Rhea the new Chapter, without Gene

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sorry but why would a self proclaimed B player be setting up such a match as a twelve ahead? This does not sound like a game such a player should be engaging in regardless of their opponent especially for such a small amount.

Plus updates during a match? Spend time focusing on the match as the updates can wait.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Game over 15 hours of pool the final nine ball fell at eight o clock. My pool time, tab, and tip was $100 total so I am only up $150. Gonna go sleep for a long time then back to the grind.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Game over 15 hours of pool the final nine ball fell at eight o clock. My pool time, tab, and tip was $100 total so I am only up $150. Gonna go sleep for a long time then back to the grind.

For a comparison, it was reported in the local paper yesterday that the avg U of I graduate is "only" about $30,000 in debt when starting out at job zero.

Nice work, there, btw,

Jeff Livingston

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
Nice!!

Well it's always nice to book a win. Too bad table time ate up close to half of ur profits. But it was more than I make at my job for one day. Lol

Keep ur head on straight, keep working hard, and the rest will take care of itself.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good job. Taking off a long set takes concentration, stamina and heart.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member

I was gonna say that $10 per hour isn't very good, but then I thought about it and $10 an hour for playing pool actually sounds much, much better than my job! Well played and good luck...:wink:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I was gonna say that $10 per hour isn't very good, but then I thought about it and $10 an hour for playing pool actually sounds much, much better than my job! Well played and good luck...:wink:

Yea but for $250, why play an ahead set? It's just not worth it and i'll bet a race to 12, she could have taken the guy for 2 sets in much less time.

mYHovII.jpg

Last edited:

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea but for $250, why play an ahead set? It's just not worth it and i'll bet a race to 12, she could have taken the guy for 2 sets in much less time.

Sometimes it's the challenge and actually proving you are the better player. Just saying this because it just came up here. I staked an 18 year old kid against a 17 year old rival. They both wanted to "prove" they were the better player. The bet was cheap but they played races to 11, two sets ahead. It took 8 hours for my player to finally take the cash. For the player it wasn't about winning the money but about proving who was better and testing themselves.

For me it was about the money.:thumbup:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Sometimes it's the challenge and actually proving you are the better player. Just saying this because it just came up here. I staked an 18 year old kid against a 17 year old rival. They both wanted to "prove" they were the better player. The bet was cheap but they played races to 11, two sets ahead. It took 8 hours for my player to finally take the cash. For the player it wasn't about winning the money but about proving who was better and testing themselves.

I totally get that and a lot of times I play people for real cheap or even give them weight when I can't, just to prove to myself I can out run it or that I'm better. But unless I'm mistaken, she's out on the road trying to make it. Putting money in her pocket is all the proof she needs at this stage.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, I believe her purpose or goals go further than just making money as a road player. Ultimately, she wants to be pro speed. She played 12 hours of pool in tournament type conditions/pressure for free and made $150. In her situation, I'd consider that a reasonable win. A lot better deal than the very expensive lesson from Joey Grey. But I'm sure she learned from that as well.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Sometimes it's the challenge and actually proving you are the better player. Just saying this because it just came up here. I staened an 18 year old kid against a 17 yeaThey Had Too r old rival. They both wanted t prove" they were the better player. The bet was cheap but they played races to 11, two sets ahead. It took 8 hours for my player to finally take the cash. For the player it wasn't about winning the money but about proving who was better and testing themselves.

Then It Isn't A Job, Its A HobbY, Which Is Ok But All This Talk Of Wages And Gross Income Versus Net Income Is Silly. For The Time Spent She Would Have Been Better Going races To 11 For $100. They Had To Have PlayeD 200+ Games In That Amount Of TIme. The Guy Was The One Testing His Skills.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
In a self-employment situation time where no activity is happening is 100% zero income. Rhea chooses her wage to the degree that she is able to win in the shortest time possible. If she wins in one hour then it's 150 for the hour and if in ten hours then it's 15 an hour gross wages. But no action for ten hours is zero income opportunity.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Rhea, congrats on what surely was an endurance test and you grinded it out. 15 hours straight, WOW! :thumbup:

Allow me to ask... Can you describe the last few hours of play and behavior? Did your opponent "crack"? You went from 3 up to 12 up relatively quickly. Did you tell him some "Yo Mommy" jokes to break him? ;)

What did you learn?

I hope to hear back when your 10 hour rest concludes. :)

Last edited: