RIP Scott Lee

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
How very sad and shocking! RIP Scott! My condolences to his family, students and all his friends. You have made a monumental contribution to pool and I have had the gift of working with you and knowing you for years. You will be missed.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Very sad news. He was an awesome guy. Never able to get any lessons but chatted with him a few times when he stayed here in NJ. He also let me try out his Revo many years ago while I was shooting in league.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It comes as no small surprise that apparently Scott played his cards held tightly against his vest.
He dealt with his cancer exhibiting the bravery and strength of a heroic soldier fighting in combat.

None of us had any inkling Scott had cancer or that he was fighting it in the more advanced stages.
This comes as such a surprise that it is obvious Scott wanted to keep this private & boy, he sure did.

For many of us in our lifetime, we meet someone in the pool community that leaves a big impression.
It might be a pro or just some local phenomena or pool room owner. Scott was exactly that type of guy.

From the moment when we first met, it was instantly clear to me here’s a guy I’m going to like. And it
wasn’t just pool related either. He was a nice guy but when it involved pool, he stood taller than most.

Last edited:

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terribly sad news. :cry:

I didn't know Scott personally, but I felt like I knew him through his posts here. He was obviously a person of substantial character, and I can understand why he didn't want to be treated any differently even though he was very sick. It takes a lot of courage to hide terminal cancer from your close friends so as not to burden them with sorrow. Still, sometimes a friend wants to be able to say, "I love you." before it's too late.

Thieves stole a case full of his cues in the last months of his life. Hopefully, karma will serve up justice to them.

Godspeed Scott Lee. I offer my sincere condolences to his family and friends. Hopefully Scott will still be able to read this forum and realize how much he was respected as a teacher and loved as a friend.

Last edited:

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I commented over on the instructor thread. Now I'm sitting in the basement looking at my table and knowing he will never be here again. Whether for a lesson or just a place to stay while passing through. He was always a welcome guest, a great teacher, a friend.

Like so many others I'll play those DVD's in tribute.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott and I go back a few years. Had several lessons with him as I knew he was the best. He stayed at my house and we went out to eat several times. I invited him to play with friends the morning before he hit the road again. Not only did he play but gave an impromptu exhibition. Also spent an hour giving a group lesson but wouldn't dream of getting paid to do it. Proud to call him a good friend and ambassador.
At the super billiards expo a couple of years ago we hung out together and through the day he introduced me to many of the great pro players who were competing there. I'm a simple club player but while in my mind for that experience I was strutting around (in my mind),. It was because of him. Thanks Scott....I'll miss you ...... Mitch

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I forgot about that cue story. I think it was last year at executive west. I remember it was a cue your Joesy maybe that you owned forever.

I wasn’t aware Scott was even sick. This is very sad he was a great guy and had all the Jack White stories. Scott will be missed.

RIP🙏🏼
You have a good memory for detail Eric. Right on all counts. I met Scott in the restaurant for breakfast and he had my cue with him. He said he found it laying against a wall and recognized it as my playing cue. I actually played and won matches with that Josey cue after I got it back, getting in the money in the Banks. Thank you Scott!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have a good memory for detail Eric. Right on all counts. I met Scott in the restaurant for breakfast and he had my cue with him. He said he found it laying against a wall and recognized it as my playing cue. I actually played and won matches with that Josey cue after I got it back, getting in the money in the Banks. Thank you Scott!
My memory scares me some times, how I can recall the past, I’m really not sure how I can. I forgot about that happening, then when you mentioned it, it all came back to me. Who made the cue, everything. Crazy how that works.

JC

Coos Cues
The reason we didn't know he was sick is because Scott was a doer, not a complainer. The man had a work ethic any mother would be proud of. I think he named his drills after his own.

I have always treasured the weekend he spent with me in Coos Bay. I practice many things he showed me regularly.

RIP my friend

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May nothing but the absolutely worst of luck follow and haunt the thieves who stole Scott’s cues their remaining days.
Scott invested a lot of time, effort and money creating his collection only to have it snatched away just like his life was.

This is really a tragedy beyond one’s initial impressions. He touched so many lives and conducted himself with grace &
dignity despite some of the antics that came up around these parts. Nope, he was a class act and he’s hard to replace.