Ring game tournament

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Something new for the Southern California players.

Publication3.jpg

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those in the area check out the website at www.bisdogs.com/ringgame for the format and rules. It should be a fun tournament with a lot of playing and no sitting around waiting for your next match. You could be playing all day.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those in the area check out the website at www.bisdogs.com/ringgame for the format and rules. It should be a fun tournament with a lot of playing and no sitting around waiting for your next match. You could be playing all day.

I was reading the rules and it says after the first 6 games there will be a redraw for position. Does that mean the same six players are still on the same table with just a new order, or are there going to be new groupings of players ? Thanks, just wondered for if a player draws an original group with three killers is he stuck with them for the entire 4 hours ?

Sounds like a very good idea, good luck with the tournament !

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was reading the rules and it says after the first 6 games there will be a redraw for position. Does that mean the same six players are still on the same table with just a new order, or are there going to be new groupings of players ? Thanks, just wondered for if a player draws an original group with three killers is he stuck with them for the entire 4 hours ?

Sounds like a very good idea, good luck with the tournament !

Yes it will be the luck of the draw which table you fall into. After six games the redraw is for the shooting order on that same table. The second round will be random draw as to which of the three tables you will play in.
With a bit of luck one might be drawn into one of the soft tables.

Don Owen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I see the typical rule that if a player fails to make a good hit then the incoming player may pass the shot back to the fouling player. I have been advocating that the incoming player can pass the shot forward and if all players pass then the fouling player must take the shot. I haven't been very successful in getting acceptance of that rule but I believe it is more fair and can possibly prevent collusion.

Don

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see the typical rule that if a player fails to make a good hit then the incoming player may pass the shot back to the fouling player. I have been advocating that the incoming player can pass the shot forward and if all players pass then the fouling player must take the shot. I haven't been very successful in getting acceptance of that rule but I believe it is more fair and can possibly prevent collusion.

Don

Very interesting Don and something to think about. We will study this suggestion. Also congratulations on the win last year at the BCA if your are that Don Owen

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ring game

Hey frank.

In 2005, BCAPool League held a 10 ball ring game. It was at the plaza hotel in Vegas. We had it with our national. 9-ball event.

Also had US open one pocket and US open banks at this event. Total of 8 of the 9' tables and I think about 60 of the. 7' tables.

We also had 6 players per table- and used around 16 tables. I think we had around 100 players. It was a true double elimination and a lot of fun. I'm going by memory but can check some old files to check my numbers.

Every player had to 'lose' twice to be eliminated. We had the players track their wins. Once 6 wins were attained, the player quit playing. Either 2 or. 3 players from each table advanced each round.

Just some more random facts. It was a good event!

Mark Griffin

Don Owen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very interesting Don and something to think about. We will study this suggestion. Also congratulations on the win last year at the BCA if your are that Don Owen

Thank you. It was me. This year I didn't play nearly as well.
Don

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds fun.

What would be examples of not 'honest effort'?

Is it hard to explain but easy to recognize?

What penalty happens if it happens? Are there warnings or guidance as to do's and don't's?

Example: ball straight away frozen to rail: Ok to smash it and hope? Not OK to feather it and swing cb 2,3 rails to pocket a hanger in the corner?

I guess if I don't already know...maybe I don't play, or pay, play and learn.:eek::eek:

Good luck with tournament...something different.

(Last time I played, at $5/$10 six handed, burned $100 before I had a legit shot...was out b4 the reshuffle.:mad::mad:)

Edit: Maybe some of this is covered at player's meeting...and big thanks to Frank, Al, Alex and Kent for an interesting tournament format.

Last edited:

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds fun.

What would be examples of not 'honest effort'?

Is it hard to explain but easy to recognize?

What penalty happens if it happens? Are there warnings or guidance as to do's and don't's?

Example: ball straight away frozen to rail: Ok to smash it and hope? Not OK to feather it and swing cb 2,3 rails to pocket a hanger in the corner?

I guess if I don't already know...maybe I don't play, or pay, play and learn.:eek::eek:

Good luck with tournament...something different.

(Last time I played, at $5/$10 six handed, burned $100 before I had a legit shot...was out b4 the reshuffle.:mad::mad:)

Edit: Maybe some of this is covered at player's meeting...and big thanks to Frank, Al, Alex and Kent for an interesting tournament format.

Bill, of course there will situations that will be out of our control but we will cover this topic during the players meeting. In most ring games especially with six players on the table it's most unlikely that you will not get back up to the table in that game so you should try to make something happen now. Personally, I would try to move as many balls as I can and hope that one of them is the money ball.

The tournament is designed for all to have a good time and with a bit of luck even the weaker players have a good chance to advance. Because of the nature of the game even the killer players on any particular table may not advance.

We're hoping that all the players will have the integrity to keep the game honest and abide by the rules. Management and the tournament directors will monitor the tournament as it progresses and will make decisions as needed. Thanks for your input.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill, of course there will situations that will be out of our control but we will cover this topic during the players meeting. In most ring games especially with six players on the table it's most unlikely that you will not get back up to the table in that game so you should try to make something happen now. Personally, I would try to move as many balls as I can and hope that one of them is the money ball.

The tournament is designed for all to have a good time and with a bit of luck even the weaker players have a good chance to advance. Because of the nature of the game even the killer players on any particular table may not advance.

We're hoping that all the players will have the integrity to keep the game honest and abide by the rules. Management and the tournament directors will monitor the tournament as it progresses and will make decisions as needed. Thanks for your input.

Sounds like you guys have it covered.

thanks for addressing the question/and good luck to everybody