Pool Maxims...

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also aim with your feet. You should know if you're going to make the ball when you plant your feet even before you get down on your shot.

That's all I got.

Mitchxout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's one from Jimmy Reid, "You can be champion of the world at staying down starting right now." (That was one post.:p)

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another Bob Dickerson line about one pocket.

The best defense is for you to get eight and out....

He then told me to practice getting out...At that time I didnt know if he meant I needed to leave or practicing making 8 balls into one pocket.

Ken

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet (geez, this thread grew fast):

The last ball rolling is always the one that hooks you.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Your supposed to win!

Dont buy into what your friends think.;)

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Gold and Pool

Jack Nicklaus had one that went somthing like "winning isnt about having the most incredible shots, it is about having the most livable misses"

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A lot of good ones so far. However, I'd like to comment on three of them.

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"

I hate this expression. Sports are full of people who try their hardest yet are gracious when they lose. Weren't Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus good losers? Or, how about Efren Reyes, Ralf Souquet, Thorsten Hohmann.

Where you look is where you are going to go. (from car/cycke racing but applies to pool as well, keep your eye on the aiming point.)

We've had many discussions about "last look." Some people do well with their eyes on the cue ball at the moment it is struck.

Pool shows your character.

I'd amend this one slightly. When things go well, one's true character may not be displayed. So I'd amend it to read: -- "Adversity in pool reveals one's character."

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
This one, from the inimitable W.C. Fields, himself a pool player, and aimed at the hustlers among us. "Never give a sucker an even break." :smile: