Race to 100 betting $20,000 of your own money. Who would you pick??

Mcdermott1981

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a fun hypothetical question here. Here is the situation. If you could personally pick one player from the entire world to race to 100 playing 10 ball on a 9ft Diamond with $20,000 of your own money on the line, who would you pick to be your player?

Think of all the top players to choose from: SVB, Jayson Shaw, Dennis Orcollo, Johann Chua, Ko Pin Yi, Chang Jun Lin, Darren Appleton, Ruslan Chinahov, Neils Feijen, etc.

Who would your pick be?

It would be a tough one for me and I have watched all of these players and many other players on this level play countless times.

If I was betting $20,000 of my own money today, I would pick Ko Pin Yi!!! Love the way he plays. Has a huge break, almost never makes mistakes and is one of the few players that seems to have Shane's number of the last few years.

I'd be curious to see everybody else's pick.

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If i pick someone not listed, can i get odds on my money? :) I would take Wu.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Based on the resumes, of the world's elite, in races to 100, Ima go with Shane. His record is pretty flush. For my 20k anyway. He's been there done that several times. Shaw is on fire right now, but he's liable to go left at anytime. Plus these long races seem to be Shane's forté.

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since this we're dealing in hypotheticals and fantasies, can it be anyone from any time in history? If so, Harold Worst or 1980's Jose Parica.

Mcdermott1981

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No disrespect Mr. Baron, but I don't know if Parica would be the best choice. I was at the Derby in 2006 and Parica told me the only player that ever beat him gambling playing even 9 ball was Johnny Archer. So if that was true and I assume it was since Parica told me that, I would pick Archer over Parica in that format.

In regards to Wu, I cannot argue with you there. That is the one guy that Shane said he hopes to gamble with one day. That would be one hell of a match!!

With regards to Harold Worst, he might of been the best 9 ball player ever for 3 years or so. He passed way too early to be in this equation in my opinion. But Ronnie Allen said the only player that he ever saw beat Luther Lassiter even 9 ball was Harold Worst. Wish we could've seen more of him.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first paragraph is what the scientific circles call some 'dumb ass shit'.

No disrespect Mr. Baron, but I don't know if Parica would be the best choice. I was at the Derby in 2006 and Parica told me the only player that ever beat him gambling playing even 9 ball was Johnny Archer. So if that was true and I assume it was since Parica told me that, I would pick Archer over Parica in that format.

In regards to Wu, I cannot argue with you there. That is the one guy that Shane said he hopes to gamble with one day. That would be one hell of a match!!

With regards to Harold Worst, he might of been the best 9 ball player ever for 3 years or so. He passed way too early to be in this equation in my opinion. But Ronnie Allen said the only player that he ever saw beat Luther Lassiter even 9 ball was Harold Worst. Wish we could've seen more of him.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JL Chang in a heartbeat. I love Ko but they were trained to be tournament mercenaries & not for gambling as their dad was not a fan of them getting involved with that. JL on the other hand loves to gamble especially on his own dime & is ruthless.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody, because they will all dump.
I'd have a better chance to play myself. At least i would try and not dump.

Mcdermott1981

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Balled, I assume they call you that for a reason. Not only did Parica tell me that story, but before that, everybody in the room was talking about who the best 9 ball player of all time was. Parica looked at me and pointed his finger across the room and said "he is the best 9 ball player I have ever seen". That person was once again Johnny Archer.

Do you still feel like that was a dumb ass comment? If you ever get the chance to ask Parica about that story first hand, please feel free to and let me know what he tells you.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had to pick, I'd pick the one that had some cash in his pocket at that moment. Hopefully that would reduce my chances of being dumped and cut up.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A LOT of good drinks, 2 ladies for company and the most awesomest accomodation.
That's money well spent, not on gambling.

Cheers, live a little!

Mcdermott1981

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always find it funny when people put "gambling" in a different class than tournament play. For example, before the Derby this year, I don't believe many people considered Karl Boyes a "back room gambler", yet he still beat the pants off of Oscar. I don't think anybody can deny the amount of gambling Oscar has done. There is far more pressure in a World Championship or a Mosconi Cup for example than a single gambling match for say $10,000-$20,000. So with that being said, I still have my money on Big Ko.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Jaiqing Wu hands down don't think anyone on your list would even get to the hill vs him in a race to 100. SVB would probably be the closest.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Jaiqing Wu hands down don't think anyone on your list would even get to the hill vs him in a race to 100. SVB would probably be the closest.

Hmmmmm. How did all those predictions of yours about Hillary turn out??? Never mind, I know :thumbup:. I think SVB would TRUMP Wu. Just my humble opinion.

Prince H

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Balled, I assume they call you that for a reason. Not only did Parica tell me that story, but before that, everybody in the room was talking about who the best 9 ball player of all time was. Parica looked at me and pointed his finger across the room and said "he is the best 9 ball player I have ever seen". That person was once again Johnny Archer.

Do you still feel like that was a dumb ass comment? If you ever get the chance to ask Parica about that story first hand, please feel free to and let me know what he tells you.

I have heard this about Parica as well. I may have heard it on an Accu-Stats vid? Either way, it rang true when I read it, FWIW.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always find it funny when people put "gambling" in a different class than tournament play. For example, before the Derby this year, I don't believe many people considered Karl Boyes a "back room gambler", yet he still beat the pants off of Oscar. I don't think anybody can deny the amount of gambling Oscar has done. There is far more pressure in a World Championship or a Mosconi Cup for example than a single gambling match for say $10,000-$20,000. So with that being said, I still have my money on Big Ko.
I disagree, again...re the pressure.