Q Masters altercation?

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Just kidding like you do. Just trying to be funny .... hahaha....

I never said anything about drug addicts being incarcarated. And yes I know Tony ver well and would trust him in my home. I think that youre taking the whole drug dealing thing a bit far saying things like deals being done around my loved ones. That would never happen. I see yoru point but im sure that most people wouldnt do such a thing.

blah blah

Shoebat
In my own experience, Brit men love to fight and will do so for very little reason.

The weirdest thing is that the fight can often end with the two sides buying each other rounds of drinks, then happily bragging and complimenting each other on the hits made.

A British man is a very strange creature- and age doesn't seem to calm him much.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
In my own experience, Brit men love to fight and will do so for very little reason.

The weirdest thing is that the fight can often end with the two sides buying each other rounds of drinks, then happily bragging and complimenting each other on the hits made.

A British man is a very strange creature- and age doesn't seem to calm him much.

Napoleon once said...
"Give me English soldiers and French officers....
..and I'll conquer the world."

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jen:

The root cause of this might be the situation I described in the "US Open Updates" thread, where, after Darren lost his first match with Efren (when Efren lucked-in the match-winning 9-ball after Darren hooked him), the mics were left on in the commentators booth. After the audience left the arena, Shane was practicing on the table, and you could hear Jim Wych and Daz talking in the background. Daz was absolutely upset that Efren had celebrated in the arena the way he did. Jim was trying to calm him down.

"Meeting minutes" of that situation:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3833109#post3833109
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3830518#post3830518

-Sean

That was not the reason. It is beyond anybody`s imagination or speculation.:cool:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
That is beautiful JAM your love to Tony and all. I don't know Tony other than seeing him in the pool room several times and being around him at the IPT in Orlando in 2006 with that pimped out look he had going with that tan 3 peice suit and matching hat with the feather. It was classicly funny. And yes, he seemed like a real big lovable guy. People were making fun of him about the hat and it was getting to him. He kind of acted like a real big kid. I also doubt he only trafficed drugs once. There seems to be a long time connection with pool, drugs and violence. Great sport!!

The United States has more incarcerated than any other country in the world. One out of every 100 American citizens is incarcerated, and of that, 95 percent of those who are incarcerated are in jail for substance abuse-related crimes.

If the U.S. would regulate marijuana use, as they do cigarettes and alcohol, the jails would not be quite as crowded. Colorado is leading the way with state-regulated pot stores.

FWIW, T-Rex was set up by a pool player trying to save his own neck. Tony was a courier who was trying to make a quick buck, and he took a gamble in doing so. He's a good friend of mine, and I know he's a nice person. It pains me to see him give out 7 years of his life for a one-time mistake in judgment. Like pool, he went for the long shot in the corner pocket, hoping to score a win. Instead, he got big L for a loss and is doing his time. I can't wait for him to get out.

As far as Rodney goes, he has the admiration of many a person, not only because he shoots extraordinarily well, has an amiable personality to match, but he isn't a rat, like the pool player who set Tony Chohan up.

If I had been busted for all the transgressions I've made in my life, and I'm almost 60, I'd probably still be in jail. Everybody has skeletons in their closet, and nobody is perfect. As such, we are all members of God's human family.

cbaumann212

Jackass Extraordinaire
Silver Member
My memory has Rodney saying "we can take it outside"

Rodney would drop Darren's ass. Just because Rodney outclasses Darren, doesn't man he wouldn't drop him. Daz needs to grow up and quit writing checks his ass can't cash.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is beautiful JAM your love to Tony and all. I don't know Tony other than seeing him in the pool room several times and being around him at the IPT in Orlando in 2006 with that pimped out look he had going with that tan 3 peice suit and matching hat with the feather. It was classicly funny. And yes, he seemed like a real big lovable guy. People were making fun of him about the hat and it was getting to him. He kind of acted like a real big kid. I also doubt he only trafficed drugs once. There seems to be a long time connection with pool, drugs and violence. Great sport!!

You don't really know him, and you're now talking out your a-s-s when you make assumptions about him. I know the entire story. I remember seeing him at the 2002 Open. He reminded me of my puppy, full of play and lots of laughs. There ain't a bad bone in his body. You're entitled to your opinion, but just to be clear, you don't know him at all.

Here's Tony from 2002 when I first met him. He's was just a kid, first time on the East Coast from California.

Attachments

• tonyandkeithatopen.jpg
    tonyandkeithatopen.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:

RobertR

WWSLD
Silver Member

Maybe it's the bland food they are used to ?

Send 'em over the pond at get them all hopped-up on high-fructose corn syrup and mcDonalds and they get crazy ? :grin:

Probably about 10 years ago Darren and I came close to blows at the BCA singles tourney in Vegas. Hill-hill rack dispute. I got the impression at the time that I was dealing with a soccer hooligan. I'm no saint either and words were exchanged. Fast forward to a couple of years ago and Darren and I ended up talking at Pool Sharks in Vegas for a couple of hours. I really like the guy and had alot of respect for him after that. I don't know Lee at all but I would guess there has to be some kind of history of animosity between them.

To quote Uma Thurman's character from Pulp Fiction:

"When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle"

Last edited:

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
The United States has more incarcerated than any other country in the world. One out of every 100 American citizens is incarcerated, and of that, 95 percent of those who are incarcerated are in jail for substance abuse-related crimes.

If the U.S. would regulate marijuana use, as they do cigarettes and alcohol, the jails would not be quite as crowded. Colorado is leading the way with state-regulated pot stores.

FWIW, T-Rex was set up by a pool player trying to save his own neck. Tony was a courier who was trying to make a quick buck, and he took a gamble in doing so. He's a good friend of mine, and I know he's a nice person. It pains me to see him give out 7 years of his life for a one-time mistake in judgment. Like pool, he went for the long shot in the corner pocket, hoping to score a win. Instead, he got big L for a loss and is doing his time. I can't wait for him to get out.

As far as Rodney goes, he has the admiration of many a person, not only because he shoots extraordinarily well, has an amiable personality to match, but he isn't a rat, like the pool player who set Tony Chohan up.

If I had been busted for all the transgressions I've made in my life, and I'm almost 60, I'd probably still be in jail. Everybody has skeletons in their closet, and nobody is perfect. As such, we are all members of God's human family.

In addition to most crimes being drug related the great majority of peeps in prison commited thier non drug related crimes while intoxicated (drugs and or alcohol).

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In addition to most crimes being drug related the great majority of peeps in prison commited thier non drug related crimes while intoxicated (drugs and or alcohol).

Exactly right. That is truly my point. The prison system is overcrowded, and the Feds are now outsourcing prison management. It's a big industry these days.

People wouldn't be able to make any money in illegal marijuana, the way they do today, if it was legalized and regulated, like alcohol. You don't hear of anybody smuggling liquor from South America or overseas.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Stuff if JAM.

How am I talking out of my a-s-s?

I never said I know him other than seeing him at the IPT and in a few pool halls. I made that clear. WTF are you talking about> I assume he's is in jail for committing a crime. I said I liked him and he seemed like a real big kid. But you say I'm talking out of my a-s-s??

Here a photo of Tony too...

You don't really know him, and you're now talking out your a-s-s when you make assumptions about him. I know the entire story. I remember seeing him at the 2002 Open. He reminded me of my puppy, full of play and lots of laughs. There ain't a bad bone in his body. You're entitled to your opinion, but just to be clear, you don't know him at all.

Here's Tony from 2002 when I first met him. He's was just a kid, first time on the East Coast from California.

Attachments

• Tony_Chohan.jpg
    Tony_Chohan.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 525

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stuff if JAM.

How am I talking out of my a-s-s?

I never said I know him other than seeing him at the IPT and in a few pool halls. I made that clear. WTF are you talking about> I assume he's is in jail for committing a crime. I said I liked him and he seemed like a real big kid. But you say I'm talking out of my a-s-s??

Here a photo of Tony too...

You leave Tony Chohan alone. The man is going through enough right now in his life, don't you think? He was set up by a rat.

Plus, he is not here to defend himself on this forum, but I am. Find somebody else to ridicule behind your "Hungarian" forum identity. :mad:

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You leave Tony Chohan alone. The man is going through enough right now in his life, don't you think? He was set up by a rat.

Plus, he is not here to defend himself on this forum, but I am. Find somebody else to ridicule behind your "Hungarian" forum identity. :mad:

I dont care if he was set up or not. He is a grown man and knew what would happen if he got caught.
He put himself in his situation. No one is picking on him.

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not trying to argue with you or stir the pot and I'm sure Tony is a a nice guy or whatever but he is going through a rough time because he committed a crime and got caught. Regardless if he was set up or not facts are facts and this rough time you speak of he is going through is because of choices HE made, and even if he was here to defend himself I don't see how he could. People make bad decisions and get punished when caught, life goes on that's about all you can say..IMO

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont care if he was set up or not. He is a grown man and knew what would happen if he got caught.
He put himself in his situation. No one is picking on him.

You're missing my point, I guess.

First off, this thread isn't about Tony or Rodney. It's about the Boxing Brits.

Tony Chohan is a friend of mine, and as such, I won't sit here and read rubbish about him. Yes, he did the crime, and he was set up by a pool-playing rat who still walks the streets while Tony sits in jail. Tony could have rolled over and freed himself, but he didn't. He did the crime; he's paying the time. Nobody, at least not me, is saying what he did was right and that we should all bend down and praise him.

For some forum member of a pool forum to cast judgment on what Tony did, especially when they don't know the entire circumstances, and make statements about Tony's character, I think it's wrong. As such, since I am friends with Tony, I'm going to stand up for him on this thread.

I'll bet if you look deep down at yourself and your entire life, you're not an angel either. None of us are. The only difference is Tony got caught. For anybody to say he's probably done this before, well, that's when the hair stands up on the back of my neck, and I fear the words that will spew from my fingertips combatting the ignorance.