Received my Pro 1/CTE DVD today

JC

Coos Cues
i have sent you pictures,videos in pm that i will not put public in detal and tell you to get back to me and you don't? you don't want this work, its obvious

I am afraid of your volatility I have seen on display from you since I have been a member here. I didn't ask you to send me anything and ignored you when you offered your help. What more can I do? I think you're a childish *****. I do not want this system to fail. I want to understand it. Again thank you to all who have supplemented this DVD with explanations in other words.

champ2107

Banned
I am afraid of your volatility I have seen on display from you since I have been a member here. I didn't ask you to send me anything and ignored you when you offered your help. What more can I do? I think you're a childish *****. I do not want this system to fail. I want to understand it. Again thank you to all who have supplemented this DVD with explanations in other words.

you can think of me anyway you want, i dont really care! i have concluded your not a bright guy already by your original post! good luck and you will be on ignore and make sure you let everyone know when its all said and done that you failed by starting a new thread again, to impress people you dont even know!!! im sure that will move your credibility on Az up a level which i wouldn't doubt means a lot to you. good luck

Last edited:

pablocruz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may have not been clear. What I mean is the bridge length doesn't matter since there is no manual pivoting involved. Of course the bridge needs to be in a position so the cue is on the shot line. Exactly where on the shot line is not so delicate as it is with manual CTE. The shot itself may dictate a certain bridge distance such as up against a rail or very short shots, but that doesn't have to do with the aiming system.

That makes sense!! The bridge placement and pivot point are co-located!!

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the obvious answer. The obvious question is how does CTE assist your instinct and experience?

It's pretty clear that you determine that spot using your instinct and experience, assisted by the preshot discipline of using the system alignments. If we could get the system users to stop self-detonating whenever "instinct and experience" is mentioned, we might (some day) have a conversation about how that assistance works.

pj
chgo

Aren't you supposed to be up in the main forum? you have vowed to never use an aiming system, get out of here.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I didn't want it to work I wouldn't be working on it. I just can't see the ****ing spot to put my hand down in order to make it work without somehow aiming. I've shot hundreds of shots trying it. Some go in and some do not. You see now why I didn't ask for or want your help? This thread has already gotten ugly due to your "help". Thanks Neil, Mohrt, Scott for trying to help me. I'll figure it out or not. Can't take this shit any more.

If you are serious about this, and you seem to be, don't let a few posts get to you or distract from your learning. I know it can be hard... :)

As for the bridge hand, it's emphasized in the DVD to slide in toward the cue ball once you have the correct visualization. That's really just a way to make sure you stay on the correct perceived aim line on your way to the ball. If you can do it accurately with your eyes, you wouldn't even need to do that.

Think about normal ghost ball shooting. Your eyes are looking at a point, ghost ball, etc. As you walk into the shot, bend down, etc., you don't give much consideration to your bridge placement, feet placement, etc., especially once you have played for a while. Your body and bridge hand just align in order to support your eyes telling you where the stick needs to be to make the shot.

It's really no different with CTE/Pro1, especially the Pro1 part. It was more difficult in the beginning because it feels different and you are trying to make sense of it, but just let your eyes guide you into position, if you have the correct visual and perform the pivot you will end up on the correct line of aim.

Scott

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
If you are serious about this, and you seem to be, don't let a few posts get to you or distract from your learning. I know it can be hard... :)

As for the bridge hand, it's emphasized in the DVD to slide in toward the cue ball once you have the correct visualization. That's really just a way to make sure you stay on the correct perceived aim line on your way to the ball. If you can do it accurately with your eyes, you wouldn't even need to do that.

Think about normal ghost ball shooting. Your eyes are looking at a point, ghost ball, etc. As you walk into the shot, bend down, etc., you don't give much consideration to your bridge placement, feet placement, etc., especially once you have played for a while. Your body and bridge hand just align in order to support your eyes telling you where the stick needs to be to make the shot.

It's really no different with CTE/Pro1, especially the Pro1 part. It was more difficult in the beginning because it feels different and you are trying to make sense of it, but just let your eyes guide you into position, if you have the correct visual and perform the pivot you will end up on the correct line of aim.

Scott

Makes sense...thank you!

JC

Coos Cues

Scott

Thanks Scott that does make sense.

Got a chance to ask Johnny Archer and Nick Varner last night how they aim during the QA session of their exhibition here. It was enlightening. Attending their clinic tonight and hope to learn more.

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea, met with those guys when they came through here as well, both were informative but definitely invidualistic and "old school" when it came to certain things. I asked Johnny about back hand english and he seemed astounded by the whole concept, I stopped asking questions since I didn't want to screw them up like I am thinking about all of this stuff all the time... :)

They were both great and both have such natural talent and knowledge/experience with the game it was fun chatting with them.
Scott

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea, met with those guys when they came through here as well, both were informative but definitely invidualistic and "old school" when it came to certain things. I asked Johnny about back hand english and he seemed astounded by the whole concept, I stopped asking questions since I didn't want to screw them up like I am thinking about all of this stuff all the time... :)

They were both great and both have such natural talent and knowledge/experience with the game it was fun chatting with them.
Scott

Are you saying Johnny doesn't know anything about BHE?

JC

Coos Cues
Are you saying Johnny doesn't know anything about BHE?

We asked Nick Varner last night and he said he has never even really tried it. He simply adjusts his bridge hand left or right and his aim accordingly. I watched JA closely for this and it appears he does about the same thing. Earlier in the day one of my good friends and I were discussing CTE and he asked me how I aimed. When we asked Johnny later that night it was weird because his answer sounded almost exactly like what I had said. I could see the look on my buddies face while JA was describing how he aimed. This was very reassuring to me. But I still want to understand CTE because it obviously works even if no one can explain exactly why in layman's terms.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I still want to understand CTE because it obviously works even if no one can explain exactly why in layman's terms.
Many people have explained exactly why in layman's terms, beginning with the first discussion of fractional systems many years ago. The explanation is always the same; it's just not the explanation that some system users want to hear.

pj
chgo

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Many people have explained exactly why in layman's terms, beginning with the first discussion of fractional systems many years ago. The explanation is always the same; it's just not the explanation that some system users want to hear.

pj
chgo

And it's the explanation from people who will not learn the methods, who do not know the steps, and who knock the methods from every angle.

Of course someone who does know how it works does not want to hear from someone like you when it comes to explaining how they are doing what they are doing.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
We asked Nick Varner last night and he said he has never even really tried it. He simply adjusts his bridge hand left or right and his aim accordingly. I watched JA closely for this and it appears he does about the same thing. Earlier in the day one of my good friends and I were discussing CTE and he asked me how I aimed. When we asked Johnny later that night it was weird because his answer sounded almost exactly like what I had said. I could see the look on my buddies face while JA was describing how he aimed. This was very reassuring to me. But I still want to understand CTE because it obviously works even if no one can explain exactly why in layman's terms.

I talked with Johnny at length about this in China. Johnny has his own way of aiming that is systematic in nature. By this I mean he sights the same way each time and slides into the shot with the bridge hand and tip addressing the ball where he wants to hit it.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Me:
...it's just not the explanation that some system users want to hear.
John:
Of course someone who does know how it works does not want to hear from someone like you when it comes to explaining how they are doing what they are doing.
To wit...

pj
chgo

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
To wit...

pj
chgo

Sure. Let me put it another way to be a little more blunt. You don't know how it works. You don't know the steps, you refuse to learn them.

So your blanket explanation is that it's feel and subconscious adjustment.

Which is wrong.

champ2107

Banned
Sure. Let me put it another way to be a little more blunt. You don't know how it works. You don't know the steps, you refuse to learn them.

So your blanket explanation is that it's feel and subconscious adjustment.

Which is wrong.

i will take subconscious adjustments all day long! i was taught by the system where my positioning should be and how to make the shot and i hope I immediately and unconsciously adjusts if i am off line!... good thing for me i am systematic shooter!! :thumbup:

subconscious adjustments is good for you!
Patrick Johnson is bad for you! lol

Last edited:

champ2107

Banned
I know the steps better than you do. Most importantly, I know where the "steps" end and the seat-of-the-pants flying begins - something you refuse to learn.

pj
chgo

not that you will risk posting an answer to this with your selective answering, but i will ask anyway. Can yo explain where the steps end you describe above? i know this is to risky a question for you to answer, i get it. Pick a few words out of this post and make a lil joke as usual and sweep the question under the carpet like you usually do :)

Last edited: