Rhea the new Chapter, without Gene

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Hello I learned a lot. I knew the most this guy would lose is three sets and it was too close to get three sets ahead in short time. I also k we he was all in with $250 so I had. To figure out a way to get all of it. Action isn't always easy to get.

And I've learned to turn down bad action.

I am in match today with a stronger seven speed who is spotting me the last 2 races to seven for fifty. I won the first set 7-4 he won the second set 7-5. I won the third set 7-5. We are on the fourth set 2-2 my break.

We took a break to eat.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Well this match up was too tough, I gave it my best go but he was at least 3 balls better than me in the end. I lost $200 and threw in the towel.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Today was a pretty good day at Chester's. I played a race to six for fifty and spotted a guy the first break and the call 8. I won 6-3 and he quit. I bought him a beer afterwards.

Then I played Long even races to seven win by two for fifty a set. I beat him 8 out of ten sets for a cool $300 and his backer threw in the towel.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
In okc at least people have various backers for small sets. From my observation it is the same as backing pros just on a smaller scale. People love action and so they match players up for small stakes. It is good for the players too.

I am not good enough yet to get staked.
:)

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good girl.......now we're talkin.............

Today was a pretty good day at Chester's. I played a race to six for fifty and spotted a guy the first break and the call 8. I won 6-3 and he quit. I bought him a beer afterwards.

Then I played Long even races to seven win by two for fifty a set. I beat him 8 out of ten sets for a cool $300 and his backer threw in the towel.

Glad to see you booked a winner.

I won 2 tournys myself this weekend. My game is still on track with the seizure meds.

I want to say a big thank you for discovering these seizures. Without you on the road with me for those 3 months I might never have found out I was having the seizures.

Thanks you and good luck out there.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
By the way Gene, Jared McGee messaged me on Facebook, he is interested in playing sets with you at Derby if you are interested. And believe it or not Mark from Brickyard wants to play me at DCC.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerod has action for sure.............

By the way Gene, Jared McGee messaged me on Facebook, he is interested in playing sets with you at Derby if you are interested. And believe it or not Mark from Brickyard wants to play me at DCC.

And you know why. Everything is still the same. see the doc tomorrow.

You got to like playing Mark with that one eye thing goin on.

Good Luck.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Mark is my cousin.

Can I make a side bet?

Ken

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Today was okay. I played two races to seven with the owner of Jamaica joes spotting her the seven for $20 per set. The first set went hill hill. I won both sets, she is very nice and has a great pool room.

Then I played Nick a race to five even for $20. He won 5-2 then asked if I wanted to bet more. I told him I wanted to see if I could break even before betting more. We played again and I won 5-1. Then he said he wanted to keep the bet at $20.

I convinced him to play a race to nine for $100 and he agreed. This time I consciously used every aspect of perfect aim I learned and had a lead of 7-1. But then I began to relax a but thinking he wouldn't bet another set if its not slightly closer. I beat him 9-3. He quit for the night apparently someone else won money from him before me.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Today was okay. I played two races to seven with the owner of Jamaica joes spotting her the seven for $20 per set. The first set went hill hill. I won both sets, she is very nice and has a great pool room.

Then I played Nick a race to five even for $20. He won 5-2 then asked if I wanted to bet more. I told him I wanted to see if I could break even before betting more. We played again and I won 5-1. Then he said he wanted to keep the bet at $20.

I convinced him to play a race to nine for $100 and he agreed. This time I consciously used every aspect of perfect aim I learned and had a lead of 7-1. But then I began to relax a but thinking he wouldn't bet another set if its not slightly closer. I beat him 9-3. He quit for the night apparently someone else won money from him before me.

Hustler......

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
Rhea

How old is Jared McGee now? I remember playing him when I was living in SC at GSB tour stops. The kid was strong back then and he was young. Is he still running around w josh Roberts?

How do gene and Jared play? Even?

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
He looks like he's in his early twenties he's about semi pro speed or a strong thirteen on a scale of one to fifteen on a diamond pro cut nine footer. Close to even or slightly below Gene.

Twenty days on the road so far solo, and I have the exact same amount of money as I had when I left Wisconsin.

I have incurred numerous expenses including five motel stays, food, beverages, tips, table time, new clothing, entry fees, calcuttas, gasoline... they all add up and I am so far dead even.

My average sets are $50 perhaps I need to try for $60 sets it might make a slight difference not too sure.

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
Today has been rough, I stayed out of poolrooms for a change and went bar hopping. Even playing off the wall its hard to lay down or hide my stroke. And drumming up anything over five dollars seems nearly impossible.

The nights not over and I'm not giving up but I might not make my daily nut tonight unless I'm in the right place.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Like that of a fox.

Today has been rough, I stayed out of poolrooms for a change and went bar hopping. Even playing off the wall its hard to lay down or hide my stroke. And drumming up anything over five dollars seems nearly impossible.

The nights not over and I'm not giving up but I might not make my daily nut tonight unless I'm in the right place.

A seasoned old gambler and pool room owner once said, "The life of a pool player is like that of a fox; chicken today, feathers tomorrow."

JoeyA

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
Girls have an edge

I would think that its easier for girls to get action playing pool than guys. Especially in the bar scene.