Pool Ball Collecting.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since my good friend Rubik's Cube posted pictures of one his beautiful marbleized ball sets, AND pulzcul recently shared his sweet early series Brunswick Darts which I've always loved as well, I literally stumbled across these darlings...combining BOTH characteristics with a modern twist:

9f24abb80e175fabfc522fe56ff91c3f.jpg

While they lack the originality and beauty of the early Brunswick Darts in every way, these recent resin offerings give tolerances unheard of 60 years ago along with a sheen and brilliance appreciated under today's LED lights. They play remarkably well and wipe clean easily with a microfiber towel after an hour on the baize.

Something different

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good evening, Skip. :)

They're the newest version of Aramith balls for Poker Pool, sir. Apologies if the eight outer balls caused a little confusion, the set only comprises those sixteen within the white dotted square. The colours on the left edge are included to illustrate that the balls are numbered on the reverse; the spotty cueballs just because I thought they looked nice!

Best wishes,
RC.

Whodini

Never get out of the boat
Misprints?

I've owned these for approximately 20 years and know nothing about them. Anybody seen these before?

pool ball set.jpg

4 ball.jpg

7 ball.jpg

12 ball.jpg

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never seen a set like those before. Very interesting indeed !

I did see a salesman for Ninja Blenders demonstrate how strong the blender was, by blending a cell phone.

Maybe those came from the Ninja factory? :D

Thank you for sharing.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What an interesting find and read-through, Mr. Bond.

Worthy of printing and adding to the "Treatise Of Billiard Balls"

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This latest ball set is what some treasure hunters would call "a barn-find" - you know, that dusty old box of something in the very back of a dark hidey-hole or collecting decades of dust on the top and back of a forgotten shelf....

Not expensive by any stretch of the imagination, but yet falling into that rarified air of Nuevo vintage or at least unique in design ---- the vertical stripers.

I don't know the maker or vintage yet - that's another day....

The box they were found in can only be described as nondescript Your typical, Plain Jane soft-sided cardboard and yellowed tape rectangle concealing anything from old photos to a Royal heirloom. Nope - just nasty looking pool balls this time. How about $1.00 at a rummage sale - you think anyone will take these, Mildred? Yeah, I guess, Ethyl. Well, they didn't sell. So I picked them up for a please and a handshake.

My top-secret, 4-step, refurb and restore process starting by hand and finishing with 90 seconds in the single platter Diamond merry-go-round polisher and we have these beauties.....

cab2fd09cc1ac54a38ed1deb92eea630.jpg

Dang it - I see a spot on the 11 ball.

Now ---- does anyone have any similar to show or know of their beginnings by chance?

On to the next treasure hunt.....

K.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This latest ball set is what some treasure hunters would call "a barn-find" - you know, that dusty old box of something in the very back of a dark hidey-hole or collecting decades of dust on the top and back of a forgotten shelf....
Are these the kind with the eyes painted on the solids?

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool set. Reminds me of a vintage race car or old school football jersey...

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member

Not expensive by any stretch of the imagination, but yet falling into that rarified air of Nuevo vintage or at least unique in design ---- the vertical stripers.

I don't know the maker or vintage yet - that's another day....

The box they were found in can only be described as nondescript Your typical, Plain Jane soft-sided cardboard and yellowed tape rectangle concealing anything from old photos to a Royal heirloom. Nope - just nasty looking pool balls this time. How about $1.00 at a rummage sale - you think anyone will take these, Mildred? Yeah, I guess, Ethyl. Well, they didn't sell. So I picked them up for a please and a handshake.

My top-secret, 4-step, refurb and restore process starting by hand and finishing with 90 seconds in the single platter Diamond merry-go-round polisher and we have these beauties.....

cab2fd09cc1ac54a38ed1deb92eea630.jpg

Your reds are more maroon than mine but I think we have a match :grin:

20170508_174447~2.jpg

Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a match to me as well...with the variation on the reds perhaps.

Any info on your set as to manufacturer or year available, or is it time to dig through supply catalogs

K.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very plain box as you know, however, there is a small ink mark stamped on it, hard to make out but it says the brand name " High Skore" pro billiard set, which is a Taiwanese company that sells all sorts of pool accessories. Vintage but not seriously old.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, yes, the High Skore products. I have one of their other sets that I shared back in post #362 called the Double Circle.

d9d0b18f1bee1a42390a951dd5c2a7bb.jpg

Nice work, Mr. Bond --- thank you for the help on these vintage verticals, sir!

473112d68972bff3002d8f85ac61be0d.jpg

K.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Took possession of these one-day treasures from a playing Pro in the (in)famous 12-team WPBL Bonus Ball venture...and what's unique about this set is they came in a full box set of 16 from Aramith as pictured. I've inquired as to how the 3 extra purples and 3 extra oranges came into being but have not received any trustworthy replies.

They are all within Aramith's near-flawless tolerances of weight and played beautifully during an 8-ball match

5726b817f781c13f635785d696fa6fa5.jpg

K.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ugly balls but a nice find! I would definitely rather take the oranges in a real game.