Pin Size

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Does anyone have any idea what size the Segen pin is?
It looks like a radial, but it's smaller.
Anyone?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like a piloted Radial/ball pin too me.
You say it`s smaller, what do you mean by that?
Do you think it looks smaller or do you have a Segen cue and can measure the pin. If so do you mean it`s shorter or thinner in diameter?
The Radial pin is .302" in diameter (that`s the minor)
The pin should be 1.3" tall if it`s installed after Uni-Locs spesifications.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
It's like comparing a 3/8 X 14 to a 5/16 X 14.
They look the same until you see them side by side., the Segen is thinner, smaller.
It is piloted, but not a "normal" radial size

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
The Segen is on the left, the other cue is a Predator Roadline LE2

Attachments

• 20161128_175841.jpg
    20161128_175841.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 648

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They do look about the same diameter, but the threads and the way the pin is threaded looks different from Radial. Could this be a American ball pin?
Cuecomponents, Unique, cuesmith etc sells those...
Have you asked Segen?
If it`s their own proprietary thread (read bastard thread...) I salute them for confusing pool players even moore!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a joke - Kim bye said he saluted them for confusing pool players even more

Then I am in with you two.:withstupid::welcome::withstupid:

I bought the same brand of bike for the last 3I have ridden. French bike, Look is the make. Newest one I got is 2007. Now, you have to use a proprietary stem(300$), crankset(600), seatpost (300$).

In French, how you say, uhhh FLlCKtHAT!:angry:

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like a piloted Radial/ball pin too me.
You say it`s smaller, what do you mean by that?
Do you think it looks smaller or do you have a Segen cue and can measure the pin. If so do you mean it`s shorter or thinner in diameter?
The Radial pin is .302" in diameter (that`s the minor)
The pin should be 1.3" tall if it`s installed after Uni-Locs spesifications.

How can I tell if I have a radial pin?

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I contacted Even Clark , and he said the pin is exactly like a Radial except it is .340 .

I asked why , He said becouse thats the way he wanted it ,

I aid all we need is another Bastered Thread , That pissed him off .

Here was his reply .

Need less basement cue hackers .

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every single thread in cue making is a bastard thread except 5/16-18. Some stay around and become popular. Others have short lives or only one cue maker uses them. But even the popular ones today, like the radial, all started out as bastards.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I contacted Even Clark , and he said the pin is exactly like a Radial except it is .340 .

I asked why , He said becouse thats the way he wanted it ,

I aid all we need is another Bastered Thread , That pissed him off .

Here was his reply .

Need less basement cue hackers .

Cue makers need to quit making shit that is proprietary unless they can keep up with all the "after-work" that may be needed by customers when they need something worked on or fixed.

Their "goofy-ass" weird pin combinations don't make the cues play any better and they only screw up the customer later on when they may want an extra shaft or something and the cue maker is too busy, too lazy, dead, or too much of an asshole to answer their calls and mails.

Nuff said.

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
They do look about the same diameter...

They look very noticeably different diameter to me. I guess this is just another example of how two people can look at the very same things and see it very differently.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I like it. Looks like it will:

Fits cases better than a radial pin butt.

Fits JPs without having to bottom drill with a brad point bit.

Less turns together and apart.

Do not know how or if it affects hit.

So long as you know the pin is a bastard when you spec the cue or before you buy off the rack.

cscott67

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evan is a very respectable person/cue maker.

Everyone has their own ideas about what is right and wrong in a cue design. He makes them, he is the master, so he decides what materials/config. to use.

That being said, if there is a problem Evan will take care of it. He has gone out of his way to do things for me many other cue makers would not.

When he was at Schon, he made me several butts and shafts that were 3" longer than the standard 58". (64"total length) On one occasion I dropped off a couple of shafts for tips, and when I got them back they had been sanded down and played like spaghetti!! I called him to let him know, and he immediately made me three more shafts without a word on his dime/time.

I could go on with other examples, but the point is that just because you don't like his choices doesn't mean he is wrong or hard to deal with. I have great respect for him and his skill as a cue maker. If you approach the question/person in the right way, most of the time they will give you a sincere honest answer.

Evan, if you are reading this thanks for all your help over the years. I look forward to playing with one of your Segen cues one day.

Sincerely, Dr Scott

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it. Looks like it will:

Fits cases better than a radial pin butt.

Fits JPs without having to bottom drill with a brad point bit.

Less turns together and apart.

Do not know how or if it affects hit.

So long as you know the pin is a bastard when you spec the cue or before you buy off the rack.

How many Threads Per Inch does a radial pin have?
Anyone?