POOL PROS WANTED - Need help identifying my new pool table

LowRight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys! Thanks to all who commented! No hard feelings at all I got some good laughs and good information. With that being said, I know this table is nothing near tournament quality, however for me and my buddies on the weekend to shoot around I think this may just work if i can get it assembled (or until I can save up for a nice table).

SO would a trip to Home Depot or Lowes for some bolts and screws get this table play-ready or would my time and effort be better spent looking into another table. I was going to buy one for the house here soon anyways but will probably re-locating in the next year or so.....so that $200-$300 range was what I would've spent on a table that I may not get to take with me when I move.

Thanks for any additional help!

I must say in all honesty that you shouldn't spend one dime on this table. Use it as firewood and save those dimes to buy a decent table once you move.

Last edited:

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys! Thanks to all who commented! No hard feelings at all I got some good laughs and good information. With that being said, I know this table is nothing near tournament quality, however for me and my buddies on the weekend to shoot around I think this may just work if i can get it assembled (or until I can save up for a nice table).

SO would a trip to Home Depot or Lowes for some bolts and screws get this table play-ready or would my time and effort be better spent looking into another table. I was going to buy one for the house here soon anyways but will probably re-locating in the next year or so.....so that $200-$300 range was what I would've spent on a table that I may not get to take with me when I move.

Sneetch,

You should do exactly what you want to do. Nuts and bolts are cheap and your labor is free. If you learn to shoot lights out on that table you can play ANYWHERE! Back in the day, the greatest Pro Golfers learned the game on hill side goat tracks. When they could beat the goat track, they were ready for Augusta.

Remember, paying a lot of money for a ridiculously expensive pool table never made anybody a better player. Stay cheap, get good, move up. Most of all, don't waste your time with hot shot hucksters.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep your eyes open on Craigslist, you can get a good table for free or next to free. Stay away from the junk.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sneetch,

You should do exactly what you want to do. Nuts and bolts are cheap and your labor is free. If you learn to shoot lights out on that table you can play ANYWHERE! Back in the day, the greatest Pro Golfers learned the game on hill side goat tracks. When they could beat the goat track, they were ready for Augusta.

Remember, paying a lot of money for a ridiculously expensive pool table never made anybody a better player. Stay cheap, get good, move up. Most of all, don't waste your time with hot shot hucksters.

He shouldn't even buy a pool table, instead, he should buy the most expensive cue he can afford to get his hands on!! It may not help his game much, but at least he'd fit in with most of the AZB members that are proud to show off their cues, but to embarrassed to show off their pool tables...LMAO

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
If the identification of a Mizerak Slatron table is correct, then on page 14 of the Owners Manual is a list of hardware required.

Perhaps you should go through it and see if the parts do in fact match up with what you have at home.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member

Welcome to the forum, sneetch. And we're all so glad that you have a good sense of humor. You're gonna need it around here.

Now...... flip that thing over and let's get some air hockey going!

:rotflmao1:

sneetch

Hahaha love it guys. Sounds like I should keep looking around. Thanks for all the replies and hopefully I don't make such a rookie post second time around!

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He shouldn't even buy a pool table, instead, he should buy the most expensive cue he can afford to get his hands on!! It may not help his game much, but at least he'd fit in with most of the AZB members that are proud to show off their cues, but to embarrassed to show off their pool tables...LMAO

Then he'll want to drop some really heavy cash on one of those hand made, custom colored, monogrammed authentic alligator cases, you know, the kind with pockets and buckles and straps. Next thing, some really enterprising young huckster will come out with matching alligator Pool Shoes and a Gold Plated, alligator strap Pool Watch. Now, he can get down to some Major League Profiling. Buck Walkin' Stone Dude.

Really, who needs a Pool Table at home? Waste of money. That's why God invented Pool Halls.

Ahhh Man, I forgot all about the Gold Lame' Fleece Super Fly Hat.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If the identification of a Mizerak Slatron table is correct, then on page 14 of the Owners Manual is a list of hardware required. ...
... which includes this warning/advice/disclaimer:

CropperCapture[401].png

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Then he'll want to drop some really heavy cash on one of those hand made, custom colored, monogrammed authentic alligator cases, you know, the kind with pockets and buckles and straps. Next thing, some really enterprising young huckster will come out with matching alligator Pool Shoes and a Gold Plated, alligator strap Pool Watch. Now, he can get down to some Major League Profiling. Buck Walkin' Stone Dude.

Really, who needs a Pool Table at home? Waste of money. That's why God invented Pool Halls.

Ahhh Man, I forgot all about the Gold Lame' Fleece Super Fly Hat.

I feel the same way.

I've got room, and can afford a table. A nice diamond barbox. You'll never see a table in my house.

I need pool for the social atmosphere. Some weeks, it's what gets me out of the house.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sears, Roebuck, and slatetron

My first table was from Sears and Roebuck, gave $125 for it used, scored a $200 set of balls to play with for $135 although it had the junk light balls with it. My friends and I banged away on that table for years. Couldn't keep it level but that was a minor detail, we had fun anyway!

The pockets swallow balls like a vacuum cleaner, wide and no shelf best I recall. I remember what they called slatron being gray on this table, I thought it was probably a plastic. Could have been called slatelite or something too, fifty years is a long time.

These tables aren't much but in the opinion of this former owner, it helped my game a bunch. I made a point of shooting off a rack or three of balls every time I passed by it and I passed by it a lot if I was in the house. Hitting balls is better for your game than not hitting balls.

If you can get it together cheaply, enjoy your table. If not, go with a complete table with slate. Bargains to be had! I am looking for a seven foot bar table right now. Not the best for a lot of reasons but for a lot of reasons it suits where I am putting it.

A Diamond or Gold Crown is nice but they aren't the only tables in the world. I passed on a very nice nine footer with over one inch slate for $200 a few months ago, no place to put it and no time to move it.

Speaking of dollars, I sold that old Sears table and balls for $250 when I moved away. $10 isn't bad for three years of fun!

Hu