Pro pool on glorious Gold Crown 6 Cushions

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
If you wanna discuss it further get in touch. I cannot advertise my pricing, but, like I said my prices are very competitive. Thanks

Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

After reading this entire thread...I would gladly pay full retail than buy a table from you and have you make one thin dime. I haven't seen childlike posts from anyone like you in a long time, if ever. You're supposed to be some kind of professional in your field and you come to a group of like minded pool enthusiasts and you act like this on here? Smh, wow.

I'm all hip in that post. :rolleyes:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not pool to the cry babies, its changes they can't handle. They're not even smart enough to know different cloth causes tables to play different.

I know first hand that certain cloth will make a any table play not only faster or slower but, it can also effect how the balls leave the cushion.....of course thats also true about cloths being installed properly, maintaining etc...etc.

I love playing on anything.....

I prefer a certain table if I have a choice but, after about 10 minutes, I'm as happy as a pig in slop on any table.

After all, me and my opponents are playing on same table, conditions and rules.

Jeff

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Maybe the people who designed the Diamond table/rails/selected the cushion, etc, were not smart enough to make them play right, and settled for a cushion reaction unlike ANYTHING that came in the 50 years before, or the 30 years after, on any other table in existance.

Why is it when the best in the world don't complain, you do, yet you don't play in the events THEY do. Is it because you're so good, or so BAD as a player, all you can do is cry about Diamond tables!!

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
After reading this entire thread...I would gladly pay full retail than buy a table from you and have you make one thin dime. I haven't seen childlike posts from anyone like you in a long time, if ever. You're supposed to be some kind of professional in your field and you come to a group of like minded pool enthusiasts and you act like this on here? Smh, wow.

I'm all hip in that post. :rolleyes:

BLAH BLAH BLAH. Block me. Anyone who would post this bull$hit, aint got 2 nickels to rub together let alone $10k +++ to spend on anything, let alone a pool table. Move on

Trent

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is it when the best in the world don't complain, you do, yet you don't play in the events THEY do. Is it because you're so good, or so BAD as a player, all you can do is cry about Diamond tables!!

Actually, I played and cashed in the DCC on Blue label tables, thank you very much:)

See, you think I only complain. And you criticize anyone who does. But I support pool. I go to DCC. I buy Diamond products (Cyclop balls and 2 platter polisher). I play on both Diamond and Brunswick tables at local rooms, and all over the country and world actually during my travels.

If it wasn't for complaints (feedback) from people who support pool like me, do you think Diamond would have ever changed the RED labels? If no one opened their mouth, they'd be exactly the same today.

If it wasn't for complaints (feedback) from people who support pool like me, do you think Diamond would have ever changed the pockets to stop the black smudges?

If it wasn't for complaints (feedback) from people who support pool like me about pockets scratching the cue stick, do you think Diamond would have ever introduced the flush pocket on their first tables?

If it wasn't for Diamond introducing the flush pockets, do you thing Brunswick would have followed suit with the GC4 pockets?

If it wasn't for complaints (feedback) from people who support pool like me, do you think Diamond would have ever come out with the one piece slate, so tournaments would be easier to set up, and tables would stay level better?

Your problem is you don't listen to feedback. You think ANYTHING you have ever touched is gold. That is not the case. Everything under the sun can be improved.

I took a factory tour a twice at the DCC, maybe even 3 times, I forget, because I like tables so much. Each time, someone asked Greg about the Diamond table banking short. Greg said they solved that problem, and gave super high credit to an awesome guy named Cobra. Of course I knew he was talking about you, I don't know if the other guests did. In his mind, and yours, the rails are all fixed. There is no changing either one of your minds, unforturnately.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Block me. Anyone who would post this bull$hit, aint got 2 nickels to rub together let alone $10k +++ to spend on anything, let alone a pool table. Move on

Trent

Thought you'd reply and demonstrate your ignorance, huh? Let me try. TFT, the only reason you sell tables is so you can hang with the in crowd of pool players and talk tables. You hope that will make people actually think you have a game.

Gee, that's fun. :thumbup:

Ain't? Is that southern hood talk?

I wonder if Brunswick and Diamond know how you act here amongst their prospective customers?

Now go give some other people red rep for daring to question the opinion of the great tft.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Thought you'd reply and demonstrate your ignorance, huh? Let me try. TFT, the only reason you sell tables is so you can hang with the in crowd of pool players and talk tables. You hope that will make people actually think you have a game.

Gee, that's fun. :thumbup:

Ain't? Is that southern hood talk?

I wonder if Brunswick and Diamond know how you act here amongst their prospective customers?

Now go give some other people red rep for daring to question the opinion of the great tft.

Bring your game down from Michigan ANYTIME :)

sues-bye-felicia.png

B

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those tables probably don't even burn right. Don't give that "blue lable is better" bs. either. They bank short. The only reason the 3 railer to the corner banks even close to right, is that the shortness of the 3 rail makes up for the shortness of the other two! Somehow this cobbles together a somewhat decent ending point for a 3 rail bank. Two railers are still WAY off. I can't even count the number of shots that just don't work anymore! You can't strech out the angle with outside anymore, you can't kill the ball properly with inside, either. Every shot that touches the rail gets chucked out like vegetables out of a fat womans mouth!

It's Brunswicks fault. If they hadn't pulled out of pool, maybe we'd have some proper tables to play on. But no, all we have now is short banking shit and Chinese garbage, none of which can stand up to the playability of a GC. If all you care about is a table holding level for a long time, then Diamond and Rasson are ok tables. If you care AT ALL about proper banking tracks, pockets that play right and rail geometry, then you're shit out of luck with those two. Now Rasson is going for the Eurotour...I mean, I didn't exactly love the Dynamic tables. There was some nonsense going on with the pocket facings, and the build quality was questionable , but at least it played somewhat like a pool table.

GC have a lot of issues, especially hacked up ones, but they don't detract from the game. Diamonds changed the game, for the worse.

My memory isn't so good, what table do they play banks on at the DCC? All I get from reading this is, "adjusting to different tables is hard."

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Actually, I played and cashed in the DCC on Blue label tables, thank you very much:)

See, you think I only complain. And you criticize anyone who does. But I support pool. I go to DCC. I buy Diamond products (Cyclop balls and 2 platter polisher). I play on both Diamond and Brunswick tables at local rooms, and all over the country and world actually during my travels.

If it wasn't for complaints (feedback) from people who support pool like me, do you think Diamond would have ever changed the RED labels? If no one opened their mouth, they'd be exactly the same today.

If it wasn't for complaints (feedback) from people who support pool like me, do you think Diamond would have ever changed the pockets to stop the black smudges?

If it wasn't for complaints (feedback) from people who support pool like me about pockets scratching the cue stick, do you think Diamond would have ever introduced the flush pocket on their first tables?

If it wasn't for Diamond introducing the flush pockets, do you thing Brunswick would have followed suit with the GC4 pockets?

If it wasn't for complaints (feedback) from people who support pool like me, do you think Diamond would have ever come out with the one piece slate, so tournaments would be easier to set up, and tables would stay level better?

Your problem is you don't listen to feedback. You think ANYTHING you have ever touched is gold. That is not the case. Everything under the sun can be improved.

I took a factory tour a twice at the DCC, maybe even 3 times, I forget, because I like tables so much. Each time, someone asked Greg about the Diamond table banking short. Greg said they solved that problem, and gave super high credit to an awesome guy named Cobra. Of course I knew he was talking about you, I don't know if the other guests did. In his mind, and yours, the rails are all fixed. There is no changing either one of your minds, unforturnately.

No one had any idea about the 1 piece slate 9fts except me, so sorry buddy....complaints from ANYONE had no influence over that one, you don't know the background of how that happened so don't presume you do. But I do in fact OWN the very first 9ft Smart Table with a 3 piece slate, superglued together, which is what led to Diamond following my lead and ordering one piece slates for the 9fts to be made, as to drastically reduce the set up time at all events.

Now you can say....."Thank you Glen" and as far as the change to blue label rails, that should have happened back in 2000 when I said they didn't play right, but that i could change that, right then and there.....I just had to wait 10yrs to make the change. See, there's a lot more that goes on behind the curtain than you're aware of.

Now here's a big boy question for you, why isn't Simonis 860 tour blue OR green....the choice tournament cloth in China or India????

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one had any idea about the 1 piece slate 9fts except me, so sorry buddy....complaints from ANYONE had no influence over that one, you don't know the background of how that happened so don't presume you do. But I do in fact OWN the very first 9ft Smart Table with a 3 piece slate, superglued together, which is what led to Diamond following my lead and ordering one piece slates for the 9fts to be made, as to drastically reduce the set up time at all events.

Now you can say....."Thank you Glen" and as far as the change to blue label rails, that should have happened back in 2000 when I said they didn't play right, but that in could change that, right then and there.....I just had to wait 10yrs to make the change. See, there's a lot more that goes on behind the curtain than you're aware of.

Now here's a big boy question for you, why isn't Simonis 860 tour blue OR green....the choice tournament cloth in China or India????

Because its so slippery fast its unruly? I've been dying to use your new glue, but then I would need new cloth, and another 10 months of playing on it everyday to slow it down from ridiculous to super fast. Mr. D.W. will be doing a carpet move for me in the next couple days so we will see.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Why isn't Chinese 8 ball played on Simonis 860????

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Why did Diamond DROP the Super Arimith Pro balls in favor of the Cyclop balls, seeing how you think you know so much????

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Bring your game down from Michigan ANYTIME :)

B

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You wouldn't catch me dead in that sh!thole city.

Why do all the trees lean south in eastern Michigan? Because Ohio sucks.

Thanks for the rep btw, only two in my 8 years of being here iirc.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You wouldn't catch me dead in that sh!thole city.

Why do all the trees lean south in eastern Michigan? Because Ohio sucks.

Thanks for the rep btw, only two in my 8 years of being here iirc.

Youu wanna talk $hit about playing pool, but, wont come play?? AHAHAHAHAHA.

sues-bye-felicia.png

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm curious, the Red label Diamonds were out for 15-18 years (1993 to 2010) (give or take). How come a few bad years of GC3 cushions ruined Brunswick for you, but 15 years of complaints on Red label Diamonds before they did anything about it by changing to Blue label did not turn you off to them?

Yeah, I didn’t love the short Diamond rails...but I’ve played on shorter....
...Robertson and Kim Steel and British snooker tables, to name some
...so it was easier for me to adjust,

At least Diamond listens....hence the blue label....and Greg is always thinking.
...and Diamond thinks more about how a table should play...
...he doesn’t have designers that can’t hit the end rail...Brunswick designers gave us
name plates and score markers that make your knuckles bleed.....
...and do you think Diamond would do this to a corner pocket?...corner pocket ashtrays.:eek:

GC1V.....I know a mechanic who had to add some more support to brand new ones...
...and after a couple years, a great banker told me there were soft spots in the rails....
...glue giving up?

..and this is from a guy who competed and loved Brunswick most of his life.....
...but they’ve gone the way of the Big Three auto makers...at least until the Japanese
forced them to give us a better product.

pt...still a Mopar man, nevertheless..:eek:

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Youu wanna talk $hit about playing pool, but, wont come play?? AHAHAHAHAHA.

sues-bye-felicia.png

Actually, I've already offered to come down and play if you look back at my posts. You wanted to hold an AZB tourney down there. But like me, I'm guessing a bunch of other people see how you act on here an decided to pass. Why would I drive to play someone like yourself. That's not gonna be fun even crushing your game.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Don't speak for anyone but yourself. I have not seen any of your posts until today and doubt I will be looking into anything you have said. :)

Trent from Toledo

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I have a feeling some people can't play at a very good speed.

Table doesn't matter. If you can bank, you can bank on any table after a little adjustment.

If table banks long....adjust.

If table banks short....adjust.

I'm not seeing the big deal about either table.

I must be a better player than I thought cause it seems like some can't make a ball on equipment unless they been playing on it all their life.

I guess that's "one" reason road players and pros are elite......they can play on anything.

It's pool people.

Jeff

Your post reminds me when I was a kid in Tulsa...a road player who’d made a big win
bought his pool hall cash....he explained to me why we weren’t going to play 9-ball.

His best game was banks...so on his main action GCI, he loosened the the rail bolts
a quarter turn...said a kid my age came in and after three banks, played the table better
than he could....dropped him like a hot potato...:)

I still felt like I took a win to the joint, though...he kept me entertained all day with stories.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Don't speak for anyone but yourself. I have not seen any of your posts until today and doubt I will be looking into anything you have said. :)

Trent from Toledo

But you have seen my posts before. You gave me red rep for disagreeing that your opinion is not fact. You were like, yes it is because it's my opinion.

You know Trent within an hour of me posting about how I wouldn't buy a table from you I had two other forum members agree you're a (fill in the blank). One said, I've tried to get along with him but he's a (fill in blank). And the other gave me a greenie and told me what an (fill in the blank) you are.

I become a troll to people who are rude, arrogant and condescending around here, especially new be.

I trolled you and you bit hard. :grin: RKC tried but after all, I am strmanglr, I know how to fish. Now I'm gonna do it one more time.

You said I was talking sh!t about my game? Lol no, I was talking sh!t about your game. I suck at pool.

I had a little one come into my life 5 years ago. That was the last time I recognized my game. She kept me busy spoiling her, I couldn't get an hour of serious time in on the table. I'm just now starting to get some table time.

If you have a 16 month old and your game is still sharp, let me give you some advice. Hire a good divorce lawyer, you're gonna need it. Because while your playing a couple hours a day, your wife and baby don't get to be with you. Your wife might not say she minds, but I have enough days under my belt to know that's BS. So, good luck to you and your game. Maybe you can get some action to help pay for the child support payments that are coming.

I'm out for the night, enjoy.