RE-CUT Fixture

Mc2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not selling a copy Jim, mine is an improvement over your and Paul Mottey's design.

Thanks Hangemhigh, you have helped me make up my mind. I was working on some improvements on this fixture. I will not display them here in a public forum. I don't want my designs to get taken again. Not really hurting me, just anyone else interested. Hey, that actually helps. I can work on cues. No need to help anyone else. LOL.

Jim.

cutter

Steve Klein Custom Cues
Silver Member
Re cut

Ever wonder why Doctors & such are so successful and fairly often wealthy?

It's because they work with each other, not against!

Sure they do!!!, just try and copy one of their patented procedures and
bang, big law suite. They usually work with each other so each can charge a consultation fee.

By the way, my recut fixture was made by Tommy from TNS
I really don't know who was the first one with the idea. But I had mine long before Lee came out with his. Not sure about Paul Mottey.
My only concern with the Delrin design is how twist resistant is the set(indexing) screw into Delrin. Mine have two set screws and both pieces are steel. Yes you have to be careful, but I don't worry about the male part being slightly off no matter how many times it goes back into the female part.

No matter who makes them, or what they are made of, they are sure a great help in making cues.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Here is my perspective:

For over a month I watched as hate and discontent was fomented in this forum because of this fixture. No one stepped up and made them available for their fellow cue makers, instead they sat by and did nothing. After it was clear the they would not be offered by anyone originally connected to them, I decided to help out those who were asking, pleading for this fixture.

I had to modify the fixture I had to make it accurate enough to use, as well as modify how it attached to the front, so I knew what would make for a better fixture. When I saw others offer their interpretation of this fixture I felt it was OK for me to do so as well. Since those who were being asked to supply the fixture were silent to the requests of their fellow cue makers, I believed I would not be stepping on any one's toes and built several to satisfy the demand.

As one of our fellow cue makers pointed out, this is an item that will not be in constant demand, so sales would be limited to those who did not have one.

I will not concern myself with orders barked from someone who offers no proof they own the design, or continually disregards requests for the fixture from their peers. My actions were to fill a need, and as you can plainly see from my price, were taken in the best interests of the cue maker.

Crediting me with actions you may take, spouting veiled threats, and making excuses for your past and future apathy has no correlation to me or my actions.

Last edited:

RocketQ

It's Not Rocket Science
Silver Member
Here is my perspective:

For over a month I watched as hate and discontent was fomented in this forum because of this fixture. No one stepped up and made them available for their fellow cue makers, instead they sat by and did nothing. After it was clear the they would not be offered by anyone originally connected to them, I decided to help out those who were asking, pleading for this fixture.

I had to modify the fixture I had to make it accurate enough to use, as well as modify how it attached to the front, so I knew what would make for a better fixture. When I saw others offer their interpretation of this fixture I felt it was OK for me to do so as well. Since those who were being asked to supply the fixture were silent to the requests of their fellow cue makers, I believed I would not be stepping on any one's toes and built several to satisfy the demand.

As one of our fellow cue makers pointed out, this is an item that will not be in constant demand, so sales would be limited to those who did not have one.

I will not concern myself with orders barked from someone who offers no proof they own the design, or continually disregards the requests for the fixture from their peers. My actions were to fill a need, and as you can plainly see from my price, were taken in the best interests of the cue maker.

Crediting me with actions you may take, spouting veiled threats, and making excuses for your past and future apathy has no correlation to me or my actions.

I did offer these and it seems nobody wanted them for that price. After making some of the different design I set on. I realized the price was too low so now the price went up. Good luck on your sales.

John

Wayne-Holmes

Professional Retiree
The key words are "patented procedure". The only way a person will avoid their work being copied is to not post photos or not share the info. Professional courtesy doesn't seem to count for much nowadays.

Unless a person files for and is approved a patent, being first & $1.49 will get them a cup of coffee...That's about it. I can document mine with a photo of it laying on a Jan 24th, 1995 newspaper. If anyone pre-dates mine that's fine...I'd just as soon have the coffee.
Sure they do!!!, just try and copy one of their patented procedures and
bang, big law suite. They usually work with each other so each can charge a consultation fee.

By the way, my recut fixture was made by Tommy from TNS
I really don't know who was the first one with the idea. But I had mine long before Lee came out with his. Not sure about Paul Mottey.
My only concern with the Delrin design is how twist resistant is the set(indexing) screw into Delrin. Mine have two set screws and both pieces are steel. Yes you have to be careful, but I don't worry about the male part being slightly off no matter how many times it goes back into the female part.

No matter who makes them, or what they are made of, they are sure a great help in making cues.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
No need to help anyone else. LOL.

I should say so. Not trying to be rude but why would you be interested in helping anyone obtain a re cut fixture?

Seriously, people have been asking for these going on a few months now.
Tommy steps up and makes a few and now its an issue?

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Ever wonder why Doctors & such are so successful and fairly often wealthy?

It's because they work with each other, not against!

Doctors in America are rich because they and the other "for profit" zealots overcharge for everything here. If you think that the medical professionals in this Country don't compete FIERCELY then you are mistaken. Call Sepracor and ask them if they mind you marketing Lunesta under another name and see what happens. BTW, four dollars a pill IS a JOKE and they laugh all the way to the bank.

I have a friend in Finland who is studying to become a doctor and they have a joke that goes "doctors in Finland drive VW's, if you want to drive a Ferrari, be a doctor in America".

I guess that was a bit off topic, but.......

The difference between "them" and "us" is the resources to bury someone who MIGHT infringe.

I'm not choosing sides here. We all know that MONTHS ago Lee said he was going to produce these, there was interest, and that he never followed through. I don't remember anyone saying anything to Lee about how he copied THEIR design, even though he has been known to do so in the past.

Last edited:

BLACKHEARTCUES

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've PMed HANGEMHIGH 3 times. I told him that if he had a STEEl one I wanted it. For what ever reason he continues to post that he has them for sale. I also PMed Lee several times & still nothing. If anyone has one of these, I would like it. PM me...JER

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
I've PMed HANGEMHIGH 3 times. I told him that if he had a STEEl one I wanted it. For what ever reason he continues to post that he has them for sale. I also PMed Lee several times & still nothing. If anyone has one of these, I would like it. PM me...JER

Hey JER, the last 3 times I PM'ed you , your box was full. The last time you responded was 1-31 asking if I had them in steel. I replied I did, but your box was full. I sent 2 more PM's in the next 5 days and each time it said your box was full. I made one in steel for you that day and have it ready to send to you. PM sent.

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey JER, the last 3 times I PM'ed you , your box was full. The last time you responded was 1-31 asking if I had them in steel. I replied I did, but your box was full. I sent 2 more PM's in the next 5 days and each time it said your box was full. I made one in steel for you that day and have it ready to send to you. PM sent.

That is one good thing about being a club member. Larger PM storage. :smile:

brianna187

BRIANNA SINCE 1988
Silver Member
I got a pm reply from you that you cleared your pm box. I sent you a pm originally to ask you to stop selling a copy of my re-cut fixture. So here it is. I am asking you to stop selling a copy of this fixture.

Jim.

jim is 100% right here he did come up with the idea which we took and showed to Paul mottey and he added his thoughts to the project at that point we make some up which were extremly accurate and so your right jim he did copy the idea i dont blame you for your coments on not helping or posting pictures of a new recut fixture and know offensense but the quality on these look like a high school project 100% accuracy is needed on these when doing recuts a .0001 off times 6 is not acceptable when doing this operation you get what pay for in life no matter

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
jim is 100% right here he did come up with the idea which we took and showed to Paul mottey and he added his thoughts to the project at that point we make some up which were extremly accurate and so your right jim he did copy the idea i dont blame you for your coments on not helping or posting pictures of a new recut fixture and know offensense but the quality on these look like a high school project 100% accuracy is needed on these when doing recuts a .0001 off times 6 is not acceptable when doing this operation you get what pay for in life no matter

Maybe Jim should blame you for not following through, Somebody made some fixtures because you couldnt make it happen....now you come back acting like a little drama queen trying to stir up ..it. You should go back to making your high school key chains. I'm baffled at how you continue to show up like you have some credibility.

FYI: great ideas get copied, ultimately its frustrating for designers but they should be flattered.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
FYI: great ideas get copied, ultimately its frustrating for designers but they should be flattered.

Unfortunately, flattered doesn't get the money back that you lose from design theft. Theft is theft, period. Nobody should feel good or flattered about it. The whole, "copying is the highest form of flattery" is some crap thieves say trying to make victims feel better about their situation. And in this cue making machinery industry, there's a LOT of "flattery" going on. Originality says a lot about a person's character. JMO