Revo, Becue comparisons

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone provide an honest comparison/revue between the Revo and BeCue?

I have a BeCue, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet.

I hit balls with a Revo shaft and a BeCue before I bought it and I think the BeCue hits better than the Revo, but that is my opinion, only.

I'm not used to their 5.1 shaft with the conical taper because I have always used a pro taper and a much thicker shaft; however, I can get used to anything if I put in enough time with it. I have their new "pro-taper" shaft on order and should receive it soon. I prefer pro tapers because I'm "old school" and use a closed bridge on the majority of my shots. Anyone who uses an open bridge would probably have no problem with their original 5.1 conical taper shaft.

I also have the weight bolt system, but I haven't toyed around with it. The cue comes standard at 19 ounces and that is how I've been using it for my limited time.

The cue hits really "solid" and feels nothing like some of the other products that use materials, other than wood, in their shafts. The is little, to no, vibration on shots, even if you hit way off center on the cue ball. To me, that is a "plus".

I plan on doing a review, once I get a chance to put more time in with it and it will probably be after I get the new shaft. That way, I can make a comparison of them.

medallio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to test a becue, but alas none around here and I won't buy without trying.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own the REVO and spent a few hours with a friend's BeCue (his wife got it for him on Kick-Starter as a surprise, good wife - bad cue).

For me there is no comparison,The REVO wins hands down. It has a better taper, is considerably smoother, doesn't show dirt nearly as much, and most importantly is far more accurate. The BeCue for me did not feel low deflection, had a terrible hit, and provided far less action on the cue ball. The butt's finish was orange peeled and the edges on the machine parts felt like they came from a cheap hardware store.

Obviously this is just one man's opinion, and I've played with Predators stuff for some time, but that BeCue made me feel terrible for my buddy and his wife. How do you look at your girl who tried to surprise you with an amazing gift, and you find out it defects more, is less accurate, and costs a lot compared to what you already had... That happened to play better.

Attachments

• becue1.jpg
    becue1.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 979
  • becue2.jpg
    becue2.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 982
  • becue3.jpg
    becue3.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 988
  • becue4.jpg
    becue4.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 985
  • becue5.jpg
    becue5.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 978

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone provide an honest comparison/revue between the Revo and BeCue?

Here is a link to a major BeCue thread. In the first post is numerous links to members reviews, some that have been here for years and have a high reputation.

BeCue is impressive. What is most impressive is the diameter.

I have over 200 hours on my BeCue 5.1 and it plays stellar. Doesn't get dirty unless you smudge your thumb in Kamui chalk and press it on. But that easily wipes off.

Many players like the white over the black because it isn't as distracting.

My BeCue was made in the first kick starter and it's constructed really well. You can read my full review in the link provided in the main thread.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own the REVO and spent a few hours with a friend's BeCue (his wife got it for him on Kick-Starter as a surprise, good wife - bad cue).

For me there is no comparison,The REVO wins hands down. It has a better taper, is considerably smoother, doesn't show dirt nearly as much, and most importantly is far more accurate. The BeCue for me did not feel low deflection, had a terrible hit, and provided far less action on the cue ball. The butt's finish was orange peeled and the edges on the machine parts felt like they came from a cheap hardware store.

Obviously this is just one man's opinion, and I've played with Predators stuff for some time, but that BeCue made me feel terrible for my buddy and his wife. How do you look at your girl who tried to surprise you with an amazing gift, and you find out it defects more, is less accurate, and costs a lot compared to what you already had... That happened to play better.

The cue doesn't work right if you take a belt sander to the butt and a police predator chalk finger print test on the shaft.
:D

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member

EWWWW! Not touching that with Earls javelin! Looks really shoddy, and when you factor in the price, there is no way I'm buying this. Thanks for your review and nice pictures! We tend to get a lot of shills here, so an honest review is most welcome.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Here is a link to a major BeCue thread. In the first post is numerous links to members reviews, some that have been here for years and have a high reputation.

BeCue is impressive. What is most impressive is the diameter.

I have over 200 hours on my BeCue 5.1 and it plays stellar. Doesn't get dirty unless you smudge your thumb in Kamui chalk and press it on. But that easily wipes off.

Many players like the white over the black because it isn't as distracting.

My BeCue was made in the first kick starter and it's constructed really well. You can read my full review in the link provided in the main thread.

Hmm..Really? I seem to recall there were several problems with the finish being mentioned in the reviews. Anyway, one simply cannot trust the reviews on here. Several people are being compensated to speak positively about products, so their opinions are worth next to nothing. That's probably more of a problem with the bigger brand, though it cannot be ruled out ever.

Pictures speak louder than words, and hands on experience is worth a billion pictures. There will be no hands on for me, after watching those pictures. It looks really shoddily put together.

Normally I don't really care a lot about a cues finish, but when the cue is carbon fiber, it becomes hugely important! Carbon fiber won't hold up like wood if left unprotected. With badly applied finish, one has to expect lifting, bubbling and later finish coming off! Certainly fibers can portrude through and ruin the cues feel. What are you going to do then? Use bondo?

Though I don't really love the Revo, it's a quality product. If I had to play with it, I'd probably grow to like it.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm..Really? I seem to recall there were several problems with the finish being mentioned in the reviews. Anyway, one simply cannot trust the reviews on here. Several people are being compensated to speak positively about products, so their opinions are worth next to nothing. That's probably more of a problem with the bigger brand, though it cannot be ruled out ever.

Pictures speak louder than words, and hands on experience is worth a billion pictures. There will be no hands on for me, after watching those pictures. It looks really shoddily put together.

Normally I don't really care a lot about a cues finish, but when the cue is carbon fiber, it becomes hugely important! Carbon fiber won't hold up like wood if left unprotected. With badly applied finish, one has to expect lifting, bubbling and later finish coming off! Certainly fibers can portrude through and ruin the cues feel. What are you going to do then? Use bondo?

Though I don't really love the Revo, it's a quality product. If I had to play with it, I'd probably grow to like it.

Anything can happen, my friend.
I tend to be skeptical of third party "I know a guy" reviews....

Remember this?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=444476

You never know until you try it yourself.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Anything can happen, my friend.
I tend to be skeptical of third party "I know a guy" reviews....

Remember this?

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=444476

You never know until you try it yourself.

Agree with the last sentence.

Though pictures are important whenever you can't try it first.

I cannot honestly compare the Revo to the BeCue as I'd have to buy it, for that to happen. I can compare the Revo to wooden cues and glued ld cues, though. The Revo has a very stiff hit, moves the ball well and is low deflection. It does make a sound when you stroke it, but only a few will find it distracting. The fit and finish is excellent and I haven't seen one break yet, apart from the one pictured in your post. I have seen SEVERAL dinged ones on Ebay, though, so it's certainly not immune to dings. Is it better than a good maple shaft? I don't think so, though if you want ld and a stiff hit, it should serve you well.

As someone who's owned a fiberglass cue in the past, I'd say that having the cue dinged and knowing there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it, is extremely frustrating. With a wooden shaft, all you need is an iron, some water and a normal milk glass, and you can fix almost anything, apart from deep cuts where the wood fibers are actually torn. That is very rare indeed. With carbon fiber, not only can't you easily fix the dent, but you have to worry about future breakage as well...No thanks.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
and you find out it defects more, is less accurate, and costs a lot compared to what you already had... That happened to play better.

You can ask 1,000 people what cue "plays better" and get 1,000 different responses.

The same goes for accuracy and costs.

Give me a month or two to spend with any cue that is good quality and I can be "accurate", unless it deflects a ball's width from table end to table end.

The same goes for cost. I shot with a house cue (that I doctored up) for YEARS and shot as well with it as I have with thousand+ dollar custom cues.

I have used the BeCue enough to become mildly familiar with it and it hits just as solid and accurate as just about any cue on the market...including LD and custom cues.

As far as the finish goes, mine looks like it is a quality job...time will tell. Your buddy's shaft looks like a kid has been playing with it. I use chalk religiously and I have never seen even a "smudge" on my shaft.

I'm not telling anybody to buy anything until they have seen it and tried it out first.

FWIW, my main playing cue is a 1950's Titlist house cue that was converted by Mike Pancerny in Detroit. I use a Predator 314-2 FAT shaft on it. To me, it may be the best hitting cue I have, but that may be because I always use it and have learned how it plays.

Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the BeCue with the 5.1 shaft. Not from Kickstarter campaign but from a recent purchase. I will just say that my cue is nothing like the one shown in these pictures. None of these problems present in my cue. If you want to know about this (or any other) cue, ask the guy/gal who actually owns one.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the BeCue with the 5.1 shaft. Not from Kickstarter campaign but from a recent purchase. I will just say that my cue is nothing like the one shown in these pictures. None of these problems present in my cue. If you want to know about this (or any other) cue, ask the guy/gal who actually owns one.

My Becue has high quality fit and finish as well -- Amazing how some people can go on about a cue that they have never held in their hands...

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

My BeCue is excellent. I love the thing. I shelved my 10 year JW player with LD shaft for it and my game seems to have elevated. Becues have continued to improve.

I cannot compare to Revo because I haven't tried a Revo yet. However, I can't imagine a better playing cue for me at this time.

Last edited:

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First Yes I represent Becue in the USA. Second I played with a Revo from July 2016 until March 2017 (when I received my Becue). Yes I still have my Revo. When I do demos on the road a person can compare both and I also have LD shafts to compare. Everyone that has done a demo with me has commented about the solid hit of the Becue, even when shooting down on the cue ball. Most LD shafts tend tol give a hollow sound on those shots. Third the service from the Becue company is fantastic. If the cue pictured has not been miss treated I'm sure the Becue factory would be glad to make it right. If anyone wants to demo I will be in Chicago the 11th and 12th then close to Memphis the 18th and 19th and south of St.Louis on the 13th and 14th. The 15th I will be traveling from the St. Louis area back to Northerner Indiana. If anyone wants a demo or needs help with the Becue you can contact me at USABECUEOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM

Thanks
Ricky Bryant

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First Yes I represent Becue in the USA. Second I played with a Revo from July 2016 until March 2017 (when I received my Becue). Yes I still have my Revo. When I do demos on the road a person can compare both and I also have LD shafts to compare. Everyone that has done a demo with me has commented about the solid hit of the Becue, even when shooting down on the cue ball. Most LD shafts tend tol give a hollow sound on those shots. Third the service from the Becue company is fantastic. If the cue pictured has not been miss treated I'm sure the Becue factory would be glad to make it right. If anyone wants to demo I will be in Chicago the 11th and 12th then close to Memphis the 18th and 19th and south of St.Louis on the 13th and 14th. The 15th I will be traveling from the St. Louis area back to Northerner Indiana. If anyone wants a demo or needs help with the Becue you can contact me at USABECUEOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM

Thanks
Ricky Bryant

What is the warranty on the Becue?

spidermik

Registered
Reply from Becue

Hi guys, we are Alessandro and Michele, the owners of Becue, it is not our custom to answer in the forum for the reasons we have said in the past, but in this case we think it is important to give a direct response.
1. The images show a serious aesthetic problem. All this is very far from our standards. All our cues have a standard European warranty of 2 years and we give a lifetime warranty for all structural part of the cue.
2. We have never been contacted by the owner of this cue.
3. About the performance considerations of the cue, they go in the opposite direction to the reviews and feedback received from the other customers. It is legitimate that there are players who prefer a cue than another but considering the status of this cue we would like to test it and understand what could be happened and if there are different reasons for the performances or if it is an opinion from a single player. Repeat, looking this cue we would like test it.

Probably something went wrong in quality control, the Kickstarter campaign was very intense for us and last year in a few weeks we have been transpatched from a local company to a company with customers all over the world.
In particular we have a customer care very efficient and we regret because we have not been contacted to solve this objective aesthetic problem. For us all customers are very important, and we are very grateful in particular to customers who have purchased on Kickstarter because they have allowed us to quickly expand and start an extraordinary positive word of mouth. We regret to learn about a problem like this after 10 months from purchase and not directly. But anyway if there is a problem we are here to solve it when the customer prefer.
We are a group of people who believe a lot in what we are doing, we have great ambitions and satisfied customers all over the world, we ship dozens of cues every day and we also believe that a problem can be an opportunity to demonstrate the seriousness with which you work , for this reason we hope that the owner of this cue will contact us soon at the address info@becueofficial.com to solve the problem.
Thanks
Ciao Alessandro e Michele
Becue owners

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My BeCue is excellent. I love the thing. I shelved my 10 year JW player with LD shaft for it and my game seems to have elevated. Becues have continued to improve.

I cannot compare to Revo because I haven't tried a Revo yet. However, I can't imagine a better playing cue for me at this time.

#1 - "my game seems to have elevated" .... remind me not to play you for $$$$

#2 - you are welcome to hit with mine if you are in L.A. :)

#3 - hope you have been well sir!!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
#1 - "my game seems to have elevated" .... remind me not to play you for $$$$

#2 - you are welcome to hit with mine if you are in L.A. :)

#3 - hope you have been well sir!!

Thanks Russ, waiting on your visit too! Been golfing a lot, like 3 times a week here. Loving it!

I originally bought the BeCue as partners with a buddy here to test it out. I bought out his half because I liked the cue and made it my player. The fit and finish on mine is terrific. I have no doubt that synthetic cues are the future.

Last edited: