Please email ESPN3 !!!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
They responded back to me also.^
...maybe I should've applied for the CEO position.;)

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Thanks for the link and I just sent mine. I hope most of the AZ community will send emails also.

James

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I got the same response, but with a different name signed at the end. There's probably one dude giving the 'personal touch' to all these emails, by copy/pasting a reply and then signing a made-up name at the end :)

TheSneak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did this too after seeing this message shared by the Mosconi Cup page on FB. Came here to share it if no one else had already done so. Good idea! Definitely a way to help expand media coverage for pool. :thumbup2:

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a link to contact ESPN3

http://espn.go.com/espn/contact

I made a point to contact them and thank them for their live coverage of the Mosconi Cup. I also made a point that I would actively support any sponsors they had that helped bring live pool to ESPN.

The more positive feedback they get the more likely they are to expand coverage and I have to believe that everyone on this forum would like to see that happen.

Think of what they did... 4 days of beginning to end live coverage of the Mosconi Cup with no freezing, lagging and at no additional cost!!! Talk about what would be good for growing the game of pool.

Lets get in their face with all the support AZB can muster. Maybe we can start enjoying some of the international tournaments.

Please, take 3 minutes of your time and invest it in more and better pool coverage

Thanks

Joel

Thank you for this post. I just finished sending my e-mail. Great idea.
Many Regards, Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Lock N Load.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interesting

677 views and 27 confirmations of sending an email to ESPN...

I thought we could do better

Last I read there were 41,000 people on AZB

So that's about 4% of those viewing the thread that confirmed a supporting email and six one hundredths of one percent of the general population

A rousing level of apathy

A GIF of jiggeling boobs or a bicycle wreck gets a better response.

Not that I have anything against jiggeling boobs...

Last edited:

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Just looked at the Mosconi Cup fan page on FB. 64 likes and 3 shared it. I don't know how many people actually emailed without sharing it but I'm a skeptic. I'm just curious if any of the players have done this on their Facebook pages. You know... Please share and email ESPN3 on the Mosconi Cup coverage!! God knows how many fans or likes some of these guys have. That or just plain friends willing to help. I've always been a big part of self-promotion and I rally hope these guys have done something to help out. When I get home I will check and get back to everybody. My prediction is not many did squat. Not all but not many which would be really sad. It seems that the power of the interwebz is out of touch for the pool community :(

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used the tools available on this board to send this as an email to myself ... then I forwarded it to a bunch of friends that may not of seen this thread. We should be flooding them with positive response, which is hopefully a good thing.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Just looked at the Mosconi Cup fan page on FB. 64 likes and 3 shared it. I don't know how many people actually emailed without sharing it but I'm a skeptic. I'm just curious if any of the players have done this on their Facebook pages. You know... Please share and email ESPN3 on the Mosconi Cup coverage!! God knows how many fans or likes some of these guys have. That or just plain friends willing to help. I've always been a big part of self-promotion and I rally hope these guys have done something to help out. When I get home I will check and get back to everybody. My prediction is not many did squat. Not all but not many which would be really sad. It seems that the power of the interwebz is out of touch for the pool community :(

Yeah this was painfully obvious to me when I posted a couple threads asking about AZBers and other pool peeps on Twitter and I got crickets in response. Twitter is one of the biggest and easiest methods of self promotion and fan interaction and it's barely used by the pool community. Some pros are on there but rarely post. Lame.

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Yeah this was painfully obvious to me when I posted a couple threads asking about AZBers and other pool peeps on Twitter and I got crickets in response. Twitter is one of the biggest and easiest methods of self promotion and fan interaction and it's barely used by the pool community. Some pros are on there but rarely post. Lame.

Unforutnately my gut feeling was right... I check at least 30 different American Professional Players and not one of them helped promote this. Im sure majority of them don't even know about the ESPN email so you can't really blame them or can you?? I guess it really doesnt matter in the end of it but image if each pro asked people on their pages to help. We will say that they all have around 3 thousand fans on average. So 3k times 80 is 240k and lets just say that 1/8 of the fans and their friends combined do it. So thats around 30k. Now let's say that a majority of posters share it (500) to all of their friends and get 50 of them to share it adn so on and so forth. You may get 35000 at best. Is that enough?? Probably not but it was worth a shot right??

Now all we need is to get Jennifer B on DWTS and we can forget emailing anybody for support. :rolleyes:

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I sent a similar email to a number of pros that I know and several have posted on their Facebook page asking for supported to contact ESPN

weakfingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unforutnately my gut feeling was right... I check at least 30 different American Professional Players and not one of them helped promote this. Im sure majority of them don't even know about the ESPN email so you can't really blame them or can you?? I guess it really doesnt matter in the end of it but image if each pro asked people on their pages to help. We will say that they all have around 3 thousand fans on average. So 3k times 80 is 240k and lets just say that 1/8 of the fans and their friends combined do it. So thats around 30k. Now let's say that a majority of posters share it (500) to all of their friends and get 50 of them to share it adn so on and so forth. You may get 35000 at best. Is that enough?? Probably not but it was worth a shot right??

Now all we need is to get Jennifer B on DWTS and we can forget emailing anybody for support. :rolleyes:

Well you're forgetting that a lot of pros have the same "fans" throughout. Not all the fans are unique.

Either way, I did my part. I'm sure they acknowledge it regardless how many people e-mail :)