Righting a wrong

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
somebody asked me recently how long i been building cues
i said 7 years
seems like 7 years, but it's really only been about 4:rolleyes:
my oh my, how time flies when having fun

anyways, the top pic is i beleive to be the first jumpbreak, maybe the 2nd, i built
az'er miah.g bought it
over the last few years it's traveled around the country
a few months ago, another az'er, ??yahoosh?? contacted me to tell that one his buddies ended up with this cue and the forearm split at the joint
so i told him to send it to me
after tearing into it, i decided that it was my ignorance at the time, my procedure at the joint insert that led to the cue breaking
add the fact that this was also one of the few cues that i used the ca finish on and the finish looked pathetic after 3 years of use
can also add the fact that the cue is just flat out fugly with the brown trim:rolleyes:
im glad it broke!!
so now i can replace with something a whole lot better at no charge
mr yahoosh could have easily just got on here and blasted me to hell and back
but he got a hold of me first and gave me the chance to step up
i like guys like that
thanks buddy for giving me the opportunity :thumbup:

aint it ugly , geez, what the hell was i thinking back then
eeeeeeeeegadsssssssssss
6.jpg

finish still in progress
001.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

0082.jpg

013.jpg

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
You have lost your whacky mind. I visited your shop over 5 years ago. You had quit drinking at the time so maybe that explains the forgotten time LOL J/K

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
You have lost your whacky mind. I visited your shop over 5 years ago. You had quit drinking at the time so maybe that explains the forgotten time LOL J/K
was it that long ago?
shit, i cant remember :rolleyes:
but i think the first cue i ever sold was late 2006
quit drinking??? are you nutz? never quit drinking my brewskis
one a day keeps the doctor away :thumbup:

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
the wifie says it was fall of 2005 when you were here
that sound right?
doesnt seem all that long ago
all i had then was the cue companion if i recall

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
the wifie says it was fall of 2005 when you were here
that sound right?
doesnt seem all that long ago
all i had then was the cue companion if i recall

I don't remember exactly. I don't recall your machinery, either, besides that shabby fire hazard you called a spray booth LOL I was with Jason & from your place we went to knock some balls around, then off to Dickie's shop. The only thing that I really retained from your shop was that pristine braz rosewood titleist that you wouldn't let me buy!!!!:angry:

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
I don't remember exactly. I don't recall your machinery, either, besides that shabby fire hazard you called a spray booth LOL I was with Jason & from your place we went to knock some balls around, then off to Dickie's shop. The only thing that I really retained from your shop was that pristine braz rosewood titleist that you wouldn't let me buy!!!!:angry:
oh that plywood booth?
you saw it before i lined it with sheet metal
come a longgggggggggggg way since then buddy

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very stand up gesture.

You are very correct, that brown was hideous. The new one looks great!

Chris

yahosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just arrived...

Received the new cue today, and it looks fantastic. I know everybody says this, but this thing really does hit a ton! Really. It's a beautiful cue, and I am happy for Brent, who has come a long way in his cue building journey.
Anyone considering a custom cue should check out Brent's work. The fit, finish and performance are all there. Plus, he is a wonderful human being, and a stand up guy. Thanks again Brent, my friend absolutely loves it.
Josh
Edit: Brent posted better pictures on page 2

Last edited:

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Received the new cue today, and it looks fantastic. I know everybody says this, but this thing really does hit a ton! Really. It's a beautiful cue, and I am happy for Brent, who has come a long way in his cue building journey.
Anyone considering a custom cue should check out Brent's work. The fit, finish and performance are all there. Plus, he is a wonderful human being, and a stand up guy. Thanks again Brent, my friend absolutely loves it.
Josh

pics are huge josh, i edited & reduced the ones you sent me
check your email
thanks josh & to the other josh
it was the right thing to do :thumbup:
gotta love that "hits a ton" phrase

Last edited:

miah g.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That jump/break was a freakin monster. If i played more than once a year, i would have kept it. The jump section was the proverbial nuts.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
Thanks again Brent, my friend absolutely loves it.
Josh
josh, here's edited & enhanced pics
002-49.jpg

012-5.jpg

037.jpg

036.jpg

033.jpg

031.jpg

025.jpg

038.jpg

nbc

Cuefather
Silver Member

Merry Christmas, Brent!

And same to you Eric!

Remember that conversion cue that Eric helped you with before...? That i bought from you, Brent. It is still one of my favorite and most played cues. When my game goes out of whack (which is quite often), that cue comes out of my cue cabinet and I play with it to straighten out my stroke. :)

I hope you both have a wonderful Holidays with your family and keep safe.

Brent, I will need a cue from you soon.

And Eric, I'm still waiting for that butterfly from you.

Keep safe gents.

nbc (Noel)