Revo Revo Revo......Shirley you can't be serious

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
Ok... I admit I've been away from the game for a few years and just recently started playing again, but what is all the hype over these Revo shafts? When I go to the usual groups and sites, it's all I seem to hear about. $500 synthetic shafts that no retailers can keep in stock. I haven't seen this kind of phenomenon since the Nintendo Wii came out. What's the deal? Is it no longer possible to win a game without them?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok... I admit I've been away from the game for a few years and just recently started playing again, but what is all the hype over these Revo shafts? When I go to the usual groups and sites, it's all I seem to hear about. $500 synthetic shafts that no retailers can keep in stock. I haven't seen this kind of phenomenon since the Nintendo Wii came out. What's the deal? Is it no longer possible to win a game without them?
Nope. No chance. Don't have one yet? You better just quit. ;) Seriously, i've tried both REVO's and they are impressive. I wasn't real big on sound/feel but as far as how they played? VERY nice indeed.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member

You might have clean missed the spliced shaft revolution. Rumor has it the main reason to build spliced shafts was to use up crappy shaft wood. Regardless, you had to have a high dollar spliced shaft to be a player. Then the rhinoceros foreskin layered tips came in style and tips went from forty cents to forty dollars!

The laminated carbon fiber shaft is the latest must have. R&D might have been terribly expensive or they might have got it right with an early try. Tooling doesn't come cheap either. However, production cost per unit isn't much at all. Once start up costs are recouped somebody is going to make a lot of money fast on these shafts, unless somebody comes out with the ultimate spun titanium shaft first!

It is an equipment race for many people these days but I am kinda reminded of an old saying, "Beware of the man with one gun, he can probably use it!"

Hu

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one and love it. If you don’t want one I can afford one Or just think 500 is too high don’t buy one. But don’t complain it is what it is the price is what it is it is well worth it.

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow

I have a REVO and its the best shaft ever until the next best shaft ever comes out could be the predator C8 shaft wink wink

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never understood why anyone cares what anyone else spends their money on, but if it make you feel better to complain, have at it.

I’m thinking of buying some lawn darts. :thumbup:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one thing I like about golf is no one Crys and complains about equipment prices or about new technology. If it was up to some people on here we would still be playing with no tips or Chalk. You don’t have to like them. Theirs plenty of cues out there people swear by that I think I meh ... the difference is I don’t put them down for liking what they like.

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
REVO will make you at least 1 ball better.

Put that REVO on a $3000 custom cue (any maker) butt - you will be another ball better.

Use $10 chalk, another ball.

Use a $35 glove, 0.5 balls.

Kamui or other super duper layered tip, another 0.5

These are the keys to winning. Practice can only get you so far.

Oh, and a gigantic cat logo across your case that won't add balls to your game, but it will intimidate your opponent.

:rolleyes:

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
What's the deal? Is it no longer possible to win a game without them?

Ill stake my plain ol cue with a wood shaft against Predators fanciest cue in life with a Revo, both in the hands of a top tier player playing the ghost....:eek:

"if everybody's doing it....everybody will follow suit"

Last edited:

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
revo

i get a kick out of all the people on this site that talk down everything they don't personally like or understand. if you don't like the Revo don't get one but don't tell me its a piece of junk and that i shouldn't play with one. what anyone chooses to use is their own business. i guess we would have no forum at all if it wasn't for all the nay sayers so i guess i should say thank you.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So do you just play with a house cue?

REVO will make you at least 1 ball better.

Put that REVO on a $3000 custom cue (any maker) butt - you will be another ball better.

Use $10 chalk, another ball.

Use a $35 glove, 0.5 balls.

Kamui or other super duper layered tip, another 0.5

These are the keys to winning. Practice can only get you so far.

Oh, and a gigantic cat logo across your case that won't add balls to your game, but it will intimidate your opponent.

:rolleyes:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i get a kick out of all the people on this site that talk down everything they don't personally like or understand. if you don't like the Revo don't get one but don't tell me its a piece of junk and that i shouldn't play with one. what anyone chooses to use is their own business. i guess we would have no forum at all if it wasn't for all the nay sayers so i guess i should say thank you.

Welcome to az billiards where even if you never hit a ball with one you still have the opinion it sucks because your that smart to know lol

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 35 years ago

I was getting a tip replaced, and was introduced into a player and he was telling us that he had just had a pair of sneakers made, one had a sole 1/2 inch thicker than the other.
It all had to do with keeping his body level when he was bent over the table.

I guess people will buy anything they think will improve their game

localredhead

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was getting a tip replaced, and was introduced into a player and he was telling us that he had just had a pair of sneakers made, one had a sole 1/2 inch thicker than the other.
It all had to do with keeping his body level when he was bent over the table.

I guess people will buy anything they think will improve their game

If predator made those shoes - I have a feeling people would buy them and it would be the next piece of equipment. Special shoes.