Question about APA

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
"man up"? Please explain the logic behind that. Feel free to pm me.

You're whining and seeking support. When you go to a pool hall you're in a place of public accommodation, people - some polite and some not are probably going to show up to bang around, drink, eat, etc.... it's not a big deal. At tournament time or match time the venue will probably do their best to keep the riff raff down and out of your way, at practice time the place will likely be a little more accessable to the masses and well, some may get in your way. That's the price we pay when we go out in public, you're likely to encounter other life forms, some may even be APA players. Quit whining about it - man up
To pm would not be logical

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go look at RunoutJJ's comments in the other APA thread. Looks like I'm right.

It looks like you're right if you assume that if someone else makes an arrogant, foolish comment that corroborates your viewpoint, then you must be right. I would have drawn a different conclusion from the two matching viewpoints.

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
but again like everything there is a bad side.. handy cap will not develop good players in a league where you can't have people can't get better or your team splits up.

This falls under the heading "how to build a good team" in the APA Enjoyment Manual. If you put together a team of strong players, you did it wrong. I've never had a team split up. Right now, we are close since we have 7-7-5-5-4-4-3-2. Still, we can field 5 players even when a few people go up.

KMRUNOUT

Banks

Banned
SBE? Planning on going all 4 days.

That would be sweet, but no. Will be in nyc for a bit. Hoping to find a bar with tables at least, preferably near the southern half of central park, like 56th-86th. I'd like to check out one of the halls, though I'll have to convince others. Any pool bars around there?

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be sweet, but no. Will be in nyc for a bit. Hoping to find a bar with tables at least, preferably near the southern half of central park, like 56th-86th. I'd like to check out one of the halls, though I'll have to convince others. Any pool bars around there?

There's Eastside on 86th and 3rd, but you'll actually be about 20 minutes away from Steinway by train. Finnegan does the weekly tournaments on Monday (handicapped) and Wednesday (non-handicapped), Then there's Society and Amsterdam which are closer to the downtown/Union Square area. It's pretty easy to get around by train from where you'll be, and everything is nearby. Just avoid rush hour. If you're looking for more of a bar atmosphere, I think there's a bunch on 9th ave, not sure which ones have tables. You could also try Break Billiards, a few blocks away from Steinway. That place is more of a bar with 9 foot tables.

Banks

Banned
There's Eastside on 86th and 3rd, but you'll actually be about 20 minutes away from Steinway by train. Finnegan does the weekly tournaments on Monday (handicapped) and Wednesday (non-handicapped), Then there's Society and Amsterdam which are closer to the downtown/Union Square area. It's pretty easy to get around by train from where you'll be, and everything is nearby. Just avoid rush hour. If you're looking for more of a bar atmosphere, I think there's a bunch on 9th ave, not sure which ones have tables. You could also try Break Billiards, a few blocks away from Steinway. That place is more of a bar with 9 foot tables.

Thanks, i appreciate it.

I'll be there on a friday til wednesday, then up the coast. My friends know a couple of folks there, so they're hoping to get together for a drink.. if not, we'll just have to drink on our own!

Tournament would be nice, but not sure i could convince the group. It would be easier to hit a nearby bar and hope for some easy action. Hmm.. could try to check the local leagues for locations and slip in with my apa hat. :thumbup

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
trob...You posted a lot in this thread, and assume you know about the APA. Apparently you missed the fact that there are only THREE sessions per year...not 4.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Well you have 4 sessions a year so there's plenty of chances to get a trophy lol the patches are silly. I mean how many 9 on the break patches do you need? I'm a 9 and you should see how excited people get when they beat me because they get an "I beat a 9 patch" lol

I enjoy apa 9 ball but it is what it is...it's made for the casual to middle skill level players and they eat that stuff up I guess.