Paper stuck in case?

iateyourlunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I made a mistake and accidentaly jammed some paper into the bottom of my cue case. Does any one have any ideas on how to get it out?

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
Maybe use a metal hanger to fish it out. Or something long enough that you can hook the paper with.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
How about a wire clothes hanger or one of those tools that have a long wire and a hook and you pull hook open and grab paper... Maybe someone knows a better way but this might work...

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I made a mistake and accidentaly jammed some paper into the bottom of my cue case. Does any one have any ideas on how to get it out?

Not enough info. Depending on the case, the best route/method varies. Sometimes removing the bottom is the best way, other times fishing it out might be best.
But the first advice I would give you is to turn it upside down and shake it like hell before you consider disassembling the case or other methods. Sometimes you get lucky and if its not wedged too bad it will come out.
Chuck

iateyourlunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a 3x4 jb rugged and the shake like Hell method was unsuccessful. I'm hesitant to go fishing with a coat hanger because of the risk of damaging the liner.

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Acquire a wooden dowel about a 5/8ths" or so, Drill a small hole in the center of one end of it. screw in a double threaded toilet mounting screw (wood screw on both sides) Lower it into the cases and gently turn it enough to grab onto the paper then pull it out.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
How jammed in there is the paper? If you're afraid of scratching the liner, get a hanger or a stick, put a few dabs of superglue on the end and stick in it there. Wait for it to dry and just pull everything out...

Banikane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bubble gum on the end of a string, hasn't anybody ever watched little house on the prairie?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Contact John to before trying this as he would of course know the best way, but Im pretty sure the entire guts of the case slides out of the nylon shell. The guts are open on both ends, so its just a matter of shoving the obstruction out. Again, email John to be safe before you go tugging on the guts.
And just an FYI, I wouldnt shove anything sharp or sticky in this style of interior. It can easily be snagged and torn from trying to dig something out with anything sharp. Remember its foam backed fabric, not kevlar.
Chuck

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might try a 'blower' pistol grip....automotive/machine shop blower.

Fashion a long extension (1/4 inch copper tubing) with proper nuts/ferrules to blow gun.

Turn down air pressure coming from the shop compressor.

Insert extended blower end into clogged tube. Carefully blow. with luck it will dislodge the crammed paper or shred it and blow it out.

This may be the last option to be considered. Damage to tube lining could occur.

If the conservative methods don't work and this tamed down airgun method don't either, and you have already decided you are buying a new case....turn the air pressure back up to 150-175 psi, and blow the sh1t out of that b1tch. Plug that tube at the middle and then sell it on Ebay as a rare 3x5 with a tuble dedicated to your jump handle.:):)

Experience is the hard lesson teacher..:angry::angry:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just spoke with John. Pull the nails at the bottom very carefully. The bottom comes out, then you can shove the obstruction out from top to the now opened bottom. Then replace the bottom and re nail.
Chuck

slip

Banned

go to youtube
watch john barton cue case videos

he shows how to remove the entire interior of cue case, lining, tubes, pro-lite, including the oval pvc cylinder.