Practice Halfball Shots Using Fractional Aiming With a Road Map

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Thank you for finally ending the 25 year debate. This is all we are saying. CTE gets you close and pivoting, as much or as little is needed, puts the ob in the pocket. It's the "as needed" part that is the trick. That requires repetition to know.
ROTFLMFAO! NOOooooo, that's not what is being said. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and accept what you said but NEVER post back in here again about it. Just be happy.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know cookie in spitey I must admit that I am getting frustrated
I ask what I thought were simple and direct questions and instead of answers all I get is homework to do
Am I in a Zen monastery instead of the aiming forum😂
CTE is a visual system. How can you follow along if you aren’t at the table actually trying it ?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ROTFLMFAO! NOOooooo, that's not what is being said. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and accept what you said but NEVER post back in here again about it. Just be happy.
He didn’t understand what you posted. Kinda funny really

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You know cookie in spitey I must admit that I am getting frustrated
I ask what I thought were simple and direct questions and instead of answers all I get is homework to do
Am I in a Zen monastery instead of the aiming forum😂
I'm not your teacher. This is learn by doing. Do what we did. Watch the videos, buy the book, and take live in person lessons with Stan, and make a lot of balls doing it.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not your teacher. This is learn by doing. Do what we did. Watch the videos, buy the book, and take live in person lessons with Stan, and make a lot of balls doing it.
Learn by doing
Why should i reinvent the wheel
Brian said you spidey and he would be overlapped in my overhead picture
Except ypu both would be looking at something
I asked what do you see when down on the shot and couldnt get a straight answer

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you are not my teacher what do you see your role is on the aiming forum?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Learn by doing
Why should i reinvent the wheel
Brian said you spidey and he would be overlapped in my overhead picture
Except ypu both would be looking at something
I asked what do you see when down on the shot and couldnt get a straight answer
Have you gotten up on the ceiling and looked straight down to answer the question yourself? That seems like the best way.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
If you are not my teacher what do you see your role is on the aiming forum?
Tell me who the individual is on here that is your teacher or anybody else's. Brian has an aiming system, but he doesn't
teach it. You gotta buy it. Good for him and that's the way it should be.

Stan teaches it FOR FREE! They're all on youtube! He's a much better teacher than I am since that was his life long profession
in the Kentucky school system.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I see two circles, the cb and the ob. I look through the vertical centerline of the cb to a point on the horizontal centerline (diameter) of the ob. That's the aim line - the line through the middle of the cb to that visual reference along the diameter of the ob.

I pay no attention to the fact that the balls are spheres with fat 360° circumferences. I am only concerned with the center of the cb and width/diameter of the ob. In my opinion, that's about as simple as aiming can get.

Last edited:

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks spidey and cookie for the help guys
Said sarcastically
bbb to see what they are talking about it is a lot easier at a table.

I read all the threads and watched the videos but it wasn't until someone actually showed me how the pivot works that the light went on.

The edge of the CB through center CB to edge of OB and then pivot back to the center CB position. I.e. so the center of the cue points through the center of the CB.

Because of the way the pivot works this brings you to the shot line.

With Shiskabob you start by aligning the center of the CB to the edge, 1/4 (halfway between edge and center) and center, depending on how big of an angle you have to cut, and then pivot from there. You always start with the outside edge of the cue stick - the side away from the pocket you are cutting towards.

It's very hard to explain in text.

• Love
Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
bbb to see what they are talking about it is a lot easier at a table.

I read all the threads and watched the videos but it wasn't until someone actually showed me how the pivot works that the light went on.

The edge of the CB through center CB to edge of OB and then pivot back to the center CB position. I.e. so the center of the cue points through the center of the CB.

Because of the way the pivot works this brings you to the shot line.

With Shiskabob you start by aligning the center of the CB to the edge, 1/4 (halfway between edge and center) and center, depending on how big of an angle you have to cut, and then pivot from there. You always start with the outside edge of the cue stick - the side away from the pocket you are cutting towards.

It's very hard to explain in text.
thanks alot sixpack
i appreciate it and dont include you with the others
you will try to answer questions
which is very appreciated
(y)

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks alot sixpack
i appreciate it and dont include you with the others
you will try to answer questions
which is very appreciated
(y)
Why do you argue so much? Can't you just get along and be nice?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's an aiming example seeing two simple circles, aiming through the middle of the nearest circle (cb) to a point along the diameter of the farthest circle (ob)...

[Media]

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is a question for both of you (brian/spidey)
if we start with a known shot ie reinforcers on the table so the cue ball and object ball are in fixed repeatable positions
and i ask both of you to do your thing and get down to shoot
you both are at address now and have not pulled the trigger
now
i have an overhead camera and take a picture of both of you separately at address
will i be able to superimpose the picture and will the cues line of aim be identical?
you must either be really bored or just like poking sleeping lions. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: bbb