited:

RBC

Deceased
Poolplayer,

List price is $235.00. Just like all our cue shafts.

Look around though. You may find an Authorized Retail Dealer with a better deal!

Having said that I do need to mention something. We stand behind our products 100%. But, our warranty is to the original purchaser from an "Authorized Retail Dealer". Obviously, you can get an updated list of our Direct Retail Dealers from our website, but there are many dealers out there who purchase from our Distributors. We don't have access to those so we can't list them, but they are considered an "Authorized Retail Dealer".

The reason I mention this is that there have been a few offers of great deals on OB cue shafts lately. From what I can tell, these were not purchased through us, and were not purchased from one of our Distributors. These cue shafts would not be covered by our warranty.

Thanks!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

IplayBAD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OB Cues has really out done themselves with this break cue. When John Morra was through the Quad Cities to play Jesse I was able to break about 20 racks with his ob break cue. In my opinion and I have broken about the same number of racks with a BK2 the ob cue definately out performs it. I find that I have more control of the cue ball from any position that I broke from, it is definately worth the money for any player to pick up one of these and Morra will absolutely swear by his.

iowa_player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to thank everyone for their input .
Big thanks to Royce for answering all the questions .

Anyone else have any experience with this new break cue ?

Thanks again :)

Larry