Please list Techniques/Ways players use for a successful shot

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Different threads have been saying fundamentals and systems are less important only methods are important.

To fire an accurate shot with a firearm (providing you have a reliable firearm) you have to align the sights on target and pull, press or squeeze the trigger without disturbing the sight alignment on target. Everything else you are doing are techniques/ways to help you accomplish this.

In pool you have to be lined up on your shot and bring the cue forward in a straight line through the cueball.

Curious to hear different players methods

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
One method is to align to the center, 1/4 cut line, or edge of the OB & then apply the right amount of parallel tip offset to the inside to get the ball to squirt & add cut to those lines.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Different threads have been saying fundamentals and systems are less important only methods are important.

To fire an accurate shot with a firearm (providing you have a reliable firearm) you have to align the sights on target and pull, press or squeeze the trigger without disturbing the sight alignment on target. Everything else you are doing are techniques/ways to help you accomplish this.

In pool you have to be lined up on your shot and bring the cue forward in a straight line through the cueball.

Curious to hear different players methods
How is a method different from a system or a particular aspect of fundamentals?

It seems to me that one method of kicking at a ball on three cushions is to use a diamond system.

If I draw the ball by making a firm bridge, addressing where I want to hit and come straight through is that a method or a system?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. Prior to the taking of the shot you wish to be successful -Hit 200,000 balls into various pockets.

Last edited:

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Go to the hood. Score some meth.
Go to the bathroom at the pool room.
Snort a big line.
Get on the table and hit the ball so hard it won't matter if you hit the pocket or not cause it will create it's own pocket when it flies off the table and smashes into something.

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snort a big line.
Get on the table and hit the ball so hard it won't matter if you hit the pocket or not cause it will create it's own pocket when it flies off the table and smashes into something.

Unless your name happens to be Larry Nevel. In which case, you don't need the meth.

Nuts4Tascarellas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
success

The key to success is a solid pre - shot routine. Exactly the same every time. Then execute. And don't ever adjust while you are down on the shot. Stand back up, adjust your alignment (whole body), get back down and use the pre - shot routine. The exact same pre - shot routine as always. Alignment is aiming! And... did I mention pre - shot routine?

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
semantics

It seems to me that one method of kicking at a ball on three cushions is to use a diamond system.

If I draw the ball by making a firm bridge, addressing where I want to hit and come straight through is that a method or a system?

Yes. We all run into problems with semantics now and again. I have several degrees and have written a few books, and I still goof up. It's one of the drawbacks of complex written and spoken language.

"Writers spend a lifetime trying to bridge the gap between words and thoughts."
-Arundhati Roy

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Excellent questions.

What is the difference between a "method", a "system" and a "particular aspect of fundamentals"? I especially would like to know the difference between a method and a system.

Just thought I would say it a different way because I would love to hear the responses.

JoeyA

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The key to success is a solid pre - shot routine. Exactly the same every time. Then execute. And don't ever adjust while you are down on the shot. Stand back up, adjust your alignment (whole body), get back down and use the pre - shot routine. The exact same pre - shot routine as always. Alignment is aiming! And... did I mention pre - shot routine?

Once down hit the same spot on your chest with the side of your wrist to finish the shot (aka the pendulum) and the stroke is straight. Not much more to think about except hoping you lined up right. Hmmm, maybe the speed too.

SMG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Snort a big line.

I ****ing LOLd. I like the PIITH aiming siztum.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The word System

The word System has taken a beating and from what I read seems to be somehow related to robotic, too technical, devoid of feel etc. As if it weren't another method when the word method really means you have systematic way of working out your answer but you cant call it a system.

I think I Iike the word Technique for how ever you arrive at doing something.

As long as you're making balls, getting shape and getting out what does it matter?

Excellent questions.

What is the difference between a "method", a "system" and a "particular aspect of fundamentals"? I especially would like to know the difference between a method and a system.

Just thought I would say it a different way because I would love to hear the responses.

JoeyA