Please email ESPN3 !!!

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Done!

"Dear Shane,

Thank you for writing.

The high volume of correspondence we receive prohibits us from personally acknowledging every email. Your comments, concerns and/or compliments are shared with our executives and other appropriate personnel and they're appreciative of the input. If you have a specific question about ESPN's programming or ESPN, Inc we will reply to you as quickly as possible.

Thank You,
ESPN Customer Care"

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a link to contact ESPN3

http://espn.go.com/espn/contact

I made a point to contact them and thank them for their live coverage of the Mosconi Cup. I also made a point that I would actively support any sponsors they had that helped bring live pool to ESPN.

The more positive feedback they get the more likely they are to expand coverage and I have to believe that everyone on this forum would like to see that happen.

Think of what they did... 4 days of beginning to end live coverage of the Mosconi Cup with no freezing, lagging and at no additional cost!!! Talk about what would be good for growing the game of pool.

Lets get in their face with all the support AZB can muster. Maybe we can start enjoying some of the international tournaments.

Please, take 3 minutes of your time and invest it in more and better pool coverage

Thanks

Joel

DONE!!

thanks for the link and a great showing ...

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also sent email using link provided. Hopefully we will see more quality coverage as a result of all the response. Thanks for the setup

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wrote also. Got the same reply as everyone else, that seemed personalized, but probably was automated (since we all got it).

Response below:

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the great feedback! We’ve shared your note with those closely involved with Mosconi Club Billiard and I’m sure they’ll appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,

Corey
ESPN Viewer Response

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
To date:

43 replies that members of this forum have sent an email to ESPN3 to express their appreciation for the broadcast of the 2012 Mosconi Cup Championship?

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To date:

43 replies that members of this forum have sent an email to ESPN3 to express their appreciation for the broadcast of the 2012 Mosconi Cup Championship?

44, I sent mine yesterday, I really enjoyed watching it!

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To date:

Yup, closing in on one tenth of one percent of people on AZB

Talk about a silent majority, not sure what the other 40,957 folks are thinking :)

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I'll speak up....I haven't emailed them yet, cuz I just haven't had the time in front of my computer to do so. I can't ever seem to make those sorts of emails work on my phone, which is how I do most of my surfing these days. The short time I have awake at home, my son is on the PC.

Christmas will be over soon, and my life will hopefully become less frantic. Hopefully the email link will still be valid then.

I'm with you, in spirit, guys. Once I've done it, I'll share it on my local league Facebook page, as well.

Very cool stuff.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did it!

I don't know how any fan of pool could not have been so happy to see that coverage. The quality of the stream and and all the different camera angles really put you in the action. If we want more we need to make some NOISE!

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Joel

Joel I cant agree with you more. If Everyone here cant take two min to send an email to ESPN than you all have no right to ***** about things not being streaming. Small effort that could have big impact for the sport we all love...Great justure by Joel...

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Yup, closing in on one tenth of one percent of people on AZB

Talk about a silent majority, not sure what the other 40,957 folks are thinking :)

It costs nothing to send a thank you note. The email contact address has been provided, yet few people have sent in a simple email thank you.
It baffles me to understand it.

I guess when another thread starts up about the sorry state of affairs and the lamenations of what's wrong with pool, we should step in and provide a link to this thread. :eek:

Thanks anyway for the effort and good intentions, Joel.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sad but true

I'm sorry to say this but glad that it happened. Talk, talk, talk, that is what most do "specially here" about how much pool needs this and how much pool needs that, what people should do and all that good stuff but won't offer up a dollar or send an email to help the cause.

I sent mine on day one, just as i did with Pat thanking him for his coverage of "can't recall at this time" his last coverage and the one before. Sorry I didn't start a thread but like Ray said most won't answer the call.

Well done OP, your efforts have been noted.

P.S.
Pool is not doomed by fans and sponsors and such it is it's own players who have done that.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
There! Got up earlier than my kid, and got to the PC first...

Done!

And I posted it on our local league Facebook page, as well.

No, most of them won't have any idea what The Mosconi Cup is (even though I provided the link to sign up back when Joey A first posted it here) but I asked them to simply send in a note thanking them for providing coverage. We have some good people playing league, and if they have a minute, I expect we'll get a few more sent in. And maybe a few more will actually be curious enough to check this stuff out next time I post about them.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Already got one response back from my Facebook page post, saying "Done!"

Spread the word...

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll speak up....I haven't emailed them yet, cuz I just haven't had the time in front of my computer to do so. I can't ever seem to make those sorts of emails work on my phone, which is how I do most of my surfing these days. The short time I have awake at home, my son is on the PC.

Christmas will be over soon, and my life will hopefully become less frantic. Hopefully the email link will still be valid then.

I'm with you, in spirit, guys. Once I've done it, I'll share it on my local league Facebook page, as well.

Very cool stuff.

in the same boat as you dub , except.... my gf has 3 teenagers i have to try to wrangle the computor from.

hope christmas solves the problem somewhat. 1 is getting a laptop and 1 is getting an i pod and the other an i pad.

playpool2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In addition to thanking them for the great event coverage I added this at the end:

I got a link to the coverage from a kind soul at the AZBilliards.com website and I can't thank them and you for the wonderful event coverage.

Again....... Thank You

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Got another response about it being done from our league facebook page...there's two from the good old APA.

:p