Preferred Cloth Color For Tournament Tables

Which Color Cloth for Tournament Tables?

• Total voters

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i prefer to play on green,but watching they are all the same to me

I prefer green, snooker is played on green, pool should be played on green, but then again I am an old school.

Oh and those who say blue is better for the eyes and for TV, it just isn't true, you just were told that and believed it.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I prefer green, snooker is played on green, pool should be played on green, but then again I am an old school.

Oh and those who say blue is better for the eyes and for TV, it just isn't true, you just were told that and believed it.
So what exactly is behind the conspiracy to popularize blue? I happen to prefer it but apparently I've been duped.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what exactly is behind the conspiracy to popularize blue? I happen to prefer it but apparently I've been duped.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Every so often someone references a study that says blue is easier on the eyes, makes it easier to focus/concentrate etc.

Greg Sullivan subscribes to that thought, and pushed blue simonis hard, and since he has the main table company, the trend grew.

To be honest, I have a suspicion that it also includes some concept of branding, but I am seemingly alone in that theory.

It seems to go in waves, sometimes people flock to blue, years back camel/tan had a run (same logistics), gold for a while, and this isnt blues first go round.

I will be happy when it cycles back to green. Green means something. ;)

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm an Old Timer, too...

I like the Green, it's just what I grew up with. I wouldn't cover my table with Blue Cloth, even if it was Free.

Qaddiction

User name says it all...
Silver Member
What is Euro Blue? Are you referencing what I know as Tournament Blue, as in Simonis? I used to be a die hard green fan. I regretfully made the switch to Tournament Blue several years back. I didn't think it looked near as nice on my Golden Oak Diamond table, but once I played on it for a while I never want to switch back. I ended up selling that table and buying a black Diamond table just so the blue looked better. As far as I am concerned, Tournament Blue forever!

By the way, I also buy into the fact that Tournament Blue cloth is easier on the eyes to play on. I prefer to play on lighter color cloths. My least favorite colored cloths are Black followed by red. Then anything dark after that....

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a joke. More contrast. It is easier to see the edge of the ball on blue cloth. First time i ever saw it was DCC in '07. We got a tournament table after play was over and played on it all night. I was a believer from that day on. I still like good 'ol green but prefer blue.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
No multiple choices allowed in this poll....so no vote from me.
Green, or blue....depending on the shade.....can’t be dark
...and Camel is good with me also

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
quote “....camel is good with me.”

Simonis calls the 860 Mocha

d3843284114bde7117928baff4ab90c2.jpg

Last edited:

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tournament blue. We had all our tables done in blue and there was only one complaint.
Doubt if we would ever go back to green.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Can't vote since you did not include the most popular choice:

TOURNAMENT BLUE...:eek:

Trent from Toledo

“Tournament” Blue is “Euro” Blue. Just marketing names.
At least close enough and within “tolerances” of each other, as far as blue cloth goes.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Tournament blue. We had all our tables done in blue and there was only one complaint.
Doubt if we would ever go back to green.

I also find tournament blue to be the pinnacle of human achievement in regards to worsted wool cloth color. For whatever reasons I can’t say, I just love the color and it seems natural to me.

I couldn’t imagine blue on a snooker table though, they need to stay green. It all looks so good with their color scheme.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member

Agreed, good old English green is the way to go. After all, cue sports
were invented on the basis of lawn games (ground billiards) so they
could play in the dark and in shitty weather conditions. The felt on the
table is supposed to resemble grass. I think the only place you will find
tournament blue grass is on the ocean floor. :grin-square:

As far as being easy on the eyes, I thought this nice shade of legal pad
yellow was the best, anyone want to cover your table in this?! :eek:

Attachments

• legalpad.png
    legalpad.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 172

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed, good old English green is the way to go. After all, cue sports
were invented on the basis of lawn games (ground billiards) so they
could play in the dark and in shitty weather conditions. The felt on the
table is supposed to resemble grass. I think the only place you will find
tournament blue grass is on the ocean floor. :grin-square:

As far as being easy on the eyes, I thought this nice shade of legal pad
yellow was the best, anyone want to cover your table in this?! :eek:
Seriously? Have you even played on Tournament Blue cloth? Who gives a flying copulation about lawn/ground billiards much less playing in "shitty weather"??? Last time i checked pool is an indoor game.

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
Seriously? Have you even played on Tournament Blue cloth? Who gives a flying copulation about lawn/ground billiards much less playing in "shitty weather"??? Last time i checked pool is an indoor game.

Hot damn you really are a "czar" aren't you?! Seems like you
might be in need some copulation yourself buddy LOL. Of course
I have played on tournament blue, it is everywhere, have you
ever played on English green? Sorry we have differing opinions,
but it is just a color, no need to pretend your personal preference
is somehow superior to mine! Snooker is also an indoor game
which is played for 10x the amount of money and has 10x the
amount of exposure and viewers than pool. They play on a 6x12
table with English green cloth.