Paypal question

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
asiasdad said:
be patient, your turn will come :cool:

if its a substancial amount of money then I would withdraw it using my paypal debit card and then if they charge it back the worst that could happen is they investigate and find Im in the right and possibly close my account.

I guess my view on it is you are going to have low lifes and scammers in pretty much every type of transaction. Just be cautious and outsmarting the scammer is pretty easy.

Last edited:

trueblu8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:
Ive had about 100 paypal transactions and have never had the first problem.
Why not just use your paypal mastercard and withdraw the money at an ATM if you are worried about it being a scam, then ship the cue and get all the proper receipts? He might reverse it then and it would leave you with a negative balance, but you have all the documentation and Im sure it would hold up in their investigation or in court for that matter.
Why in the world would you want to have to go through all that? Sounds like a big headache, and risky to me.

asiasdad

Banned
corvette1340 said:
if its a substancial amount of money then I would withdraw it using my paypal debit card and then if they charge it back the worst that could happen is they investigate and find Im in the right and possibly close my account.

I guess my view on it is you are going to have low lifes and scammers in pretty much every type of transaction. Just be cautious and outsmarting the scammer is pretty easy.

I've already lived this movie, and it is not remotely worth the grief
to deal with paypal, and yes my account is closed.

You are more than welcome to come to this conclusion the hard way'
if you wish.

one more time for the hearing impaired:

www.paypalsucks.com

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
trueblu8 said:
Why in the world would you want to have to go through all that? Sounds like a big headache, and risky to me.

I wouldn't want to go through all that and never have, knock on wood, but I would be damn sure I got my money before they froze my account. Paypal is the easiest way to do things on ebay and between two individuals and thats why I use it. I haven't got time to go and get money orders and send unnecessary checks and what not, so I choose to go through paypal.

beopool

Registered
Yes you were lucky and became smart the right time. :))
We can all thanks AZ members for many things. I think everyone here got at least one good information.
O.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
You are either One or the Other .....

corvette1340 said:
Ive had about 100 paypal transactions and have never had the first problem.
Why not just use your paypal mastercard and withdraw the money at an ATM if you are worried about it being a scam, then ship the cue and get all the proper receipts? He might reverse it then and it would leave you with a negative balance, but you have all the documentation and Im sure it would hold up in their investigation or in court for that matter.

If you take PayPal as a Seller, you have either BEEN Screwed by PayPal or WILL be Screwed by PayPal ... I had a Premier Account since "day one" with hundreds of Sales ... HOWEVER, the day finally came when PayPal turned on me and stole $1275.00 from my account (and froze it for 30 days) because a Dead-Beat Buyer decided he didn't really want my Cue and purposely damaged it to get his money back ... The Cue was Like New when shipped securely in a Tube and 36 hours after receipt the A**hole emailed me to say the Cue was broken and he wanted a full refund ... PayPal sided with him without even having the Cue inspected by the Maker or recognized expert and reversed the Credit Card charge ... They even told him he didn't have to send the Cue back because I "mis-represented" it ... I called the P**ck and said I was flying to his place of business to get my Cue and he immediately shipped it back by Fed-Ex Overnight ... I sent the Cue to the Maker and he stated to me that the Cue had deliberately been broken and was beyond repair ... Replacement cost was $2200.00, but he agreed to make another for $1000.00 + shipping ... I now have the New Cue and my total cost for that Cue was $3200.00 ...

Bottom Line : I closed my PayPal account and now accept Cashier's Checks, M.O.'s, Western Union, and Personal Checks (USA only) ... It hasn't hurt my sales one bit and I highly recommend the same to other Sellers out there, ESPECIALLY those who sell on eBay ... They DO NOT protect their Sellers in any way, shape, or form and now won't allow the Seller to post Negative Feedback for Buyers, even when they are deadbeats ...

PAYPAL truly DOES SUCK !!!!

Last edited:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
You are SO wrong ....

corvette1340 said:

If you withdraw the money from your account before they freeze it, PayPal will post a Negative Balance to your account and WILL prosecute you in Court for any and all monies they determine is coming to them + Court costs ...

Like ASIASDAD said : "What part of PAYPAL SUCKS don't you understand" ... ???

Last edited:

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Str8PoolPlayer said:
If you take PayPal as a Seller, you have either BEEN Screwed by PayPal or WILL be Screwed by PayPal ... I had a Premier Account since "day one" with hundreds of Sales ... HOWEVER, the day finally came when PayPal turned on me and stole $1275.00 from my account (and froze it for 30 days) because a Dead-Beat Buyer decided he didn't really want my Cue and purposely damaged it to get his money back ... The Cue was Like New when shipped securely in a Tube and 36 hours after receipt the A**hole emailed me to say the Cue was broken and he wanted a full refund ... PayPal sided with him without even having the Cue inspected by the Maker or recognized expert and reversed the Credit Card charge ... They even told him he didn't have to send the Cue back because I "mis-represented" it ... I called the P**ck and said I was flying to his place of business to get my Cue and he immediately shipped it back by Fed-Ex Overnight ... I sent the Cue to the Maker and he stated to me that the Cue had deliberately been broken and was beyond repair ... Replacement cost was $2200.00, but he agreed to make another for $1000.00 + shipping ... I now have the New Cue and my total cost for that Cue was $3200.00 ...

Bottom Line : I closed my PayPal account and now accept Cashier's Checks, M.O.'s, Western Union, and Personal Checks (USA only) ... It hasn't hurt my sales one bit and I highly recommend the same to other Sellers out there, ESPECIALLY those who sell on eBay ... They DO NOT protect their Sellers in any way, shape, or form and now won't allow the Seller to post Negative Feedback for Buyers, even when they are deadbeats ...

PAYPAL truly DOES SUCK !!!!

the only things I have sold on ebay have been a few sets of golf clubs and a couple of old cars so probably 90% of my paypal transactions have been as the buyer. I might have a different tone if I was a fulltime seller, but I do know that when I buy something on ebay, which is pretty often, I won't buy it unless they take paypal because I'm not gonna take the time to go and purchase a money order or wait on a personal check to clear. Im all about instant gratification and the sooner the better.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Str8PoolPlayer said:
If you withdraw the money from your account before they freeze it, PayPal will post a Negative Balance to your account and WILL prosecute you in Court for any and all monies they determine is coming to them + Court costs ...

Like ASIASDAD said : "What part of PAYPAL SUCKS don't you understand" ... ???

lol, if paypal wants to take me to court when I have all the necessary documentation and have done nothing wrong then I would love it. I am the kind of person that will spend a few thousand just to prove a point. What part of " I don't care if you think paypal sucks, and will continue to use paypal " don't you understand?

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Str8PoolPlayer said:
"There's one born every minute" ...

lol, yeah, I guess I'm a sucker since I've never had a bad transaction on paypal. I guess I'm also a sucker since I prefer convenience. You were the one that got scammed, not me, so who is really the sucker?

our_auctionguy

The Wall.....
Silver Member
Would somebody just choke that stupid dancing chicken???

corvette1340 said:
lol, yeah, I guess I'm a sucker since I've never had a bad transaction on paypal. I guess I'm also a sucker since I prefer convenience. You were the one that got scammed, not me, so who is really the sucker?

If you use paypal and do a lot of transactions.... the probabilities that you are going to get stuck sometime in the future is a reality, however small it may be, it is very likely to happen one way or another when you do run into a SCHMUCK that you couldn't detect was a CREEP!

I quit PayUpPal a long time ago because their stupid login is tied to your email address after my ISP went out of business in the dot.com implosion, and I forgot my PayForItPal password since I only used it once in a great while and kept changing passwords for security reasons. So with no valid email address to receive my password info, they couldn't send me my old password and that account with my credit cards and banking info got locked into a limbo PayItOutTheArsePal account. I tried to open a new account and couldn't because they already had my banking accounts and CC allocated to the limbo account. No way to call them, no way to fix the problem, so I said good-bye and continued selling on eBay without issues requiring U.S. only sales and Postal Money Orders until very recently.

I now have a Paypal account because the Post office lost a money order payment I was making to another AZer and the AZer got frustrated waiting for the post office to find the money order which was sent with delivery signature confirmation, so I opened another PayItAndLoseItPal account to expedite our transaction and now live in fear whenever I accept PayItNowAndForeverPal, that I might be one of the next victims who gets completely and unadulteratedly SCREWED by their policy to make the Scam Artist happy. PayItBackPal doesn't lose a single night's sleep over it because they are not the one's losing the money in those situations. It is YOU and I, the Sellers that always will come up with the short end of the stick.

Hey T-Bird .... I mean Corvette, up until now I always thought you were kinda cool.... but now I am reaching for my Meat Cleaver..

Fried Chicken anyone?????:D

Bigjohn

Support Our Troops!
Silver Member
Ken_4fun said:
I have a cue listed here and on ebay. He has offered to buy it.

Should I just have him send MONEY ORDER. It is a overseas buyer. I have sold a cue to Singapore and it went flawless, but he was also a AZ member. Kylin on AZ, and I would recommend him without hessatation.

Kylin got nervous as it took about 7-10 days for him to get the cue, and I got nervous too as it seemed like a long time. But everything worked out.

HELP guys.

Ken

Whichever form of payment you decide to accept. DON'T ship that cue until you have $CASH$ in your hand! I have used Western Union on several overseas shipments with no problems. You can have your buyer send the money to a location near you and pick up your cash in a matter of minutes. Also, U.S. Postal money orders can be purchased abroad but also, can be faked. Be Careful and GoodLuck!

asiasdad

Banned
corvette1340 said:
lol, if paypal wants to take me to court when I have all the necessary documentation and have done nothing wrong then I would love it. I am the kind of person that will spend a few thousand just to prove a point. What part of " I don't care if you think paypal sucks, and will continue to use paypal " don't you understand?

You'd spend a few thousand + all that time in court to prove a point,
yet you won't take a few moments at the post office to buy a money order
to keep from needing to spend that few thousand and waste your time
in court :confused: :confused: :confused:

where I'm from, this is known as talking out ones azz.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
our_auctionguy said:
If you use paypal and do a lot of transactions.... the probabilities that you are going to get stuck sometime in the future is a reality, however small it may be, it is very likely to happen one way or another when you do run into a SCHMUCK that you couldn't detect was a CREEP!

I quit PayUpPal a long time ago because their stupid login is tied to your email address after my ISP went out of business in the dot.com implosion, and I forgot my PayForItPal password since I only used it once in a great while and kept changing passwords for security reasons. So with no valid email address to receive my password info, they couldn't send me my old password and that account with my credit cards and banking info got locked into a limbo PayItOutTheArsePal account. I tried to open a new account and couldn't because they already had my banking accounts and CC allocated to the limbo account. No way to call them, no way to fix the problem, so I said good-bye and continued selling on eBay without issues requiring U.S. only sales and Postal Money Orders until very recently.

I now have a Paypal account because the Post office lost a money order payment I was making to another AZer and the AZer got frustrated waiting for the post office to find the money order which was sent with delivery signature confirmation, so I opened another PayItAndLoseItPal account to expedite our transaction and now live in fear whenever I accept PayItNowAndForeverPal, that I might be one of the next victims who gets completely and unadulteratedly SCREWED by their policy to make the Scam Artist happy. PayItBackPal doesn't lose a single night's sleep over it because they are not the one's losing the money in those situations. It is YOU and I, the Sellers that always will come up with the short end of the stick.

Hey T-Bird .... I mean Corvette, up until now I always thought you were kinda cool.... but now I am reaching for my Meat Cleaver..

Fried Chicken anyone?????:D

why all the hostility towards me? I just simply said that I liked using paypal because it was convenient and I will continue to use it. I get a guy calling me a sucker and another wanting to use a meat cleaver on me because I like paypal. lol

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:
why all the hostility towards me? I just simply said that I liked using paypal because it was convenient and I will continue to use it. I get a guy calling me a sucker and another wanting to use a meat cleaver on me because I like paypal. lol

I wont' buy anything anywhere without paypal. UNLESS the seller want to pay me for my time and trouble going to the bank or post office, finding a parking place, standing in line (with the feet and leg problems I have), getting an envelope, writing down the sellers address, finding a stamp..... did I forget anything? No paypal ..... no sale to me.